• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So what’s Jane Jensen up to these days?

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

tomimt - 23 April 2016 07:01 PM

As for Jensen, neither Moebius or FK remake

Fabian Knight? Gabriel’s long lost gay brother - could be good idea for GK spinoff, considering the novels Jane is now writing.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Fabio Knight would be better, with the hair and all. But in the name of progress he’d be a bi-sexual, so no one would be left out.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think a reading of the Revolution Studios interview brings some perspective to this conversation.

One, game budgets in the good old days were in the $ multi-millions. That is no longer happening. The $3 million raised by Double Fine on Kickstarter is now the new gold standard. And, for whatever reason you choose, that level of crowdfunding is also a thing of the past.

So what does Jane do? My guess is she continues to write m/m romance novelettes, which she apparently likes to do. And she supplements that income with royalties from her Oberon and Lighthouse casual game franchises.

To do anything else puts her mythic reputation as the ultimate game designer at risk. And I think, considering the financial and critical success of her last two games, it is already at risk.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have seen the last of Jane Jensen, game designer.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

tomimt - 23 April 2016 07:01 PM

As for Jensen, neither Moebius or FK remake

tomimt - 23 April 2016 07:31 PM

Fabio Knight would be better, with the hair and all. But in the name of progress he’d be a bi-sexual, so no one would be left out.

Or how about Freddy Karkass - Frontier Karatist. Fighting disease with frontier karate!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phod - 23 April 2016 09:18 AM

There’s an upcoming GK? Huh?

Yes, there is.

It’s basically this again. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2016 07:44 AM
Phod - 23 April 2016 09:18 AM

There’s an upcoming GK? Huh?

Yes, there is.

It’s basically this again. Wink

Graphic novel like this

can be best option for style for whoever gonna choose to revive it.

Gk3 also had great novel as prologue.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

tomimt - 23 April 2016 07:31 PM

Image Attachments

fabio_knight.jpg

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Just received word on the Sierra Gamers group on Facebook that Pinkerton Road is shutting down its forums. An indication that the business is winding down:

http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/showthread.php?1173-Important-Pinkerton-Forums-Closing-on-May-6

At least she had a go. I said this about Al Lowe but it’s also applicable to Jane Jensen and Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe and Josh Mandel everyone else who came out of the woodwork - at least they got to have some last word on their circumstance and not fade away after Sierra’s abrupt downfall.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Gabriel Knight remake just wasn’t a proper treatment worthy of the original to warrant enough sales - I even liked the graphics of the original better! And there were some dubious gameplay choices, like highlighting the proper dialog choice.

That said, I’m hoping for Jane’s (second) return to games, in Gray Matter 2 or, hopefully, GK4.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If GK remake was not worthy for old fans how new ones were expected to play.
Too bad, good to see Cecil still rocking.
And soon Ron too.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 01 May 2016 08:47 AM

That said, I’m hoping for Jane’s (second) return to games, in Gray Matter 2 or, hopefully, GK4.

I’d prefer Anglophile Adventure.
Passion projects tend to be better…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yeah, I just wished she hadn’t had a poll for backers to choose from and instead just decided on the project that motivated her the most. Anglophile Adventure would definitely have been better than Moebius.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 02 May 2016 03:43 AM
diego - 01 May 2016 08:47 AM

I’d prefer Anglophile Adventure.
Passion projects tend to be better…

Was this one right?

Looks and sounds better definitely.
Infact 2D would have done the job.
I still reckon , Daedelic can make great team with JJ.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 May 2016 08:30 AM

Looks and sounds better definitely.
Infact 2D would have done the job.
I still reckon , Daedelic can make great team with JJ.

Telltale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

That’s easy to say now, but don’t forget that the concept art for moebius looked excellent too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top