• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pathologic

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Recently, I started replaying my favorite game of all time, Pathologic. And since Ice Pick Lodge is curently working on a remake, there’s no better time to actually talk about it.

I actually wrote about this game on a long lost Horror Gaming Thread. And even as I played this game before (twice), I’m still discovering new layers of the story and gameplay.

Also, you should definately back the remake.

http://pathologic-game.com/

So, what’s yours opinion on the game?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Pathologic is one of those crazy games, a diamond in the rough, full of beautiful and revolutionary ideas but inevitably filled with bugs and totally not user-friendly. Lets hope the remake will make it easier to play because the atmosphere and the story are one of a kind.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

I’m one of their kickstarter-members for the remake and I adored the game when I played it as a kid. The translation was awful and I was quite young back then so I didn’t understand much… But that tower in the middle of the square reaching up to the sky up to nowhere has made such a lasting impression on me. Even to this day it’s one of the most powerful memories I have gotten from a game.

I also adore their game The Void, even though them themselves seem to not like it as much as they like Pathologic, heh.

Can’t wait for the remake!!

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve tried to play Pathologic twice. Both times I threw my hands in the air after which I prompty placed my fingers back on my keyboard and mouce in order to delete the game. The idea of it sounded much better than the execution of the game was, so here’s hoping the remake manages to actually make something out of it.

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I also tried to play it without much success.  Tough game to get into.  Graphic style was cool, but the game play was very unforgiving and the goals were obtuse.  Translation of any dialogue was so poor.  I hope the remake gives the game a fresh chance to succeed.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Pathologic was endearingly odd and fabulously surreal. It had an unforgiving, ticking-down clock. Dialogs appeared to have been written by throwing darts at words on a dartboard. I had come up with a theory as to what was really going on with the story and one of the characters. But no way I was ever going to be fast enough to finish the game. I had to wave good-by, never to know…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Remake pics, nailing the feel and art

https://imgur.com/a/3J7X5

Delayed to fall 2017

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Here’s hoping that a bit more modern engine will help them to achieve what they tried with the original game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top