• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Obduction Coming … Is Anyone Excited? 

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks Wilco! I immediately checked my email and there was a message from Cyan that they would send my key later today. Huh???

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 24 August 2016 10:20 AM

Thanks Wilco! I immediately checked my email and there was a message from Cyan that they would send my key later today. Huh???

Saw that mail,  Meh  don’t know why it keeps happening in adventure kickstarters, why don’t they just send the keys to backers a week earlier so it’s possible to download when the game is released?...

Anyway,according to the comments in the kickstarter page, codes are being sent any time now…

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Got my key, installing now.. Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Launch trailer with some small spoilers.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Still waiting for my key… However, I was planning on waiting a couple of weeks until the worst bugs get ironed out, so I don’t really mind.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My key arrived, I didn’t know we would get a Steam and gog key, nice.
I actually wasn’t planning on playing this now but the reviews got me curious so I’ll put the rest on hold for this.

Edit: Strange error and the Steam version is not installing. Seems like a problem with backers copies.

At least gog version seems to be installing fine

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 August 2016 11:31 AM

Still waiting for my key… However, I was planning on waiting a couple of weeks until the worst bugs get ironed out, so I don’t really mind.

Yep, seems like the smart move. Besides the Steam installation bug (still happening) for a lot of backers there’s also a weird bug described here. It happened for me, the game got stuck in the loading screen.
The fix described in the forum worked but come on…

Found a fix friends.

Change the games language, quit, start a new game, change the language back to english.

Works. Can play now.

Weirdest bug in the history of things that make little sense.

Also having a lot of audio glitches…

Edit: The Steam download error can be fixed by setting the download server to US - Seattle.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Downloading now… 1% takes over 2 minutes. I won’t be playing Obduction tonight. Frown

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Played around half an hour of Obduction. Or rather walked around in the game world for that amount of time, just watching stuff. No idea what/who/where/when I am or what I’m supposed to do. But first impression is that I may be in for a very special experience. No surprise since My favorite game of all time is Riven.

I have every graphical setting on high (highest is “epic”) and it’s relatively smooth. Pretty new computer but not really high end. Controls well with a game pad, although it does not seem to work in the menus.

I’m thrilled!:)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve played it for about 3-4 hours now, pleased that after those bugs at the beginning the game has been running very smoothly so far, not any more problems.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have just read the minimum system requirements :
so those (like me) with 6 GB RAM Memory must forget about it, right? Frown

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 24 August 2016 06:23 PM

i have just read the minimum system requirements :
so those (like me) with 6 GB RAM Memory must forget about it, right? Frown

That will make two of us. I meet some of the requirements, but fall woefully short in others. I would have liked to play it, but I’m not going to spend $1K US in hardware upgrades to do it. Maybe I’ll play it when I get my next computer. (Which may be never, because I despise Win10.)

Edit: I could actually buy a new PC for less than the cost of upgrading my current PC to the level that would allow me to play this game. But that is still an idiot equation. Do I want to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 US to enable me to play this game. NO!!!

I admire all of you that have the equipment to make this “buggy” game work. But I doubt that it makes MS Office run any faster. Have the Millers designed themselves into a corner? I thought the same thing of Sierra way back when.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 24 August 2016 12:58 PM

Besides the Steam installation bug (still happening) for a lot of backers there’s also a weird bug described here. It happened for me, the game got stuck in the loading screen.
The fix described in the forum worked but come on…

I chose GOG, no installation problems, but I did encounter the loading screen bug. Great that there are always smart people around, it would never have occurred to me to change the language. 

Played for half an hour or so. I know what to do turn the power on but haven’t found a way yet. So far I like what I see.  Cool

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

When I restarted the game to play some more, I got the loading screen bug again. Worse, this time I was stuck, no possibility to change the language again. Escape did nothing, had to use the task manager.

Grrrrr…. too many weird bugs, Cyan.

EDIT: Changed the language once, clicked resume, loading, changed language again. That did the trick.

EDIT2: I managed to turn the power on, wasn’t hard. But the next assignment… Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

[sigh] I have to wait for the Mac version to be released.  I hope it’ll be soon.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top