• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

England never disappoints, whether its Cricket or Soccer.
Won the bet.
Loss the bet on Italy’s match.
Wish Spain had won.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

diego - 28 June 2016 06:30 AM
wilco - 27 June 2016 04:50 PM

Let the Brexit puns begin!

How about:

Sigthorsson
Sigurdsson
Hodgson

Grin

Sad Roy

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Abnaxus - 28 June 2016 06:54 AM

Sad Roy

Looks like a minor stroke. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Abnaxus - 28 June 2016 06:54 AM
diego - 28 June 2016 06:30 AM
wilco - 27 June 2016 04:50 PM

Let the Brexit puns begin!

How about:

Sigthorsson
Sigurdsson
Hodgson

Grin

Sad Roy

Thinking Roy

I wonder if Mourinho is going to sideline/sell Rooney, he seems so slow these days.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I can really see only one solution for England national team - reduce number of foreign players in the Premier League, and let domestic players build confidence from early days of their career. You’ll never see in German or Spanish league 11 foreign players starting the match, like it happened in the Premier League. Change of a coach is a minor change, they need drastic measures if they want to play another semifinal or final. But I guess money is more important here.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 28 June 2016 07:29 AM

I can really see only one solution for England national team - reduce number of foreign players in the Premier League, and let domestic players build confidence from early days of their career.

This is going to be a result of the Brexit anyway.

Actually, I’m pretty sure that if England had used a 4-4-2 tactics with Kane and Vardy up front and Sturridge right behind them, they’d be a lot better off. Naturally, tactics like that leave no room for Rooney.
And God knows why Hodgson thought it necessary to sub Dier at half-time? He’s been their most consistent player this tournament, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

A comment from Reddit:

“I miss the glory days when we were getting beat from Portugal and Germany” Grin

another good one:

“Jesus Christ I just can’t get used to that Icelandic chant/warcry, it’s fuckin terrifying. Like, I can see Viking longships before my mind’s eye bearing down upon the coast to pillage the lands, rape the womenfolk, and replace the 3rd person plural personal pronouns.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This one made me LOL:

“England needs to sub on Nigel Farage, by far the best Right winger in England.”

Fun fact:

Iceland has just over 330K inhabitants.
The English city with the closest number of inhabitants to Iceland is… Leicester. Cool

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Channeling that Epic Viking spirit

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Wilco, you are up tonight.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My bet is on CR7 team.

Wilco lets do this!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

CR7 vs Lewandowski, may the best goalscorer win. Smile

Wilco, see you in the semis! Thumbs Up Grin

Edit: just checked my prediction.

Called 12 of the 16 teams that advanced to the knockout stages. Called 6 of the 8 quarterfinalists (including Poland and Iceland). Cool

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nervous for today! Poland has been very solid in the the defense and we have not been dealing very well with that and of course Lewandowski, despite not been a big scorer so far he can wreck defenses.
Probably won’t be a very pretty game, hoping for a win.

Portugal-Belgium in the semi-final would be fun Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Seriously missing Zlatan the bad boy in finals, his kungfu kicks didnt work this time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

1-1
Bets are high

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top