• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Carol Reed 10: Bosch’s Damnation

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

A rookie doofus, that’s me to a Tee-hee.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What’s this, zobraks discussing games? Gasp

I agree, the scenery and excellent photography alone makes every game worth playing, whatever the story. I’d play a CR game about finding Bigge’s missing underpants as long as I get to explore Norrköping for a few hours.

zobraks - 12 April 2014 08:56 AM

At the end, I’d like to point out the biggest blunder in BD (and in the whole saga, as far as I am concerned): [spoiler]there is no way you can climb a railroad car/railway carriage by stepping on a bicycle tyre (unless you weigh less than an ounce, that is). Don’t try it, kids!!![/spoiler]

Hehe, I had the check the hints for that puzzle and when I did my reaction was Angry
I was searching everywhere for a ladder and couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t pick up the one in the church. But hey, who needs a ladder when you’ve got a bike tyre!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 12 April 2014 06:06 PM

It’s worse. In his own words he’s blabbering about games.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Don’t we all (do so)?

Here’s more blabbering:

Stranger things happen here: I noticed Advie (that’s Adventurerere for you old forum members) didn’t post
for a few days, maybe a whole week (!?!??).
Now THAT’s a miracle (in my book).

I had the check the hints for that puzzle

Amateur! I didn’t use the hints at all.

I still don’t get the logic behind the way I opened the hollow in the brick wall where Bosch’s Paradise was hidden.
I’ve seen the star chart, I’ve been given the psalm chart by Erik the Murderer, I knew what the psalm numbers were, I knew how many times the stars should be pressed, yet when I did so - nothing happened. Then I left the scene (close up) for a moment, came back, pressed a star twice and - hey, presto!
Now that I’ve tried to explain to you what happened I found the (somewhat twisted, for me) logic.

Speaking of twisted logic, it didn’t occur to me at first that I should have taken the picture of the numbers & abacus in the Museum of school first in order to be able to open the box in Carin’s studio. Why the hell I needed the picture when I already knew the code (all I had to do was to compare the numbers in museum to a top of the secret box)?!?
And yes, I had Carin’s painting from Radiot’s cottage with those black balls on abacus.

This puzzle took most of my time, all the others were a piece of cake (Or was it “a hill of beans”? Stupid idioms.).

One more note: if it wasn’t for the space bar I would have missed some of the hot spots.
That’s why I suck at chess - I never pay attention to the small details, like my queen being on my opponent bishop’s path or something.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 April 2014 04:30 AM

This puzzle took most of my time, all the others were a piece of cake [size=1]

I agree with your spoiler text. It confused me too. Needlessly complicated.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zobraks - 13 April 2014 04:30 AM

One more note: if it wasn’t for the space bar I would have missed some of the hot spots.

Amateur.
(But it’s not like we didn’t already know that, judging by your poor record in the screenshot thread)

By the way, entering the code worked for me first time.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, I finished Cold Case Summer last night. Before I started I had half a mind to read up on the Palme murder but I’m glad I didn’t until afterwards, cause Carol’s “solution” is in Wikipedia and that would have spoiled my fun. There was even a nice scare moment, didn’t see that one coming at all. 

The real-life locations are the best part of course. A leper colony in Sweden?!? And then I remembered what the author said about it in the AG interview. Smile Nimis made out of driftwood is a marvelous place! Located in the “independent state” Ladonia, which has the best national anthem ever.Throwing a rock in the sea. Cool I love how the CR games make me look up stuff.  Apparently the artist, Lars Vilks, was also involved in the great outdoors art exhibition in Bosch’s Damnation.

So I will probably play other CR games. For the locations, not for the puzzles (more of the same), the story and the wooden conversations.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It took reason some time to arrive from the lower back muscles to your grey cells (as they say where I come from), but it DID arrive, I say.
Welcome to the Carol Reed Appreciation Society!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tell me, when are you going to play Tex?  Tongue

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Tex Murphy?
I have no idea. I prefer stylized graphics, so Tex (like other FMVs*) stands a slim chance.

*BAT games excluded.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ah, bat games.

Tell me, when are you going to play Blue Heat and the 18+ version of GAG?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

What Carol Reed games are the ones with the good stories. I am about to explore this franchise.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I am glad to see people interested in Carol Reed games.  Nice that Mr. Z supports the developer….which I’m sure his wallet appreciates as well Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bonsai - 23 April 2014 08:25 PM

Nice that Mr. Z supports the developer….which I’m sure his wallet appreciates as well Wink

Whose wallet? Mr. Z’s or the developer’s??? Tongue Crazy

Origami - 23 April 2014 04:15 PM

What Carol Reed games are the ones with the good stories. I am about to explore this franchise.

That got discussed a little on the last page. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ahh thank you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top