• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey Jimmy! Is that a gun in your sporran or are you just pleased to see me?

As he had lain in the cell facing his last hours on earth, he had thought it couldn’t get any worse, but then it had when he ended up with a singing executioner!

Following yet another rejection from Nico, George’s body followed his heart and finally turned into stone. (Broken Sword 6 ending!) Wink

It was only when she finally got backstage after the gig that she realised that sleeping with one of ZZ Top wasn’t going to be worth the anecdote after all.

Man it was a long way down.
Wasn’t it?
Or was that a long way… sidew…up…?
As he waited for Watson to come and show him which way up he should be he knew the ability to do one arm press ups wasn’t worth the opium habit.

Sorry about that, mine have gone a bit dark this time!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ah, what the hell, I don’t wanna be a party pooper:

Scientist: So, you drank a little bit of that green stuff, and your penis turned into a chicken wing?! I’m sorry, but that’s a cock-and-bull story!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Scientist: I can see that becoming my assistant is a feather in your cap!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The results - tomorrow evening!

There’s still time to earn some fabulous awards, boy!

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

What do you mean, I’m the wind beneath your wing? Get out you filthy boy!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Come quick Jeb…......got me a young, fresh one!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Due to technical difficulties (i.e. no internet) the round results have to be postponed. Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 29 November 2015 04:02 PM

Due to technical difficulties (i.e. no internet) the round results have to be postponed. Smile

Scientist: “Haha, my evil plan to get the round results postponed has worked!”

Guard: “I have captured Diego. He postponed the round results! What shall we do with him? Hang him? Throw him in the well? Axe off his head?”

Why the round results haven’t been posted yet: Diego froze solid while waiting for his internet connection to work again.

Guard: “We’ve thrown him in here, and the plan is to leave him here to rot.”
Lady: “Why? What did he do?”
Guard: “His name is Diego. He postponed round results.”
Lady: *GASP*

Sherlock Holmes, speeding through the woods to come to Diego’s rescue and solve the murder of this “Internet Connection” fellow.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey! I can steal read it and post short messsages! Pan  Crazy

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 29 November 2015 05:15 PM

Hey! I can steal

Scientist: “Haha, my evil “auto-MIScorrect” machine is working perfectly!”
Assistant: “Actually, it’s not. Auto-correct IS that bad…”

Guard: “I have captured Diego. He stole! What shall we do with him? Hang him? Throw him in the well? Or some good old-fashioned chopping off of hands?”

Grin Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Grin Yeah, yeah, so I’m writing on an awful mobile keyboard in a hurry. Well I know who’s not getting any awards for this round.  Crazy

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 21 November 2015 05:49 PM

Executioner: “I’m sorry laddie that you will now learn that the good old-fashioned inter-neck connection is the only one that never fails.”

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Just hangin’ out until the results are posted.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s that time of year again, when we get to see:

Sefir - 24 November 2015 04:11 AM

Old scientist: “I’m sorry young man! I still find that feathery…thing you have for the cover of your penis, entirely ridiculous.”

Intense Degree - 27 November 2015 11:56 AM

As he had lain in the cell facing his last hours on earth, he had thought it couldn’t get any worse, but then it had when he ended up with a singing executioner!

Lady Kestrel - 21 November 2015 06:10 PM

Stone Cold Steve Austin

TimovieMan - 22 November 2015 09:00 AM

Lady: “Oh God, it’s hideous!”
Prisoner: “Tell me about it! Even with that sword he looks wimpy, and don’t even get me started on that cape!”

chrissie - 22 November 2015 03:49 PM

The main protagonist practises moves (badly) for his next part in Frogwares’ action-orientated game: Crouching Holmes, Hidden Watson.

NICE JOB!!! You win:

Messing with statues, level - pro:

A good lawyer!

and

The execution rescue short movie!!

The runners-up:

Intense Degree - 27 November 2015 11:56 AM

Hey Jimmy! Is that a gun in your sporran or are you just pleased to see me?

TimovieMan - 22 November 2015 09:00 AM

Burly guide: “Now that you’ve seen where we execute people, let me show you the rest of the town square!”
Boy: “Can’t it wait for a bit? I *really* need to pee!”

chrissie - 22 November 2015 02:14 PM

The handsome arctic explorer underestimated the extent of the freezing conditions while posting a quick selfie to a date-line website…....he got no replies.

Sefir - 24 November 2015 04:11 AM

Prisoner: “You are sentenced to crucifixion?? You lucky bastards!!!”

TimovieMan - 22 November 2015 05:13 PM

David Blaine, practicing his levitation act.

Well done! You, but also everyone else win:

Messing with snow, level - pro:

A good scientist!

and

Just for Laughs!!

Thanks for playing, everyone! Grin

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Excellent round everyone!!

Thanks for the prizes diego. I had tons of laughs. Especially with the statues!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top