• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS - Release 31 August 2015

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tomimt - 31 August 2015 09:22 AM

And it’s open on GOG.

W00t, I thought it was only going to be 9PM tonight. Downloading now! Cool

Edit: those very small backwards playing bits in the soundtrack are creepy as hell. And the lullabies strike that delicate balance between being a believable lullaby and being pure horror at the same time. Loving it!

Edit 2: Track 14, “Sleep Now” (the hummed version of the lullaby), is definitely on the horror side. It didn’t sound so creepy to me but it managed to utterly terrify my 2-year old daughter. She came crying for a hug, saying “afraid” and asking “done” when pointing at my laptop (while backing away from it)...
No more listening to the evil Stasis soundtrack until the kids are in bed. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Always good to know I can scare little kids!

The game is live over on Steam right now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380150

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

IGN gave it a 9/10. Thus, one can assume Paper, rock, shotgun will give it a -1/10 Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If RPS gives it a positive review, we’ll know it’s a bad game, no questions asked and no other opinions needed from any where else.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All new quality adventures have to go through the Walker trashing. It’s part of the ritual now Smile

Pyke - 31 August 2015 03:51 PM

Always good to know I can scare little kids!

The game is live over on Steam right now!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380150

You’re on top sellers list! Hope is stays that way. (Also 100% positive reviews so far).

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Extremely happy to see very positive IGN review and 100% glowing steam reviews! Go Stasis Go Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

now i just need time to play it Tongue

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well, RPS didn’t have Walker reviewing it and the reviewer Alec Meer says it’s the best adventure game he’s played in years as well as one of the most impressive horror game he’s played latetly.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/01/stasis-review-pc/

I’m now a bit saddened I can’t write a comment there saying how much I disagree with Walker’s more than likely trashing of the whole game.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

tomimt - 01 September 2015 05:27 AM

Well, RPS didn’t have Walker reviewing it and the reviewer Alec Meer says it’s the best adventure game he’s played in years as well as one of the most impressive horror game he’s played latetly.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/01/stasis-review-pc/

I’m now a bit saddened I can’t write a comment there saying how much I disagree with Walker’s more than likely trashing of the whole game.

Still, the reviewer feels compelled to preface his review by apologizing for having enjoyed a couple of adventure games in his life, and giving reassurances that he only plays them for the stories (like reading Playboy) and anyway it’s only the first one he’s liked in two decades so please don’t take away his cool kids membership card prettypleasewithacherryontop. Good grief…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Congrats Pyke , for all the success.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Ahenobarbus - 31 August 2015 05:18 PM

Extremely happy to see very positive IGN review and 100% glowing steam reviews! Go Stasis Go Smile

What’s the link for the IGN review?

I can’t find it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Burge - 01 September 2015 09:07 AM
Ahenobarbus - 31 August 2015 05:18 PM

What’s the link for the IGN review?

I can’t find it.

http://za.ign.com/stasis/93707/review/stasis-review

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Game is incredible!
Well done!!

I’ve seen some post that there are problems with Windows 10. I am on Win 10 and game works great!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve just finished the game and I must say wow. The atmosphere of it is just astonishing. It positively oozes atmosphere in a way which trump some of the design issues I have with the game. As such the game is, I’d give it somewhere 3,5 stars.

I can’t justify giving it more than that, as I did think there’s some design issues with it. Mainly there’s some amount of a bit annoying pixel hunting, which broke the flow of the game and the UI is not always very responsive. At time when I opend the inventory it closed up if I moved my mouse to wrong position. Also at times I had to reselect an object and reclick it on a hotspot again as it didn’t activate the first time. Also at times I had to click a pickup hotspot a couple of times on occasion, as they just didn’t seem to register correctly. Though as I have Win10 I don’t know if that’s issues stemming from there.

Also I’m not a fan of the description text displaying on lower right, as that made it feel unnecessarily cumbersome to catch. It would have been better if those texts would have been displayed under the mouse cursor, as that’s where my eyes were naturally.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

tomimt - 02 September 2015 03:57 AM

I’ve just finished the game and I must say wow. The atmosphere of it is just astonishing. It positively oozes atmosphere in a way which trump some of the design issues I have with the game. As such the game is, I’d give it somewhere 3,5 stars.

I can’t justify giving it more than that, as I did think there’s some design issues with it. Mainly there’s some amount of a bit annoying pixel hunting, which broke the flow of the game and the UI is not always very responsive. At time when I opend the inventory it closed up if I moved my mouse to wrong position. Also at times I had to reselect an object and reclick it on a hotspot again as it didn’t activate the first time. Also at times I had to click a pickup hotspot a couple of times on occasion, as they just didn’t seem to register correctly. Though as I have Win10 I don’t know if that’s issues stemming from there.

Also I’m not a fan of the description text displaying on lower right, as that made it feel unnecessarily cumbersome to catch. It would have been better if those texts would have been displayed under the mouse cursor, as that’s where my eyes were naturally.

Valid criticisms.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top