• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Story

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 05:54 AM

[spoiler]People with MPD can trick lie detector, they just swap their identity at that moment.

[spoiler]So what was this about? Yes. My name is Hannah Smith. Oh shit! Sorry. [/spoiler]

you cannot be illusive for people around you no matter what in your childhood, if you are two separate entities or twins, Detectives can alwsys find a clue, so that actually builds a context to know her story as that could have never happened, a scenario that any detective can retrack

It’s equally hard to have a split personality that nobody ever notices. Am I to believe that Hannah/Eve lived with a husband and had a job at a school, but she also lived on her own in an apartment, had a tattoo to celebrate her individuality, sang in a club at night, and had an affair with her own husband? Busy girl. Should be easy to check for the detectives as well.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Hence, plenty room for a sequel Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 05 July 2015 06:15 AM
nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 05:54 AM

[spoiler]People with MPD can trick lie detector, they just swap their identity at that moment.

[spoiler]So what was this about? Yes. My name is Hannah Smith. Oh shit! Sorry. [/spoiler]

you cannot be illusive for people around you no matter what in your childhood, if you are two separate entities or twins, Detectives can alwsys find a clue, so that actually builds a context to know her story as that could have never happened, a scenario that any detective can retrack

It’s equally hard to have a split personality that nobody ever notices. Am I to believe that Hannah/Eve lived with a husband and had a job at a school, but she also lived on her own in an apartment, had a tattoo to celebrate her individuality, sang in a club at night, and had an affair with her own husband? Busy girl. Should be easy to check for the detectives as well.

In MPD case it would be a decent pretext to have her interrogated, which is her version to dupe Investigtors with alibi and Her story, which we see throughout could be stright out lie and what you mentioned. She could have hoodwinked husband and people around her like Fight club (two people), busy girl perhaps , psychos enjoy mind games , news @ 11. Also Tattoo can be made easily at same spot,we dont know if its real tattoo, furthermore you dont see her other version without sleeves. That notion is debunked already, iirc.

If i were to believe the twins angle, then its worst story ever with inspirtions from made to TV thrillers or Detective doesnt know his job and never bothered to visit his town and ask if they saw two girls at the same time ever

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah there should be another great game like this. Cool  With a better story, not a sequel. 

nomadsoul, you do see Hannah in short sleeves! The first interview is Eve in dark blue long sleeves, second one is Hannah in a blue blouse with bare arms. Third is Eve in red with long sleeves. Fourth is Hannah in blue/white blouse with short sleeves. Five is Eve with tattoo visible after she spills her coffee or tea on her white long-sleeved blouse. Six is Hannah in dark blue long sleeves. Seven is Eve in white, dressed the same as in five. Agreed? Or did you identify them differently?

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 06:36 AM

If i were to believe the twins angle, then its worst story ever with inspirtions from made to TV thrillers or Detective doesnt know his job and never bothered to visit his town and ask if they saw two girls at the same time ever

We don’t know what the police did or did not do. And we have no clue what happened after the last interview. Maybe the did investigate, cause they came up with the question about “twins” in interview six. Plus Eve wore a blonde wig.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

People going bonkers over the game, should try this culthit, for starters.
I expected the degree of twists and complexity of this film, but anyway.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 06:53 AM

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2NDcwMjI4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0OTgyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I cannot see your image.

People going bonkers over the game, should try this culthit, for starters.
I expected the degree of twists and complexity of this film, but anyway.

In the end I didn’t care much for the idiotic story, which was made ambiguous on purpose (IMO), but I loved the gameplay.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 05 July 2015 06:50 AM

Yeah there should be another great game like this. Cool  With a better story, not a sequel. 

nomadsoul, you do see Hannah in short sleeves! The first interview is Eve in dark blue long sleeves, second one is Hannah in a blue blouse with bare arms. Third is Eve in red with long sleeves. Fourth is Hannah in blue/white blouse with short sleeves. Five is Eve with tattoo visible after she spills her coffee or tea on her white long-sleeved blouse. Six is Hannah in dark blue long sleeves. Seven is Eve in white, dressed the same as in five. Agreed? Or did you identify them differently?

Havent you seen films where actors get tattoeed exactly same during their shoot lasting for months with different projects in between.
Tenous evidence.

You said MPD are as easy to catch, watch BatesMotel. Morever when she started her stories like Rapunzel, confinement in attic like Rapunzel, basically fixation on fairytales adding up with her gestures in those videos, thats dead giveaway of her mental condition. She is making all the stuff, scraps of make believe that never existed, a whole universe of fantasy in thick skull of hers. Wake up.

Ring any bells?
Wink

Edit:

Fixed my image post.
Its Korean movie, Tale of Two Sisters, as usual Hollywood ripped it off with their version which you should avoid.  Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 07:04 AM

Havent you seen films where actors get tattoeed exactly same during their shoot lasting for months with different projects in between.

So? You’d think the police would take the trouble to check if the tattoo is fake. They only started talking about twins AFTER they noticed the tattoo. 

You said MPD are as easy to catch, watch BatesMotel. Morever when she started her stories like Rapunzel, confinement in attic like Rapunzel, basically fixation on fairytales adding up with her gestures in those videos, thats dead giveaway of her mental condition. She is making all the stuff, scraps of make believe that never existed, a whole universe of fantasy in thick skull of hers.

MPD = one person, which is just as easy to CHECK as two persons. For instance, Hannah was pregnant, miscarriage, said to be infertile. Medical examination, presto. 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fixed my image post.
Its Korean movie, Tale of Two Sisters, as usual Hollywood ripped it off with their version which you should avoid.  Grin

Actually, I didn’t think The Uninvited was that bad as a standalone movie, in fact I found it to be pretty decent. It just can’t take the comparison to the WAY more disturbing Korean film.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wait a minute, didn’t Eve have a alibi for being in a hospital in other town (Sessex?) after the accident at the time of the murder? Doesn’t that make it impossible for being only one person?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 05 July 2015 07:18 AM

So? You’d think the police would take the trouble to check if the tattoo is fake. They only started talking about twins AFTER they noticed the tattoo. 

You said MPD are as easy to catch, watch BatesMotel. Morever when she started her stories like Rapunzel, confinement in attic like Rapunzel, basically fixation on fairytales adding up with her gestures in those videos, thats dead giveaway of her mental condition. She is making all the stuff, scraps of make believe that never existed, a whole universe of fantasy in thick skull of hers.

MPD = one person, which is just as easy to CHECK as two persons. For instance, Hannah was pregnant, miscarriage, said to be infertile. Medical examination, presto. 

One of her says you cannot catch her she doesnt exist, legally as without ID OR as figment of imagination, now tests could be done with private doctors with norecords, esp when other person is missing in final events. And at the time of interrogation you cant ask for medical exam, no direct mention. Even the polygraph stuff was asked with permission.
In other words no legal barriers, physical evidence of two people are easy to figure here against legal hurdle with a person projecting multiple person

The whole problem with the format is canned replies in database, and totally passive involvement, you cant ask directly, and figure out the culprit, hence the discussion and idea of whodunit fails, as its a walk on linear path with borders we cant see, as we are not interrogating like LANoire to pry people open.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The whole problem is that the developer intentionally made the story as ambiguous as possible. There is no “truth” to be discovered. Both interpretations are implausable.  But like I said, I prefer twins to MPD, so I look for pros and contras. You haven’t convinced me at all.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 05 July 2015 07:54 AM

Wait a minute, didn’t Eve have a alibi for being in a hospital in other town (Sessex?) after the accident at the time of the murder? Doesn’t that make it impossible for being only one person?

as mentioned before: because she admits to tampering with the watch, the time of death isnt definite. I still would say its twins though.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 05 July 2015 10:00 AM

The whole problem is that the developer intentionally made the story as ambiguous as possible. There is no “truth” to be discovered. Both interpretations are implausable.  But like I said, I prefer twins to MPD, so I look for pros and contras. You haven’t convinced me at all.

I am coming from Killer7 type games, i wasnt convincing nobody.
Just discussing my pov.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 05 July 2015 10:51 AM
wilco - 05 July 2015 07:54 AM

as mentioned before: because she admits to tampering with the watch, the time of death isnt definite. I still would say its twins though.

Ah, thanks, missed that.
All done to be purposely open and ambiguous I see. A bit unfair sice if we add access to anything from the investigation (even the detectives questions) or anything that Sarah is thinking it would be easily solved.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top