• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Another words, anyone on a high wage due to being their for x amount of time.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Rare has been dead for a few years now, having all those cancelled projects must have been frustrating.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Tragically, you’re right. Can’t believe they stopped work on some of the projects I’ve seen. The one close to titanfall is funny.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

From 2000 - 2006 I loved playing adventure games on the PS2, but the PS3 failed to take off in it’s early years and I ended up playing adventure games on of all things a Dsi XL.

I just got a PS3 for $119 dollars and what few adventure games that got released for it for 5-15 dollars each.

The PS4 looks great but does need many more games before I’d take the plunge. I bought a PS2 at launch and you end up buying everything that gets released at first to have something to play on it.

Between the 2 I’d say PS4 but it’s the games that matter and both consoles need games badly.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

While vita is almost dead and bleeding money , Kaz Hirai said PS4 hardware is already profitable.

And that not even one year in.

Good going.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Might just be me, but I don’t see a need for what vita does. It’s just too expensive and overpowered for gaming on the go.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

OH yea, more of this stuff.

OK, one website announced future 2013 adventure game releases, VITA had six, 3DS none. at the time in 2012 I was all about the 3DS (Resident Evil, yea!) But - the six games sounded good (compared to zero) and for $139 dollars I had a VITA.

I have 68 games on the VITA, 22 of them adventure titles to include Broken Sword, Walking Dead 1 and 2, Dangaronpa, Virtue’s Last Reward, to name a few.

For the eighth generation - that’s the most so far on any platform.

In addition, my favorite video game of all time - Persona 4 Golden is on the system - love that game.

I’ve even seen sales where used VITAs go for $119 dollars.

For me - it’s the games, all that counts. I’ll buy a system - just have some must play games on it.

As for price and power - I’ll gladly pay up to $699 for a system - just have about 20 or so must play games on it.

I paid $695 for my ipad mini and it is great, I’d pay it again. So $399 for a PS4 is OK, I’m watching the games getting released to see when some must have games are released for it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 22 May 2014 09:34 PM

OH yea, more of this stuff.

OK, one website announced future 2013 adventure game releases, VITA had six, 3DS none. at the time in 2012 I was all about the 3DS (Resident Evil, yea!) But - the six games sounded good (compared to zero) and for $139 dollars I had a VITA.

I have 68 games on the VITA, 22 of them adventure titles to include Broken Sword, Walking Dead 1 and 2, Dangaronda, Virtue’s Last Reward, to name a few.

I’ve even seen sales where used VITAs go for $119 dollars.

I paid $695 for my ipad mini and it is great, I’d pay it again.

Heart

Vita will loose if people like you who love the portable so much are gonna wait for price drops. You should have been early adopter rather than waiting for 20 games This philosophy is helping you but hurting Sony and thats why Vita is dead.

Tablets are BIG competition and people can get more value out of cheap games on it than cart based games on Vita.
And even for hardcore Vita doesnt offer much.

Its really bad to see Tearway getting ignored and underperforming because its on shit system. Didnt even hit million yet??

Games you mentioned from BS to VLR are on other systems too so no edge.

They need killer apps that can challenge Tablets.

And its not Dangaronda, for your best AG on vita you are yet to pronounce it right

Heart

@tad

It does old ports and Remote play.
Guess thats all it can do now.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

My nephew loves the Vita as it allows him to come round and play COD:Ghosts with his pals while the rest of us watch the TV.

To be honest though apart from Hotline Miami it’s the only thing it gets used for.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Vita is the best for niche title from Japan and indie titles exclusives and ports. Excellent hardware and screen. Gamers that own one seem to be happy because the attach rate is high and indie developers seem to be happy with the sales on the platform.
But that won’t bring big hardware sales. Don’t think anything will do at this point (maybe Minecraft will help a little bit).

Unfortunately, portable market was taken over by the tablets. Even 3DS with a killer line-up is struggling in comparison to the DS.

For me, Vita’s library is more than enough to have justified the purchase and it still has lots of titles i’m looking forward. Also has the best portable versions of Fifa, Need for Speed and fighters and I prefer to play those games on the go.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I echo that Vita is a killer gaming portable machine. There are more than enough good games on it to justify its purchase. Although I do enjoy playing a few games on my iPad(Hearthstone how I love thee), Vita in general offers “meatier” games that are more suitable for the hardcore gaming audience. Also, there are some types of games that just won’t control good on the iPad due to the lack of sticks and buttons. The virtual controls stuff on the iPad are very clunky and unwieldy for precise timing controls, which is why you won’t see Rayman Legends on the iPad but you will see the excellent endless runner Rayman Jungle Run instead.

If there is one complaint I have about the Vita, it is those ridiculously over priced memory cards. When is Sony going to adopt standards, instead of creating its own proprietary memory cards?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just play VITA games because there are several adventure games I like on the system (both ports and originals like Dangaronpa) and the OLED screen is a joy to view them on.

I got into the VITA really late in the latest video game generation because I was a big Nintendo 3DS fan at one time.

If there is one complaint I have about the Vita, it is those ridiculously over priced memory cards. When is Sony going to adopt standards, instead of creating its own proprietary memory cards?

Yep, both the ipad and VITA are a pain when it comes to memory. I get all my VITA memory cards used for reasonable prices. On the ipad the memory can’t be expanded so I got a 128 GB model for the HIGH price of $695. Ugh. The 16 GB ipads are MUCH cheaper. 

So - for the 8th generation of video games the VITA - now with 70 games (just bought TXK and Borderlands 2 - very nice. I also got the Xblaze demo and Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 expansion - but those may not count as complete games); I am completely set.

Now in 2018 I’m game for anything - but I predict an apple ipad for all my adventure gaming outside the PC. In 2018 I might even get a PS4 with every adventure game on it - that would be fun.

Heart

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

3.5m PS3+4 shipped vs 1.1m 360/XB1 in the same quarter.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That is a large diference! and with the PS4 bombing in Japan so far.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 31 July 2014 11:30 AM

That is a large diference! and with the PS4 bombing in Japan so far.

Japan is a hopeless market for consoles now. They are obsessed with mobile games there.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top