• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Missing Since January won’t play

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

I bought this game several years ago and was able to play it at that time. Last week I found the CDs and decided I wanted to play it again.

I installed installed the game and attempted to play it but, it would always stop at the opening movie. It starts with a screen saying “Warning   Caution: the following video may offend certain viewers. Click to continue.” I click on the screen and the text fades to black like it is going to start playing a video… and nothing happens.

I have tried looking for patches, updated drivers, attempted to play in Windows 7 and compatibility modes for 2000 and XP, and it still will not play. I even purchased and downloaded the game, again, to make sure it wasn’t an issue with the old CDs. It still will not play and I am out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Did you install Shockwave and QuickTime? They are needed by the game.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

Both are installed on my computer and are also prompted to install by the game itself at the end of the installation.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-08-30

PM

I bought Missing at a yard sale this past weekend, (unopened, still in packaging) and I can’t get it past the intro movie as well. I’ve looked for patches and the official website for ways to fix the error with no solution. All my computers have windows 7 and all my players are updated. The most alarming thing is Adventure Gamers is still selling this game online and they have to know that it won’t work with newer computers. I’d make sure your game is still playable before buying ANY game from this company.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

lemae - 30 August 2014 03:28 PM

Adventure Gamers is still selling this game online

Adventure Gamers doesn’t sell any games. If you’re talking about the Adventure Shop, that’s an unrelated site…

I have my own question about Missing: Since January: do the links that are used in the game still work, is everything still online?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top