• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Age Act 2 Discussion

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I think that there was a project name that got muted at some point in the latest episode, so they seem to have at least one unannounced thing under their belt.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

When is the official release date? tuesday? And are backers getting any early access to it?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 24 April 2015 12:50 PM

When is the official release date? tuesday? And are backers getting any early access to it?

Release for backers:

We’re working with Humble and Steam to get codes out at 12:01 am Eastern on Monday April 27th, 24 hours in advance of the public release.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 24 April 2015 12:54 PM

Release for backers:

We’re working with Humble and Steam to get codes out at 12:01 am Eastern on Monday April 27th, 24 hours in advance of the public release.

oh hm, thats cool i guess. Not sure how theyr going to manage that with everyone already having it in their steam libraries.
And it would be way cooler if it was out for the weekend Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Once this is released, I’m tempted to get the game.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

zane - 24 April 2015 01:00 PM

oh hm, thats cool i guess. Not sure how theyr going to manage that with everyone already having it in their steam libraries.

I guess they could do it by offering a short time DLC code to the backers and then just flip the full release switch on the release day.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 24 April 2015 01:44 PM
zane - 24 April 2015 01:00 PM

I guess they could do it by offering a short time DLC code to the backers and then just flip the full release switch on the release day.

Yeah, that seems like perhaps the only way to push the update to ONLY backers and make everyone else wait another day.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So, they’ve released it for the backers. Not as an DLC, but as an backer exclusive beta update, which you activate with a beta code. Downloading it now.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Well, the game is finally OUT (for bakers).
But only the Steam version. Guess I’ll wait for the proper Steam/DRM-free one.

Still, congratulations to Tim and his team! They went a long and hard way.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2003-09-14

PM

Reviews are coming out now as well, and so far positive:

*WARNING: SOME CONTAIN SPOILERS OF ACT 1!!!!*

IGN - 9.0
Game Informer - 9.25
Push Square (Playstation 4 version) - 8/10
Gamer Headlines - 9/10
Shack News - 7

Looks like a few are complaining about some difficult puzzles. Here is an article by Wired:
http://www.wired.com/2015/04/broken-age-act-2-puzzles/

So that should make a lot of people here happy. Smile

I’m a backer, but need to wait a few days to play it. Really looking forward to this!

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

tomimt - 27 April 2015 02:49 AM

So, they’ve released it for the backers. Not as an DLC, but as an backer exclusive beta update, which you activate with a beta code. Downloading it now.

There was a download link for the DRM-free version of the game on the bottom of my humble-bundle page.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

RPS hated it, and PC Gamer gave it a mildly positive score based on the first part alone; being very critical of part two.

Keen to see how it stacks up to the excellent BoUT2.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

RPS and PC Gamer being so negative on part 2 doesn’t bode very well but RPS does seem to be excessively critical of most adventures now.

IGN and Gameinformer reviews are hard to take seriously, hype-based press that almost never review traditional adventures and are just giving press to this one because it’s Double Fine…

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 27 April 2015 07:46 AM

RPS and PC Gamer being so negative on part 2 doesn’t bode very well but RPS does seem to be excessively critical of most adventures now.

Read my comment at your own risk. No spoilers, just disappointment.

I needed a break from BA part two, so I read those reviews just now. I seldom agree with John Walker and Richard Cobbett, and of course I should reserve judgment till I’ve finished the game, but IMO their negative opinion is at the very least somewhat justified.  Frown I think I understand now why Tim Schafer urged us to replay the first part, but I’m pissed at the reason why and at the same time glad I didn’t follow his advice. Revisiting the old locations and talking to the same people is also a letdown for me.

PS: AG’s review is glowing.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 27 April 2015 09:29 AM

Read my comment at your own risk. No spoilers, just disappointment.

I needed a break from BA part two, so I read those reviews just now. I seldom agree with John Walker and Richard Cobbett, and of course I should reserve judgment till I’ve finished the game, but IMO their negative opinion is at the very least somewhat justified.  Frown I think I understand now why Tim Schafer urged us to replay the first part, but I’m pissed at the reason why and at the same time glad I didn’t follow his advice. Revisiting the old locations and talking to the same people is also a letdown for me.

PS: AG’s review is glowing.

That’s what I afraid off from reading the reviews. I guess I’ll maintain my decision to play it at another time, from the start and when my grumpiness is gone Neutral

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top