• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

thejobloshow - 25 April 2016 09:21 PM

What we really need is cloud gaming where your console is essentially a streaming device. All your games, saves and mods would exist in some data centre. That would eliminate the need to upgrade consoles in the first place and games could also be set to the highest possible visual settings - there would be no limitations other than your Internet connection.

Then the data centers would be the ones stuck with having to upgrade their - literally thousands of - high-end processors to handle the amount of people playing.
They’d charge so much for this that it’s probably going to be cheaper to have your own local rig instead.

Just because it’s “in the cloud” doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on an actual computer.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

there would be no limitations other than your Internet connection.

That right there is a huge problem.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 26 April 2016 07:00 AM

there would be no limitations other than your Internet connection.

That right there is a huge problem.

Gigantic problem, psnow and shareplay could have worked and done wonders if that would be the case.
There is a reason why ps4 won with no internet PR.
Hardly games can get online multiplayer properly optimized let alone playing full games.
Morever Americas is still behind some 3rd world countries in internet BB connection speeds.
And did i mention PSN store slowdowns?
Putting in , off the shelf hardware for new rig or consoles is much easier than internet connection consistency.
Sfv cant even get smooth online as KI.

And Tim is spot on regarding maintenance costs.
M$ cloud network is beast but still , cloud gaming is a pipedream.

@soccerdude

Its necessary or not, i guess its too early.
Sony testing waters and considering consumer behavior nowadays that make them pay same for useless iphone iterations thus they can pay for their main hobby too.
Once them streamers community will adopt new ps4k, followers will too.
Sony has done their homework, its all impulse buying and consumerism nowadays.
Commencing indulgence.
3,2,1…..

On other hand maybe ps4 limitations will hamper VR stuff, but again how old model owners will fare?
Meh

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 26 April 2016 02:55 AM

What we really need is cloud gaming where your console is essentially a streaming device. All your games, saves and mods would exist in some data centre. That would eliminate the need to upgrade consoles in the first place and games could also be set to the highest possible visual settings - there would be no limitations other than your Internet connection.

Then the data centers would be the ones stuck with having to upgrade their - literally thousands of - high-end processors to handle the amount of people playing.
They’d charge so much for this that it’s probably going to be cheaper to have your own local rig instead.

Just because it’s “in the cloud” doesn’t mean that you’re not playing on an actual computer.

Streaming games might very well be the future of gaming. The technology is not ready for it yet, both in the form of server farms and internet connection speeds, but in something like 5-10 years then it might very well be a reality.

As for the price, then I don’t really see why it should be more expensive than maintaining your own rig, and buying the individual games. It would most likely be something like a monthly subscription fee, and/or based on micro-transactions to play individual games. I mean all you really have to do is look at music and movie streaming services like Spotify and Netflix, to get a good idea of what the future of gaming might look like.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Welp,

No Nx at e3, only zelda, which is delayed to, well 2017.

I was so right to sell wiiu, starfox is mediocre stuff too.

For lulz,

Will be only showcase at e3, and playble.

“...it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion.”

Seriously, Nintendoomed.
Pan

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nintendo just gave up on 2016 and is trying reboot with the NX in 2017. Might be too late.
I guess they are hoping this year the mobile games for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem will make them all the money (and probabaly will)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Does anyone here care about the NX? I got burned with the WiiU before, so it has to have a mega badass library of games for me to care again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 April 2016 01:04 PM

Does anyone here care about the NX? I got burned with the WiiU before, so it has to have a mega badass library of games for me to care again.

Wilco is hardcore fan, look how he mentioned Fireemblem with reverence.
Wink

True it needs library,
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1212369

I dont know how 5 months can add extra library, maybe he means Zelda polish lol.
They have to get Metroid, Zelda, platinum xclusive, Nmh3 and Bge2 to make me care, in first year of launch.
Rehashes wont work, heck they have atleast 4 wiiu rehashes in pipeline.

Again will love to see if nx will be GameCube,wiiu or Wii.
Can they afford another wiiu?
They need to recover goodwill.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hey, I’m no hardcore fan Smile (but last Fire Emblem already has almost 2 million sales without Europe, it will make a lot money in mobile Tongue )

Well, they do need a very strong library to rebound with the NX, or very strong hook like the Wii was able to rebound from the Gamecube.
If they announced BGE2 I would pre-order one tomorrow…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 27 April 2016 01:04 PM

Does anyone here care about the NX?

wilco - 27 April 2016 04:31 PM

If they announced BGE2 I would pre-order one tomorrow…

Bait some with Bge, others with Metroid, others with Platinum.
With base ninty losing for Mario.

Its always bait from ninty.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

cod MW trilogy remastered, Bioshock infinite Remastered

Guess the 2 more remasters above then see which you never guessed.

Any remaster left?

Vanquish, Mgr ?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mass Effect trilogy?

Bioshock has been talked about for a long time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Simply phenomenal art design.

This, Systemshock remake, SysShock3, Dishonored2.

Return of Irrationalgames.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

NiOH, first reaction = Samurai Souls,
2nd reaction after few hours, hmmm imbalanced souls ripoff.
After 1st boss, this is better than DS3.
After 2nd boss, this is better than DS2,3.

Combat is deep and dope.
Super hard, got 2nd boss down with coop help.
Great multiplayer.
Diablo lootsystem.
Stamina system from DS, stances from Wayofsamurai, setting like Onimusha, one hit kills like Bushidoblade, sword cutting feel like ninjagaiden.

KT Teamninja delivered again after crappy NG3.
Hayashi&co;. Needs no itagaki, Hayashi rocks.

Day1.

In other news Hitman 2nd ep is way better than ep1.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like new assassinscreed gameplay has been leaked,

Set in European goldenage, with Dishonored inspirations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top