• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It is great to hear that they really managed to do the alternative job paths. That is good replay value, especially when the choises will have more long term effects as well.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Iznogood - 24 October 2014 02:10 PM

I have decided to replay the first book, in order to both get some of the details, missed dialogue options, different variations etc. that I missed first time, but also to see how it plays out with the different career choice. So here are my observations.

Kidbot!!!  Laughing Grin Grin Instead of Shitbot.

I also replayed the game to get different choices but couldn’t get this choice, Iznogood. When and where do you have the option to choose a different job?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

UruBoo - 24 October 2014 05:36 PM

I have decided to replay the first book, in order to both get some of the details, missed dialogue options, different variations etc. that I missed first time, but also to see how it plays out with the different career choice. So here are my observations.

Kidbot!!!  Laughing Grin Grin Instead of Shitbot.

I also replayed the game to get different choices but couldn’t get this choice, Iznogood. When and where do you have the option to choose a different job?

Woah, thats a news, yes do explain.
Will try in second run.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The job choice seems to be linked to what path you decide to take when you leave the Storytime—it’s the first “the balance has shifted” point.

I had no idea until I saw people online getting upset about Mira and an article referred to her as Zoe’s boss. In my playtrhough she wasn’t!

I’m tempted to replay and see the alternate content but don’t want to “break” my choices for the next chapter. I wish there was an option for an alternate profile.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

fov - 24 October 2014 06:09 PM

The job choice seems to be linked to what path you decide to take when you leave the Storytime—it’s the first “the balance has shifted” point.

I think that’s the one. WhenZoe confronts her past self about wanting to be a different person or not.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 24 October 2014 06:47 PM

I think that’s the one. WhenZoe confronts her past self about wanting to be a different person or not.

I believe they are respectively called “The Path that is to be” vs. “The path that was” or at least something similar I can’t remember the exact words, meaning a fresh start vs. reclaiming your old life, and it is indeed the choice you make when you leave storytime.

In “The Path that is to be” you end up as an apprentice to Mira in her electronics / robot business as sort of a homage to Olivia. Whereas in “That path that was” you pick up you bionering studies and re-enlist at Cape Town University, but end up working/studying in a small lab in Prodast Europolis with Ada as your supervisor. “The Path that is to be” is also the path that the vast majority has chosen so far.

It is worth noting that it is the only choice that has immediately consequences in book 1, whereas the rest will have some unknown consequences later in the game.

Edit: Mira calls you “Petal” regardless of whether you work for her or not Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m tempted to replay and see the alternate content but don’t want to “break” my choices for the next chapter. I wish there was an option for an alternate profile.

It is possible to replay without breaking your choices, it just requires a bit of fiddling.

But it does save all checkpoints from both playthroughs, so in order to have your first playthrough be the one that counts, you have to open a old savegame and replay the last part.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hm. Okay, that’s good to know, thanks!

Funny thing about that initial choice… I almost went with “the path that is to be” (or whatever it was called) and then I looked at what others had chosen and saw that only 18% had chosen “the path that was” at that point. For some reason that compelled me to pick it. Tongue

(Kian’s major choices, though, I ended up picking what seemed morally right killing the prisoner, not killing the warden and more than 90% of others picked the same things. Now that makes me *really* curious what the ramifications of the other decision would have been, knowing that very few people will end up seeing them…)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

What I found a bit more puzzling in the statistics, is that very few chose to kill the captain, when that was obviously his whole plan right from the start, that he was prepared to sacrifice his own life in order to get Kian out of prison. I mean show a little faith in the man instead of whining about how you have suddenly turned a pacifist.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Oh - was killing the captain in the statistics? I don’t remember seeing it there. I did it, for the same reason you stated.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

fov - 25 October 2014 12:07 AM

Oh - was killing the captain in the statistics? I don’t remember seeing it there. I did it, for the same reason you stated.

It was. The Kian statistics were killing the captain and finishing or not the dying man. About this last one I think the mans family will probably make an appearance in an upcoming episode since you you could promise to deliver his message.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I think you’re mixing up the warden and the captain. Pretty sure the two Kian stats were for the prisoner and the warden.

I actually felt bad afterward for not killing the warden, when the Azadi soldier later said he was going to die a painful death for letting Kian escape. Frown

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Thanks fov, wilco and iznogood.  Now I know how to change paths. It is when you are confronted with yourself (beside the bedroom) and you may have to choose one or another to “shift” the balance. Great.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

fov - 25 October 2014 01:20 PM

I think you’re mixing up the warden and the captain. Pretty sure the two Kian stats were for the prisoner and the warden.

I actually felt bad afterward for not killing the warden, when the Azadi soldier later said he was going to die a painful death for letting Kian escape. Frown

Oh you’re right. I was totally mixing them Pan
What I meant was the warden and the prisoner choice showed up at the end both were in 90% choice for killing the prisoner and sparing the Warden

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

fov - 25 October 2014 12:07 AM

Not in the statistics shown at the end, but I clicked the button to check what other had chosen, and much to my surprise the majority, though I can’t remember the exact numbers, had chosen not to kill him.

On my second playthrough I did select one of the rarest selected options with only 7%, and that is to stay back and not get involved in the scene with Baruti and London, not because I believe it was the right thing or what Zoë would have done, but because I simply had to see what would happen. And what happened is that London took a big swing with his golf club right to Baruti’s… lets just say the place where it hurts the absolute most… and Baruti said he would spend the rest of the evening with a bag of ice in his lap Sick

Two things that is also puzzling me, and even more now after a second playthrough is:

Apparently your choice between sausages and soup has some unexpected and far-reaching consequences, but what could that possible be? Perhaps the sausages are actually made of humans like Zoë (jokingly) suggests, or perhaps Nela has spiced the soup with some chemicals or bionered substance?

First you run into the girl from the storytime, who is now reading a book about a girl who thinks she has woken up from a dream, but is in reality still dreaming, and then you have random strangers saying things like “You have to wake up”! Someone has even translated the screen with the Arab text in the market, and it says something like “You’ve been dreaming Zoe, Wake up before it’s too late…”

But does that actually mean that Zoë is dreaming the whole thing, that it is not actually real? Or perhaps that she is actually hooked up to a dreammachine and has dreamt herself into Prodast similar to how she dreamt herself into Arcadia? Or is it meant more metaphorical like, she is walking around in a haze not remembering and realising what is going on, but she needs to wake up from that haze?

Personally I’m more inclined to believe the latter, but I’m not in anyway 100% sure.

fov - 25 October 2014 01:20 PM

Yeah me too, but that is something that is out of our control, I still believe I/we did the right thing.

BTW: The choices I made that show up in the end statistics, for my first / main playthrough is:
New path - Killed the prisoner - Spared the Warden - Try to remember - Sausages - Queenie = Meaning in life - Intervene with Baruti and London - Eavesdrop on Nela - Make up with Reza

Though I’m not too sure about the last one, as I don’t trust Reza one bit.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top