• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG GoTY 2015 and Future

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I use to say AGs are dead, but 2015 was complete turnround.
Really hit the quality mark which i expect from AGs in current era.

My fav picks are,

1) Until Dawn
2) Everybody gone to the Rapture
3) King’s Quest
4) Stasis
5) Tales from the Borderlands/Her Story.

Really glad the quality momentum will stay strong in next year and hopefully beyond that.

Firewatch, Witness, DottRemake, Outlast2, Agatha Chiristie’s ABC murders, Thimbleweed Park, TTG Marvel game,Dreamfall full game, Edithfinch, Rime, KZ0 rest, Samorost3 etc.

Things looking good and like fighting genre coming back this gen, hope it sustains.

What are your favorites this year and anticipated ones.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So far:

1.Life is Strange
2.Tales from the Borderlands
3.Anna’s Quest
4.Game of Thrones
5.Stasis

Future:

Dreamfall (complete), Kings Quest (complete), The Devils men, A Whispered World: Silence; Shenmue III.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

These are my tops of the year thus far.

1. Anna’s Quest
2. Road to Gehenna
3. Tales from the Borderlands
4. Broken Age
5. Life is Strange

(But I really hope to play SOMA, Technobabylon and Her Story before the Aggies)

Apart from these, Silence:TWW2, The Devil’s Man, Dreamfall Chapters, Obduction, Xing and Asylum are what I’m looking forward to.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Dead Synchronicity and Book of Unwritten Tales 2 were two of the more traditional adventures released this year, and two of my favourites. And as fundamentally flawed as it’s final episode was, Life is Strange is my favourite episodic title to date.

LOT of good stuff this year though. Doubt next year will measure up, but looking forward to some Daedelic stuff, the rest of King’s Quest and some more Sherlock Holmes (I think…?). A few Kickstarter games still to come too.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1. Stasis

OK, it’s the only one I’ve played but it’s a quality game and there’s a good chance it might stay n° 1 for 2015 for me.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This thread has made me realise just how few games from this year that I’ve actually played which amount to: Shades of Black, Contradiction & part of the 1st chapter of Life is Strange (which I really must get back to!) - nice games which I’ve enjoyed (or as far as I’ve got) but not enough to choose favourites from the year without playing a few others I think!    Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

One game that i think really deserves some more attention from this very good year: fran bow. Unfortunately i think its lack of voice acting is going to keep it in obscurity… but it was a top notch game with a wonderfully weird world.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think it’s lack of voice acting was why it’s been kept obscure. I did notice it, but for me, it just didn’t look very appealing.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

AGs have always been popular someplace in the world, on some platform. I do so agree with this:

Tales from the Borderlands/Her Story.

Loved these two games big time!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m currently leaning towards something like this:

1. Until Dawn
2. Life is Strange
3. Read Only Memories
4. Broken Age
5. The Beginners Guide

I really wanted to give 4th spot to Armikrog as I cared more about that game than Broken Age but it’s hard to defend something so repetitive. Honourable mention to Her Story.

My least favourite adventure game of 2015 was, sadly, King’s Quest as great as it was to see Ken and Roberta centre stage.

There’s still some time though and I definitely want to play through Technobabylon and Dear Rapture. Anna’s Quest sounds good too.

For 2016: SpaceVenture, baby! I still believe!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

2015 was ridiculous in quality adventures. Hard to make a choice, my favorites without any special order:

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
Tales From the Borderlands
Life is Strange
Dead Synchronicity
Stasis
Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Until Dawn

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It will be interesting to see how “Tales of the Borderlands” does in the end of the year awards, it is on quite a few “best of the year” lists.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mostly looking forward to the the golden console pair - the number 3 of Zero Escape and Danganronpa.

nomadsoul - 25 November 2015 09:15 AM

KZ0 rest

What is happening with this one? Feels like forever ep3 was out

Edit: It is forever, Act 3 was out May 6… 2014

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 November 2015 12:09 PM

Mostly looking forward to the the golden console pair - the number 3 of Zero Escape and Danganronpa.

KZ0 rest

Yeah, its coming, twitter says.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I use to say AGs are dead, but 2015 was complete turnround.
Really hit the quality mark which i expect from AGs in current era…

Things looking good and like fighting genre coming back this gen, hope it sustains.

While cinematic fusion of ags mostly end up as a confusion which makes gameplay arcade than ever,i don’t see any fighting in genre but dissolving at best.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

nomadsoul - 27 November 2015 02:02 PM
wilco - 27 November 2015 12:09 PM

KZ0 rest

Yeah, its coming, twitter says.

I was looking forward to playing this, but they’re taking an insane amount of time to make them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top