• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

DooM 2016

-Mick is a blessing, after Wolfenstein, killerinstinct and Doom he will return in next Prey.
His music is my jam, and easily major hook to keep the fights engaging.
True sound engineer, shit is bonkers tbh. 9 fkin strings guitar, now he is selling it.
-PC 4k 1080 card make ps4 look ps2 ver. Easily the best technical game, considering all things. Idtech6 shits on Carmack from highest chinese mountain.
60 fps is a game changer for The King of fps.
-Had great fun with chaingun, plasma,bfg and boss fights were great.
-Some really repetitive arena challenges, the whole experience felt bit boring due to same enemies, bestiary was not enough for length, maybe if they had seperated Boss fights 2nd form to use else where to cut down filler fights with normal baddies.
-Platforming was smooth and reminded me of good old Metroidprime.
-Easily among Goty list along with Tlg and Dis2.

9/10 Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hitman ep5 Colorado

Best ep since Sapienza, great story build up, better than Bourne.
Another good playground to plan assassinations, intense and quite splintercellish.

Worthy followup of Bloodmoney after disaster Absolution.
Again Jesperkyd signature symbolic ambient feel is missing but anyway.

9/10

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

Probably 20 hours with side missions ext. Pacifist playthrough with no fatalities.

It’s pretty similar to the last game. Fun to explore and use the Augs, good range of weapons and abilities. Multiple paths and options to choose and Jensen is a bad ass.

Pros

* Nice graphics and les gold/black than before.
* The levels were adaptable to different augs and playstyles
* It’s fun to play with lots of augs to try out
* The stealth aspect was better than before and a tru pacifist ending was achievable without those dreadful boss fights from the previous game.
* Good variety of missions and side stuff to do.
* Some real consequences to your actions if a bit binary.

Cons

* Story/characters is a bit forgettable. Sticks to its basic racism parallels.
* Open ending for a sequel was obvious
* Voice work could have done with some polish.

Overall fun to play, but not a great story.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (PSP). Third game in the infamous survival series by IREM, where you need to survive during/after a natural disaster (in this case, an earthquake that took out a city on top of artificial island). You make your way through set pieces, while paying attention to your HP and stress levels, as you try to look for a way out of the disaster area. It’s kinda like Disaster on the Wii, without the shooting. For those who have played Steambot Chronicles (PS2, also an IREM game), you can expect the same kind of wonderful comedy in the conversation system (which has a lot of options) and countless of clothes sets.

And the theme song is great! (It’s the song featured in the PV, where you can also see how the gameplay is). A fourth game was in development for the PS3 back in 2011, until IREM cancelled the game, following the series, following the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake (the earthquake happened just before the release).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tantei KID - 03 October 2016 01:41 PM

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (PSP). Third game in the infamous survival series by IREM,

A fourth game was in development for the PS3 back in 2011, until IREM cancelled the game, following the series, following the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake (the earthquake happened just before the release).

It was a cult hit. My ps2 fav gem.
Rawdanger is among best narrative bending game out there right up there with DeusEx and WayoftheSamurai.

4th game is back on track along with another title from same creator.

I dont think it will reach Rawdanger level of scenario writing and characters though.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Yesterday - PC

Played this game in preparation for the prequel/sequel and ultimately I have mixed feeling about it. On one hand, I liked the story and background artwork, and on the other hand, I didn’t like the animation and the length. At the beginning I didn’t like how the character just teleported to interactive objects, but as the game went on, I came to appreciate it (I didn’t have to wait for the character to walk/run to their destination). I have no issues with the UI nor the puzzles (game has it’s own hint system). Completed the game in about 5 hrs. Felt it could have used double that to flesh out the story more or even expand on it. Knowing how short this game was, I am no longer going to pre-order the next one, which is a shame since I like the developer. I am going to wait for some reviews first.

Pro;

- Background artwork
- Story

Con;

- Way too short
- Character animation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gears of War 4

Pros

- Really solid and fun campaign, i liked it more than UC4(Never imagined i would say that).
Best of the Gears series.
I have only finished Gears 1 and others never grabbed my attention.
-Good balance of corny GIjoe type band of likeable characters with high quality cutscenes direction.
- Some NaughtyDog or CoD level of Setpieces, the campaign just flows with right intense pace.
- Great story and lore buildup.
- I am sucker for Laura Bailey , who got her Fiona/Catwoman groove back as Kait Diaz. Marcus VA was solid too. He looks legitimately more BadAss now than ever before.
- Never cared about Gears lore and story now i do, its 80s cartoon level cheese affair but new cast and presentation was good enough to make me pay attention, which previous gears never got right.
- Really impressed with Environment art design, beautiful.

Cons

- Gamedesign is as antiquated as Killswitch, but thats just a filler to progress story.
They played it safe to retain hardcore gears fanbase but they need to iron out Jank and clunk in controls, make it more RE4.
- Could have used more enemy types and Boss fights.
- If you are just looking for campaign, its short and aint worth 60$. But its good enough to solo once on medium and coop on hardest difficulty.

Overall

Campaigns are hardly solid anymore, with increasing expectations, so Coalition and Rod did a great job of making it less mundane than other AAA affair nowadays.
I am interested in Gears 5 now.
Shame on 343i.

9/10 - Campaign only.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 October 2016 05:02 AM

Gears of War 4

Pros

- Really solid and fun campaign, i liked it more than UC4(Never imagined i would say that).
-Good balance of corny GIjoe type band of likeable characters with high quality cutscenes direction.
- Some NaughtyDog or CoD level of Setpieces, the campaign just flows with right intense pace.
- I am sucker for Laura Bailey , who got her Fiona/Catwoman groove back as Kait Diaz. Marcus VA was solid too. He looks legitimately more BadAss now than ever before.
- Never cared about Gears lore and story now i do, its 80s cartoon level cheese affair but new cast and presentation was good enough to make me pay attention, which previous gears never got right.

Cons

- Gamedesign is as antiquated as Killswitch, but thats just a filler to progress story.
They played it safe to retain hardcore gears fanbase but they need to iron out Jank and clunk in controls, make it more RE4.
- If you are just looking for campaign, its short and aint worth 60$. But its good enough to solo once on medium and coop on hardest difficulty.

Overall

Campaigns are hardly solid anymore, with increasing expectations, so Coalition and Rod did a great job of making it less mundane than other AAA affair nowadays.
Shame on 343i.

9/10 - Campaign only.

Found this online if your interested to know more of about the story and want to play the other games in order of the story.

Gears of War: Judgment (main campaign)
Gears of War: RAAM’s Shadow (Gears 3 DLC chapters)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Gears of War 2 (up to act 4 chapter 2: Answers)
Gears of War 2: Road to Ruin (DLC chapter)
Gears of War 2 (act 4 chapter 3: Hornet’s Nest - end of game)
Gears of War 3 (up to the end of act 3 chapter 2)
Gears of War: Aftermath (Judgment DLC chapters)
Gears of War 3 (Act 3 chapter 3: Breakneck Run - end of game)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Izlimak - 08 October 2016 05:55 AM
nomadsoul - 08 October 2016 05:02 AM

Gears of War 4

Pros

Cons

Overall

Shame on 343i.

9/10 - Campaign only.

Found this online if your interested to know more of about the story and want to play the other games in order of the story.

Gears of War: Judgment (main campaign)
Gears of War: RAAM’s Shadow (Gears 3 DLC chapters)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Gears of War 2 (up to act 4 chapter 2: Answers)
Gears of War 2: Road to Ruin (DLC chapter)
Gears of War 2 (act 4 chapter 3: Hornet’s Nest - end of game)
Gears of War 3 (up to the end of act 3 chapter 2)
Gears of War: Aftermath (Judgment DLC chapters)
Gears of War 3 (Act 3 chapter 3: Breakneck Run - end of game)

Thanks but i had issues with Gears.
Characters never got the dumb bmovie right.
Moreover ue3 direction they took was stuck in browns and greys, that muted palette and sepia direction just killed it.
Gears4 has more colors, more variety, lore which is like TheThing type monsters Swarm plus better cutscenes production quality, its a solid film even you consider the mocap part..
Music by GoT guy.
Guns with sounds packing punch.
Storms that rip apart stages to get away from static feel on stages of old games.
Characters with snarky comments upto the level to Drake.
They are unidimensional still sharp on what they wanted it to be, which never clicked with me in the past.
It gets dumb American soldier right by better scenario writing and presentation overall.

Its like Doom, how id did better without carmack, and Rod did better than cliffyb.
Its funny actually.

Let me tell you though, some other journos and fans hating campaign and characters.
Smile

Maybe its ArkhamcityvsAsylum debate all over again.

Thanks again for rundown. Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Gears of War 4

Finished the Campaign mode in Harcore. Took around 18 hours and 79% complete for collectibles etc.

Pros

- Return to form for the Gears games after that judgement game..eek Not as good as the Gears 2 but probably up there with the first game.
-Some great set pieces and I liked how they started the game with a new enemy before going all “Locust” on us.
- Great new characters like Uncle Oscar and Kait. Even like the lead who was different enough from a familiar character from the previous games and his banter with said character was pretty decent. The whole family home level was great.
- Giant Robots are cool
- Great ending with a nice easter egg for fans of the series who recognise the symbol and its potential for Gears 5.
- Weather effect were excellent and built into the gameplay.
- Weapons are great but I spent the entire game with the lancer. Active reloading like a boss. It’s such a satisfying sound and chainsawing bad guys is cool.
- Hardcore was a nice challenge without being General Raam level.

Cons

- Trying to shoe horn hoard mode into the single player with the fabricator was lame. I hates those levels.
- It was a bit safe storywise and the Swarm are too similar to the Locust, although they did have a good story reason for it.

Overall

I think this was another great shooter. This year is turning into a memoreable one for fun shooters. Not Doom level of greatness, but it probably is in the top 3 for this year.

5/5

Ps the game also has a shit ton of multiplayer, coop, hoard and card based modes which I barely even looked at.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Here They Lie

I knew what i was getting into before taking a trip into this madness, but it delivered more than i asked for.
Cronenberg, Silenthill and Lynch into one VR piece without any sacrifice.
Its the only VR game that made me realize potential of VR done right.
Sound design to insane art, shit is just bizarre and messed up in all right creative directions.
Real piece of art that is evolution of work done by directors mentioned above.
It proves that games are natural transition as next level of artistic immersion from films, you are living lynchian dream.
What Cronenberg envisioned with Crash and Videodrome is finally achieved, next gen dark fetish, and just like those films it wont find mainstream success and opinions will be divisive.

I am unable to play through Rez and other titles to the end because of motion sickness, same issue here, its too monochromatic at times, i had to push through in 2 sessions totaling 4 hrs, but i stood in some areas to enjoy the world, amazing atmosphere.

But its one experience that you have to go through if you are art lover and loved Silenthill, Crash and Rabbits.

(Rabbits)

If you arent familiar with films or directors above and looking for horror game with
plot and stuff, you will not dig it. There is plot here but its just secondary concern.

10/10

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Recore

This game is certainly a game of many emotions. It went from the initial

I’ve played ReCore for about 10 mins.

Fell through the fecking world about 4 times. Buggy piece of shit. Maybe they should have finished the game before releasing it. It might be less of a problem if it doesnt take about 1 mins to load.

Arrrhhhhh!!!

To post patch having a lot of fun with the game to the end levels of the game being “F**k this f**cking F**k game” throw my controller at the screen frustration.

So having just finished it after 1 day 16 hours and 14 mins of mixed emotions and 800/1000 points I can say at least i’m glad it’s over.

Pros

- The mechanics of the game were fun. A good platformer with some intersting level design and some frustrating as hell platforming.
- I liked the zelda like open hub world and the metroid-ness of coming back when you find new corebots to open up new areas.
- The characters and bots were fun
- Using their abilities esp Seths was never boring.
- Combat was good. The colour coding and the extracting cores were novel and using the sidekicks to actually help out in fights was cool. Do you blow them up for crafting parts or pull out their cores for energy…choices choices.
- The upgrade system was decent, spending time combining items to unlock more of the schematic upgrades, but I kept forgettign to use the fusion mechanic until nearer the end.
- Building multiple frames for the bots and swapping cores made you thing about what loadout to have because you can only take two into the world.

Cons

- Buggy as hell initially and although the patches fixed some of it, it was still janky for most of the game. I kept falling or seeing through the world.
- Load times between areas was sloooooow.
- Story was bleh and esp the 30 sec ending which was… WTF is that it. Too much of the neat story bits were in the audio files.
- Game was fun and flowing well until it hit an artificial brick wall at the end where I had about 20 prismatic cores and the game was like feck you!! go away and get 5 more of those things for each floor of the last area and go level up (you needs to be level 28 ish and have at least 45 cores to get to the final boss)
- The whole Fecking Eden tower levels. The platforming was fun but blooing frustrating and it didnt fit in with the design of the rest of the game with it’s red VR like levels.

Overall

I think this could have been a fantastic shorter game, but the bugs and the pacing are just wrong. It’s like they wanted to make a bigger game, but the budget or time wasnt there so they made a game that propells the story for about 10 hours and then said feck it, ive given up on any semblemce of story now just go grind out stuff for another 10 hours because we have put artificial progress barriers into place.

Disappointing as there was elements that I really liked, but it just falls apart.

2/5

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If you aint in multiplayer, dont buy Tfall2.
Campaign is short.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 29 October 2016 06:47 AM

Campaign is short.

It’s longer than Tfall1

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 29 October 2016 11:13 AM
nomadsoul - 29 October 2016 06:47 AM

Campaign is short.

It’s longer than Tfall1

Doesnt amount to much either.
Just a suggestion.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top