• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough - Angelica Weaver

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had to stop last night (well, early this morning).  I finally found all the fabric pieces when I remembered to use the back arrow in the train.  My perfect “no hint” record was spoiled, however, when I accidently slipped and clicked on Angelica while looking for something low on the screen.  I yelled out, “NO!  DON’T SHOW ME! but the damage was done. Frown I didn’t mind the car emblem puzzle, but I did have a heck of a time finding the second piece of foil, which I had overlooked despite the fact that it was staring me in the face several times.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I enjoyed the fabric hunt. There were a lot of scenes to explore. It was a little reminiscent of a 1st person adventure.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m going to go with Izno’s suggestion that we take a 48-hour break to catch up on all the theory correspondence.

We’ll start up the playthrough again on Tuesday, September 2. Keep your hands of the train’s throttle until then.

I’ll see if I can post some new screenshots before then. Which will require playing the game yet again. To be honest, I think I have played this game, from start to finish, about eight times in order to keep things in order. Angelica Weaver was one of my favorite games, which is why I nominated it and am leading the playthrough. But when this is over, I doubt if I will play it again for a loooooong time Cry When we do the next playthrough I look forward to being a participant.

I will anxiously await comments when the game is complete. Particularly from those that are justifiably pursuing a storyline that includes Jack the Ripper.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I have enjoyed this section a lot, particularly my time spent in the junkyard. As far as theories go, I am back to vacillating and don’t quite know what to think. I am pretty sure her car was moved by the killer and that could be what brought her back to the present, although whether in spirit or body is anyone’s guess.

All of the puzzles were fun and I was disappointed I did not get to handle the crane/magnet thing myself.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I wanted to play with the crane more, too, Furgotten.

I finished the train section, and I did pull the throttle.  I couldn’t help myself!  It was a reward for finishing the light sequence puzzle (not one of my favorites), which I got through with (only!) four mistakes.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Fixed the wooden gate now and continuing right away since people are still ahead of me. Just putting some notes down.

I had the same “difficulties” as TimovieMan. Was actually stuck for a while before I got the whole coin puzzle started, and the crowbar eluded me for a good while.

The combination puzzle was obvious to me and the desk puzzle was pretty easy. I basically clicked a colored arrow once to figure out what was going on and then I solved it with a couple of clicks.

I also found it really creepy when Angela touched Mann, very surreal.

I think the man in the shoe shop window in the beginning was Pizer himself.

I am pretty much playing this thinking the past is a vision world and the current day murderer a copycat but keeping my mind open anyway for alternatives.

About the victims. I agree with this:

TimovieMan - 31 August 2014 11:54 AM

It would be a huge coincidence if all the London victims had descendants in present-day that were all living in the Chicago area, and that all those descendants had managed to have the same last names as well. Children tend to get the father’s last name, so the female London victims wouldn’t realistically even have any descendants with their last name…

I think it’s the name really, maybe something else too, but not likely a descendant thing.

I just have to add that now that Angela is back in Chicago, I find it kinda hilarious that she’s carrying around over a hundred year old salami.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 01 September 2014 04:17 AM

I just have to add that now that Angela is back in Chicago, I find it kinda hilarious that she’s carrying around over a hundred year old salami.

Hehe, didn’t think of that. Grin
Well spotted! Thumbs Up

Does that mean that we poisoned that dog with spoilt meat??? Tongue

I also have to admit that, like furgotten and Lady Kestrel, I too wanted to operate the crane myself instead of having it done for me…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

All caught up now. And I pulled the throttle, thought that was the whole point as we were supposed to start the train and stop there. Anyway, she only moved a bit and didn’t even leave the train so no harm done. I’m at the right spot.

The cars, the crane and the dog, very Full Throttle. Is that why you guys wanted to operate the crane so much? It was one of the toughest puzzles in Full Throttle. And I don’t really want to think about what that sausage will do the poor dog. Either it’s ancient or it has quantum leaped into now. Would have been an interesting scientific test for sure, though not very animal friendly.

Also had difficulties finding the tin foils, sheesh.

The fabric hunt was pretty good stuff for a pixel hunt type of thing, I usually do not enjoy those. I was starting to feel a bit of exhaustion when I was missing about 5 but then I found out that I missed one of those back arrow scenes and got the rest gathered up in a few seconds.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Completed this section now, and I have to say there are some things that mystify me a bit and that I don’t find to be plausible.

First of all, as others have mention, we suddenly come back to the real world in a totally different location and our car is also there, and yes I believe we are back in the real world now and not in a new vision.

I guess this could be explained by Angelica staggering about while she is in a trace, as I humorously suggested earlier, that Angelica have been driving around in her car in Chicago while being in a trance and causing countless accidents while doing so - Though I doubt that this is really the case.

A more likely explanation, as I believe someone else also suggested, is that [spoiler]the killer kidnapped her while she was in a trance, put her in the car, drove her to the new location, put her in the right spot and then simply waited for her to come out of trance before hurling the car at her. In fact the “gloved hand” we saw earlier might have been the killer grabbing Angelica in real life while she was in trance - In fact I believe this is the case - But why doesn’t Angelica comment on this???? If I went into a trance and came out of it again in a totally different place, and with a car racing towards me no less, I would have a few more things to say than just “The crash wasn’t meant to kill me” or whatever her actual words are, F****** M*****F***** would probably be some of those words among others of a similar nature, and they would all be in capital letters.[/spoiler]

Then there is [spoiler]The mysteries case of the hundred year old salami! or The vision that wanted to be a real salami![/spoiler], which Becky referred to long before we had actually found it. I guess this could be explained by the killer somehow keeping a tab on what Angelica did in her vision, or knowing in advance that the salami was a clue that she wouldn’t miss, had bought a similar salami, placed some hair on it and then placed it in her pocket while she was in her trance - But to be quite honest, I think I will just write this down to “game-logic”

Finally we have the whole train station section. That the killer could arrange the original crime scene, leaving a lot of trails for Angelica to follow, that is somewhat plausible. But for the killer to place all these items in what I can only assume is a busy train station, and in three (or was it two) different train carriages, that is not something that I find plausible!

I do wish that the game or Angelica wouldn’t be so casual about these things, but actually comment on them and offer some kind of explanation, even if they later turn out to be not 100% true.

Apart from this then I really haven’t got much to say, except that the puzzles didn’t give me much trouble and I actually liked the crane puzzle, but hated the “repeat this colour sequence”, the fabric hunt also wasn’t too bad and much to my surprise I managed to find all without using any hint, though I did use a hint or two earlier in the car impound.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is where the final segment begins.

Actually it began on the train station platform, but this is where things start to get interesting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Does that mean we get to go ahead and play until this screen???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 01 September 2014 04:18 PM

Does that mean we get to go ahead and play until this screen???

That would make for a very short segment!  Smile

This is where the final segment begins.

Fire up the train throttle. The train will stop at this screen’s station. You play from this point until the end of the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

When I first ran across this I found it quite creepy.

But that was when I was playing as Tim, both the first time I played the game and the first time I played the game for this playthrough. Since the first time I saw Tim on the mirror I’ve played the game using the names of all my current and past/passed cocker spaniels. I played as Lacey, Pistol, Cody, Magic, Tinker, Spook, and finally Bart. I’m glad I don’t have to play the game again. I’ve run out of pet names.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have to tell you that the use of the player’s name is even creepier and very cleverly done in the bonus section of the CE edition, which I just finished and will talk about later.  Let me just say that I think it was a worthwhile addition to the game, but I don’t want to spoil anything for those who will be playing it.

I ended up with 51 dreamcatchers, just one shy of the achievement award, but I found only 66 our of the 70 badges.  I suspect I missed some at the beginning.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I ended up with the using no hints trophy, but came up short for both dreamcatchers and badges.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top