• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 28 July 2015 02:33 PM

The Polygon reviewers seems to complain mainly that the game has no fast travel and that at least Xbox version has a lot of loading times that break the game flow for as long as 20 seconds quite often. I was left with the feeling that had it had a fast travel option it would have been 10/10, as they seem to like the story, puzzles and the overall presentation.

They want no backtracking in any form basically, no wonder linear games with straight paths are total win for such people, the reviewers are fake gamers , can be expsed by reading comments in that review.
All one needs is good writing skills to be reviewer,Journalists or gamer nowadays. Grin

Edit:

Gameinformer 8/10

“So far, King’s Quest is remarkable in its ability to call back to the classic design of ‘90s point-and-click adventures without succumbing to as many pitfalls. The combination of wacky character interactions, goofy logic puzzles, and heartfelt story beats has me eager to see what’s in store in Chapter II. The team at The Odd Gentlemen has created one of the most endearing, true-to-form adventure games I’ve played in recent years”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the episode, I think it was brilliant. Not only does it look and sound great but it has consistent good writing and fair puzzles. The world to explore is a lot bigger than I thought it would be and full of great little details and funny moments - it’s fairy tale world coming to life like old Kings Quest games.
That dragon part from the beginning that everybody keeps criticizing really is just the beginning tutorial. Not that it’s a difficult game but it’s really far from the recent Telltale games that lot of people seem to be afraid.

And listening to Christopher Lloyd saying those multiple puns is worth the price of admission Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv got a ways to go still i think, but im ready to give a verdict that theyv got something good going here Smile
Really a nice variety of adventure mehcanics, nobody can deny its an adventure game.
And this thing is covered in quality. From voice acting, to music, to responses, and lots of little decisions that add (for example, it seems like an odd choice at first that the game has no opening or intro at all when you start, but it works.. it fits somehow.)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It looks like it’s both reviewing very well as well as selling decently, as it’s in the Steam top 10 sellers at the moment, which is a feat for an adventure game. From the looks of it Activision made a right bet for the re-opening of Sierra brand with KQ.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

Those last 21 years were worth the waiting, what an amazing new KQ game this is.
If they keep up to good work in late episodes this will surely end up in my top 3 KQ games, next to VII and V.
In my opinion it is mostly similar to VII, with it’s simplified UI, strong and humorous storytelling and lush environments

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

One good thing about the game is that it doens’t seem to suffer from being episodic, unlike other episodic games the game has pretty much a standalone story and it’s pretty big (Steam says 5h). It’s good because episode 2 might take a while if they are going to keep the same level of quality and length.

Also from reading the polygon review the xbone version seems to be problematic since the PC version has no noticeable loading times. The complaint about the backtracking is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

People seem to be liking it as well. At Steam out of 54 user reviews only one is negative.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 29 July 2015 12:06 PM

People seem to be liking it as well. At Steam out of 54 user reviews only one is negative.

And that one negative review hasnt played into the point where you reach the knight trials and the town…. when it actually opens up and feels a lot more like kings quest.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 29 July 2015 03:00 AM

It looks like it’s both reviewing very well as well as selling decently, as it’s in the Steam top 10 sellers at the moment, which is a feat for an adventure game. From the looks of it Activision made a right bet for the re-opening of Sierra brand with KQ.

Who would have thought Kotick gonna do justice to AGs, for all people.
I mean infamous Activision.
Now the question is, which franchise will be next and by whom?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i read good impressions all around, hope you are not being the ‘Quest’ attorneys.

‘What do you want from me God that i cant play it on release, hope i will in few days!! ‘

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 July 2015 01:03 PM

Who would have thought Kotick gonna do justice to AGs, for all people.
I mean infamous Activision.
Now the question is, which franchise will be next and by whom?

I think more titles will depend on the sales of this one. Even critical acclaim won’t matter if the game bombs. Also which teams present a new possible project.
Please new Space Quest

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

So…...
if all 5 episodes are as good and long as this one, id certainly say this could be one of my favorite KQ games. Its just so exceptionally charming and well crafted. The way you could do puzzles in different orders with the shops was very clever. The voice acting is top notch. The story feels robust and full of life. The exploration and multi-tasking is what i hoped for (after the prologue stuff).
I remember after seeing the first teaser, i had lots of doubts about whether this would be “real KQ”.. well it is. And in some ways i think its more KQ than KQ is… if that makes any sense Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zane - 30 July 2015 01:05 AM

I remember after seeing the first teaser, i had lots of doubts about whether this would be “real KQ”.. well it is.

A lot of people felt that way after that first teaser. Did I not tell you to give them the benefit of the doubt for as long as they kept calling it an adventure game and we hadn’t seen any gameplay vids? Cool Wink Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-30

PM

Absolutely thrilled to see the new one getting good reactions. I’ve been holding off for reactions and based on what ive seen in here, i think ill pick it up later

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

TimovieMan - 30 July 2015 01:41 AM
zane - 30 July 2015 01:05 AM

I remember after seeing the first teaser, i had lots of doubts about whether this would be “real KQ”.. well it is.

A lot of people felt that way after that first teaser. Did I not tell you to give them the benefit of the doubt for as long as they kept calling it an adventure game and we hadn’t seen any gameplay vids? Cool Wink Innocent

after the dev made those comments insisting it would have the elements I reserved my judgement :p
But they brought that one on themselves by releasing their first trailer jam packed with most of the qte in the episode :p

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top