• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your first game?

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

What was your first game that you ever played, if you can remember it.
I popped the cherry with… have to think… You were a ball, jumping around on a 3d pyramid (kinda).

The second one was alley cat. I can still hear sounds, when broom kicked you across the room Grin.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some varient of Pong that plugged into the TV (mid to late 70’s)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

nickherc - 20 October 2014 03:48 PM

What was your first game that you ever played, if you can remember it.

Some kind of rattle probably! Grin

If you are talking about computer games, then I guess Tetris gets the spot. I think it was the arcade version.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some ZX Spectrum game, probably Chuckie Egg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I remember one of those Game & Watch type games where you were a policeman chasing a thief (or escaped convict). That was probably the first computer game in any form.

My dad also had one of those Pong machines that hooked up to the TV. Maybe an Atari Home Pong system, I don’t know.

I also remember playing a tank game on a friend’s console. Can’t even remember if it was an Atari or a Commodore.

The first console game I played on a console that I actually owned myself had to be Sega’s World Soccer for the Master System.

My first handheld console game was Tetris for the Nintendo Gameboy (borrowed from a friend, I didn’t own a Gameboy).

The first PC game I’ve ever played was Frogger (on my nephew’s 8086 computer). Then it was the snooker game Rack’em and the platformer Crime Wave on my uncle’s 386.

When I got my very own PC (a 486 which was VERY high-end at the time), the first game was Commander Keen, followed by Leisure Suit Larry.

And the rest is history… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Commander Keen was awesome, I played the forth one like crazy, never did try the rest of them.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

While I can’t pinpoint any specific game, I played a lot of stuff on my brother’s Commodore 64 and his/my mom’s Game & Watch handhelds.

This would have been very early 90’s.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

It’s hard to pinpoint which game was the first game I ever played, since my recollection of the days when I was 5 years old is very blurry. I can name though some of the very first games I played.

I had an Atari 2600, and the first game I most likely played on that one was Combat, because it came with the console. Oh I loved thee Combat Smile

I also possessed an awesome collection of Game and Watch games.

My first PC game was Wolf 3D on a 486, and I also had a Commodore 64 with a bunch of games for it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 October 2014 08:46 PM

Hey! I remember playing those as well (but they were owned by a cousin).
The one I was thinking of isn’t depicted. Can’t seem to find it anywhere. I’m sure I’ll recognize it once I see it, though.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Game&Watch; yeah!!

I had two of those, at least I think it was called game & watch, but if not it’s very similar. It was an ET and a Popeye game.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-04-07

PM

My first PC game was Hocus Pocus followed up by Heretic. Also Supaplex. Damn good games. And since then, I’ve been hooked on video games.

Nobody knows what is gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

In chronological order.

Handheld: Donkey Kong (Game & Watch)

Console: Super Mario Bros (NES)

Computer: Prince of Persia (386)

Adventure: Full Throttle (Pentium)

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-22

PM

We had the big, blocky Pong box, which I believe was released the year I was born. I remember running into our basement closet during a tornado warning and finding it back there. We also had the Atari and the Intellivision, which I suppose I must have played first because I wasn’t impressed by Pong. If that’s the case - Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cloudy Mountain was probably my first or Pitfall if it was the Atari.

Now developing: THE KNOBBLY CROOK

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hey! I used to own the Donkey Kong and the Snoopy Tennis games SoccerDude28 posted!!
The memories….

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Lucien21 - 20 October 2014 04:51 PM

Some varient of Pong that plugged into the TV (mid to late 70’s)

dito, in the early 80’s. It’s also the only console (game) I’ve ever owned.

first PC game was Test Drive (1987) with it’s glorious CGA graphics

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I think the first game I ever played was the text adventure based on the Hobbit. I played some other text adventures at the same time that I don’t remember the name of. I have much stronger memories of Kings Quest 1, which was the first graphical adventure I ever played, and the first game I truly enjoyed.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top