• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stuck in Alum

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

crabapple - 25 June 2015 04:04 PM

Doesn’t seem to be working with eBot 3 attached to gate socket. I wonder if the solution is random. Either that or maybe there’s something else I have to do first. I tried from saves both before and after having him fire off the pod.

The problem is

as I mentioned previously in my post about wires puzzle, that there’s certain random element feel to it. None of the bulbs should be green before you activate your desired bots and turret has to be deactivated too. I found puzzle solution on the Steam forum. Here’s the correct layout:

http://i.imgur.com/678Uq9a.png

And you should definitely use save after firing the pod, as it will come handy later on.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

My problem was I kept using the eBot head on the TV instead of Dashu without the eBot head. The floor puzzle in Security Room was as lewuz said earlier—start with blue and don’t move to a color that’s too close in the spectrum to the one you’re on (blue to purple = trouble). Now I need to find the passcode for the security computer. Unfortunately couldn’t get the eBot to shoot the boss. Smile

Finished. Thanks for the help.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Sorry I’m late for the party.
Finished or still need the passcode?
I think it was the one you find in the launched pod and can reveal with the hint scribbled to the map by the rat-like man. Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

No I finished. Once I realized how to get access to the different e-bots I just tested them all, and saw one of them had access to the pod controls where I could input Ratboy’s code. Getting past the fight with Mr. Glym was much worse. Can’t say I cared for the ending.

Thanks for all your help, lucebend.
I don’t think I could have finished without help from you and lewuz.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-04

PM

Hey guys,

I just looked over some of the posts regarding the puzzles in the last chapter… It’s so interesting/fun to see peoples thought processes on certain puzzles/events in the game.

First I want to say thank you, for playing the game and for not getting entirely frustrated with us and quitting the game for making these confusing puzzles.

I just wanted to explain the logic behind these last few puzzles, so you don’t think they were just random crap that we came up with ‘out of the blue’:

[spoiler]For the floor panel puzzle (in the ‘security hall’), the next color panel you’re supposed to step on directly corresponds to the color of each next wire on the security panel in the e-bot manufacturing room (green, red, blue, yellow, purple, orange). So if the panel is purple, the next one you step on would be orange, ect.

The security panel works as such: Early in the chapter you find that if you disconnect the green wire from the gate ‘output’, it disconnects the power/current to the gate, which allows you through. This logic is set in place for the rest of ‘output’ sockets. Whatever you send in through the green wire, is going to get power (e.g. if you send the green wire to ‘ebot 1’ you get control of him.) I think it seems more confusing than it actually is because of all of the other connections that take place as a result of swapping wires.

Anyway, just some insight on the logic of those puzzles for anyone who might still be confused.

Thanks for playing, everyone.

cheers

- Luke

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top