• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Ace Attorney 6 (3DS). Longer write-up here, but in general:
*Love the new Spirit Channeling Vision system. A much better variation of the good old contradiction mechanic than the emotion thing of the previous game.
* Ambitious mystery plots too.
* Liked the overall story.
* But I do think the overall story might not be best suited for “AA6”. This game feels quite different from the other games in the main series. Much closer to the spin-offs in atmosphere and scale.
* The story is also heavily connected to plotlines of previous games, so I can’t recommend people starting the series with this game.
* Looks amazing, but I thought the music a bit underwhelming. There are some good tracks, but especially after last year’s Dai Gyakuten Saiban’s soundtrack, I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed.
* Enjoyed it overall, but I really can’t even start to guess what direction they’ll take in the next game.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

First Encounter Assault Recon - F.E.A.R. (PC)

Considering the name, I was expecting more supernatural/horror aspects rather than FPS. After finishing the game however, FPS is predominant with bits of supernatural themes. At times I felt a little on edge, but never felt that scared (I do have to confess that I played the majority of the game during the day). Game length felt about right. Story was OK except for the ending.

Pro
- Level design (multiple ways to approach an area)
- Graphics (explosions in slow mo look awesome)
- AI

Con
- Level variety
- Ending (very predictable)

7/10

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Izlimak - 25 June 2016 04:41 AM

- Ending (very predictable)

No kidding. I just looked up a synopsis for the game and called it less than halfway through. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

F.E.A.R - Perseus Mandate (PC)

F.E.A.R - Perseus Mandate is a side story to the main game, much like Halflife: Opposing Force. I found the production value to be noticeably less than the original and the level design not as good either. However, I did find myself enjoying the game as much as the original because the scares were a lot better and the combat is better too. It does take a while for the game to get moving, probably about a third of the way through. In terms on length, I found it to be about as long as the main game.

Pro
- Combat
- Scares

Con
- Story and ending
- Slow beginning

7/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Furi

Overhead intense bullethell shooter plus slasher , hypnotic 80s music, nomoreheroes style bossrush ...
Free on psn+
Story is meh

8/10

Va11hallA:Cyber Bartender

98% rating on steam
Great writing and moody music
Multiple scenarios based on your bartending skills
Some great characters
Another Goty AG contender
Must play

9/10

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

F.E.A.R - Extraction Point (PC)

F.E.A.R - Extraction Point is a continuation from the end of the main game. Extraction Point has the good points from the main game and the scares from the second (Perseus Mandate came out after this expansion). EP is the shortest and did not take long to finish. I would have rating this game the highest, however, the game crashed for me a few times (especially at the end of each stage), so quick save often. Again, combat is great, story, not such much.

Pro
- Level design and level quality is much better than Perseus Mandate.
- Combat
- Scares

Con
- Story and ending
- Crashes

7/10

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Replayed Tesla Effect still loving it despite it’s flaws.

Tesla Effect: Tex Murphy Adventure

Finished the game in 12 hours.

loved it for the most part.

It’s not perfect, but it’s perfect for me, flaws and all.

Slight niggles

* Sorry didn’t like the rooms with the backer pictures as, while there was some funny comments it pulled me out of the fiction of the game.
* The Tesla Society level just felt like a stream of classic puzzles for the sake of it. Every classic puzzle as put in the there apart from the tower of Hanoi. *Sheesh*
* The last puzzles’ timing requires the reflexes of the Flash. You are going to get complaints from older fans.
* Maybe overdid the find X number of items puzzles.

4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Implosion

Quality console like budget game on tablet.
Heavily influenced by Zoneofenders in art and story, while gameplay follows Diablo style rpg overhead hacknslash.
Decent VAs.

Surprised how controls work too. Getting some idea how Nx handheld could work without analog.

This could be ported to consoles and pc.

8/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

AssCreed Pirates

This is first Asscreed i liked.
Yes wilco i am shocked myself

Really good graphics for tablets.
Control ship, enjoy atmosphere, fight in cannon battles suited for tablet controls.
Get loot, customize ship, explore more and decent story to boot for tablet standards.
A great way to enjoy pirate life while you wait for Sea of thieves.

7.5/10

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 July 2016 04:55 PM

AssCreed Pirates

Mobile boat ship battles?

You have not played Black Flag Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 July 2016 06:58 PM

AssCreed Pirates

Controls of blackflag sucked and i quit it after first few battles and shark harpooning.
Then atrocius load times.

Is ps4 ver 60fps?
How are load times?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 July 2016 07:02 PM

AssCreed Pirates

Controls of blackflag sucked and i quit it after first few battles and shark harpooning.

Is ps4 ver 60fps?
How are load times?

It’s 30fps 1080p. A least it’s rock solid fps, not like Unity.
Not sure about the load times, don’t remember them being bad
Legendary Ship Battles are the real final bosses

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 July 2016 07:31 PM
nomadsoul - 08 July 2016 07:02 PM

AssCreed Pirates

Is ps4 ver 60fps?
How are load times?

It’s 30fps 1080p. A least it’s rock solid fps, not like Unity.
Not sure about the load times, don’t remember them being bad
Legendary Ship Battles are the real final bosses

Yeah, but i have to wade through atrocious on ground missions of eavesdropping nth time and clunky parkour or just plain sailing straight up.
I refuse to believe you can sandbox sea adv without shitty side missions on ground and upgrading boat and ship, its ubi game.

Thats why AssPirates win.
Direct action.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Swapper

Got it free on PSN at some point.

The swapper is a 2D puzzle game set on a space station. The basis premise is that you are an astronaut who has gadget called “The Swapper”. It allows you to make clones of youself and swap to them. You have up to 4 clones that move in synch with the one you control so you have to place them in particular places, swap until you get past obstacles, trip switches etc Coloured lights prevent you from doing things. Blue stops cloning, Red stops swapping, purple blocks both. The puzzles start off straight forward and introduces the new colours etc slowly.

Explore the station, find orbs to activate terminals and listen to the story which is a bit trippy.

It’s a game about identity where you sacrifice a lot of your own clones to solve puzzles. Are you still you or did part of your soul die with the clone?

It was a laid back game with creppy atmophere and some neat puzzles.

I enjoyed it a lot.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top