• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Special Edition

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

A group of talented and determined fans of the most famous archeologist-adventurer in Hollywood is developing the remake of this gorgeous adventure game, now in deep development. It is just a demo (up to the three paths choice, I guess), but if Lucasfilm/Disney decides to license out they will develop the full game. There will be two versions: a ‘pure’ one and another one with some little changes. As far as can be seen from the screenshots the project looks very promising: HD graphics, 2.5D environment, reorchestrated music. The demo will be PC only, whereas the full game is expected to be multiplatform.

Demo’s completion date is set to December 2014, subject to change, but it won’t be a public release because developers intend to follow Disney’s Terms of Use and send it for review.

For more information view the following links:
- Their blog, where to read about the team members, steps e completion percentage (http://remakeofatlantis.blogspot.it/)
- The official Facebook page with updates from the staff, screenshots and other surprises (https://www.facebook.com/fateofatlantisSE?fref=ts)
- More screenshots from one of the developers’ blog (http://patrikspacek.blogspot.it/)
- Take a look at the teaser trailer (

) and the development video (

).

All of you who wish to see great Professor Henry ‘Indiana’ Jones, Jr. again should support this project. Let’s show Disney that we want this remake! Grin

Share and ‘Like’ on the official Facebook page!

This topic is also opened on Raven.TheRaider.net and on the Steam game community forum.

***Click here for Update 1***

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

tonywar93 - 14 September 2014 07:17 PM

There will be two versions: a ‘pure’ one and another one with some changes in the plot.

The plot of the original is already pitch perfect.  What could they possibly hope to add that wouldn’t feel forced or derivative?

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

Lambonius - 14 September 2014 07:45 PM

The plot of the original is already pitch perfect.  What could they possibly hope to add that wouldn’t feel forced or derivative?

I totally agree with you. I guess it’s about some little variation in the plot or in the events flow order. I wouldn’t worry, though, there will still be the purist version.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lambonius - 14 September 2014 07:45 PM

I tend to agree. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

I advise you to visit the links above to understand the developer’s plans and then judge Wink I’m pretty sure that these changes won’t affect the story that much. And again, they will release an untouched version anyway.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Disney/Lucasfilm does not have a history of doing this kind of licensing to teams without some kind of major name backing them up.  Tim Schafer is a special case given his history with Lucasarts, and should not be seen as an example of their willingness to jump on board these types of projects.  The two Monkey Island remakes were both developed internally.  This seems like kind of a pipe dream to me. Meh

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

If we show them that the fanbase is interested in a remake, some people ‘from the inside’ might get convinced and give out license. That is just a dream, but who knows. The developers haven’t sent them the demo yet, so when they will Disney/Lucasfilm could change their mind. After all it is time for relaunching the adventure game genre and the Indiana Jones franchise.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I loved this game… but, if they improve it, I wish they would put in a skip function for driving that submarine into that little cave.  Also, maybe a skip function for that hot air balloon. Those were killers!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

tonywar93 - 14 September 2014 08:17 PM

If we show them that the fanbase is interested in a remake, some people ‘from the inside’ might get convinced and give out license. That is just a dream, but who knows. The developers haven’t sent them the demo yet, so when they will Disney/Lucasfilm could change their mind. After all it is time for relaunching the adventure game genre and the Indiana Jones franchise.

Been there, done that, got the rejection letter.

Bt

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

I know it all seems (is?) impossible, but trying won’t cost anything, right? I contacted the team project and told me that any kind of help needed to ‘impress’ Disney is welcome and they would like to regroup all the fanbase on their Fb page. This way we grow in number and can think of something for convincing Disney. Maybe our number will do the thing. So press ‘Like’ on their Fb page (the link in the first post) and spread it to friends and other forums.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I mean it looks great but I fear it could be The Silver Lining v.2…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d buy this game - it would be so much fun. I hope it makes it out on multiple formats - I’d especially get an ipad version.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

I have important updates and clarifications from the developers:

1) As for the SE he said:
“I know that most of the players are afraid of changes to the game. So, we are creating 2in1 version, where players can choose which one they wanna play. Original or Special Edition. SE will have small addons to the story we were missing in original version, because they didnt have enough space on floppy disks to put it in. So, its like showing some events more in detail.”

So, in the SE they are going to add rooms and objects that were removed from the original release. For instance, none of you ever heard of Sophia’s Bedroom?

2) He also said that he contacted many people from the original team (among them, Hal Barwood in person) and they’re all excited about the project.

3)As for the licensing he said:
“We know, that Lucasfilm wont give us a license w/o a strong person behind us…so we will try pursuit high post people at Disney (directors, CEO, producers) and ask them about personal meeting and presentation. We cannot do that, till demo is finished.
We are also opened to move to Disney studio and make the game over there, we dont care. We are also opened to open a Disney branch in Georgia, so it always stays under Disney Interactive studios.
That should be describe on meetings.”

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

tonywar93 - 15 September 2014 08:50 AM

I have important updates and clarifications from the developers:

So, in the SE they are going to add rooms and objects that were removed from the original release. For instance, none of you ever heard of Sophia’s Bedroom?

I guess they hoped to locate her bedroom. But that office room may include a sofabed ;-)

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-05-13

PM

and a more updated version:

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

(Room to the right) I guess the bed isn’t made yet.  Gasp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top