• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2014

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Advie - 27 January 2015 10:41 PM

well this year is not the best witnessed, maybe the worst since many years; low number of releases and nothing really that could be called a gem expect for one or two at max!

but away from the Aggies categories which I can come to its expectations later on, I will only bring out the most that enjoyed through it/this year hotspots:

Blackwell Epiphany
The Journey Down: Chapter 2
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse Episode 2
Kentucky Route Zero: Act 3
Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality
Moebius: Empire Rising
Gabriel Knight Remake
Randal’s Monday
The Samaritan Paradox
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
The Golden Wake
1954: Alcatraz
The Dream Machine 5
The Silent Age
Shadowgate Remake
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (edited)

Edited/Added
Dreamfall Chapters - Episode 1
The Wolf Among Us
Tesla Effect
Talos Principle
Quest for Infamy
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Danganronpa 1 & 2
A Bird Story
Ossuary
Tengami
The Novelist
Carol Reed: Bosch’s Damnation
Detective Grimoire
J.U.L.I.A. among the Stars
Capri Connection

anything else?

- The Walking Dead: Season 2
- Murdered: Soul Suspect

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not a bad list of games really Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Being snubbed at the Aggies would be in very poor taste.

i do expect dangranronpa to get snubbed, and randal’s monday as well. And its probably simply because people deciding havnt played them.

I need to clarify this, in the past several PSP only adventure games were not nominated or even mentioned in the Aggies at all in any way.

Needless to say, based on the past some people should be concerned that Danganronpa 1 and 2 could recieve the same treatment.

I only want them to be mentioned as eligable games, nothing more. Who wins what will be decided fairly, that I am sure of.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jazzpunk

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

some random* choices for the next/this upcoming awards:

Best Story,  Blackwell Epiphany the last of the episodes cleared a lot of what was going on through the whole series to make it considered my best story of the year

Best Writing - Comedy,  Randal’s Monday ;many hilarious references for movies and other ags that make it strong enough to be my choice

Best Writing - Drama Best Character, Joe (The Silent Age) ; well designed average person tho it lacks details but something there with the game’s atmosphere just gave the feeling right.

Best Gameplay, Dreamfall Chapters  if this is the effect of TTG over the genre then I am okay with, but that is just an exception, so I will give my choice as to encourage those who are about to follow TTG to take Dreamfall Chapters into great consideration

Best Concept, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Best Setting,  The Dream Machine 5 (I love this game, it creeps me as any scary ,horror ag, tho its not considered a horror ag, but something about the setting freaks me out

Best Graphic Design,  Dreamfall Chapters - Episode 1 (no doubt)

Best Animation,  Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality (but of course, this is the bet looking adventure not just this year for many years to come

Best Music, Randal’s Monday nothing beat this game’s flat guitar recordings, all along the adventure

Best Voice Acting, Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality very touching, maybe not all characters, but some moments there the voice acting got me shaking as real movies and persons forgetting its just a game and some graphic designs

Best Sound Effects,  (can not decide)

Best Independent Adventure (Commercial),  The Silent Age

Best Console/Handheld Adventure (Exclusive),  The Silent Age

Best Non-Traditional Adventure,  ?

Best Traditional Adventure,  The Journey Down: Chapter2

Best Adventure of 2014, The Silent Age if we can consider a small indies ag good enough to take the title but if not I will go for Blackwell Epiphany

*I mean by random: not really studied results, or given the time needed to come up with such, more like looking at the list and following my intuition and the current state of my memory to decide which is the best for which(category) .

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

What an amazing year 2014 been,return of all times favourite characters like Tex,Gabe,Stobbart,Zöe all together was very special, while our beloved genre expanding spectrum alas some great titles left unnoticed by overwhelmed site and agamers.I tried to add as much as i can remember but i know there are lots of more released without notice so hope you can explore more of these hidden gems..

Monument Valley
The Fall
This War of Mine
Silence of the Sleep
Tales from the Borderlands Ep1
Lumino City
The Samaritan Paradox
Game of Thrones Ep1
Mind Path to Thalamus
The Old City Leviathan
Neverending Nightmare
A Golden Wake
Hadean Lands
Valiant Hearts
The Last Door
Among the Sleep
Ether One
FRACT OSC and many more.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 28 January 2015 04:45 AM

Asylum or The Last Crown will probably keep getting postponed for another 2-3-100 years,.

hehe nailed it

I cant understand why ppl point their finger toward SV delay, but when Asylum Management is a total disaster ppl are still hyped all the same, fu weird!

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 02 February 2015 12:50 AM

Asylum or The Last Crown will probably keep getting postponed for another 2-3-100 years,.

hehe nailed it

I cant understand why ppl point their finger toward SV delay, but when Asylum Management is a total disaster ppl are still hyped all the same, fu weird!

That’s a little harsh. I backed Asylum and I’m totally happy with the progression they continually make.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can someone tell me what SV in Advie’s post stands for?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It’s Space Venture, long awaited spiritual successor to Space Quest series.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 02 February 2015 10:07 AM
Advie - 02 February 2015 12:50 AM

hehe nailed it

That’s a little harsh. I backed Asylum and I’m totally happy with the progression they continually make.

Yes , progress is happening, they just released a playable version for backers.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oh yeah, Space Venture. Whatever happened to this game? Anyone who backed it knows?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 February 2015 01:25 AM

Oh yeah, Space Venture. Whatever happened to this game? Anyone who backed it knows?

they still post updates. Theyv said they plan to release it sometime in 2015.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Anyone having trouble voting in the Aggies Reader’s Poll? I seem to get an error when I submit. Using Chrome

This: “Fatal error: Call to a member function num_rows() on a non-object in /opt/adventuregamers/ee-internals/expressionengine/third_party/forms/act.forms.php on line 465 “

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 09 February 2015 02:26 PM

Anyone having trouble voting in the Aggies Reader’s Poll? I seem to get an error when I submit. Using Chrome

This: “Fatal error: Call to a member function num_rows() on a non-object in /opt/adventuregamers/ee-internals/expressionengine/third_party/forms/act.forms.php on line 465 “

I just voted using chrome and was just fine… Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top