• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playing Legend Entertainment library

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 May 2016 06:55 AM

If you’re feeling brave (and your computer is fast enough), there’s always this:
http://dosbox95.darktraveler.com/

Thanks for that link.
The Windows95/98-on-DOSBox links I knew about before were at vogons:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=44089

However those are all forum posts and the instructions in your link seem easier to follow.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, I was stuck for a bit looking for a patient in the computer and decided to try John Saul:

Nice easter egg

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Try Bob Bates, one of the Legend guys. Who gave us TimeQuest. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 27 May 2016 08:11 PM

Try Bob Bates, one of the Legend guys. Who gave us TimeQuest. Smile

Eheh, Good one

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished Blackstone Chronicles. I think the ending was a bit rushed and actually ended on a good note, I was not expecting that at all after all the macabre stuff.
It did get very dark, specially the part where you read about Abe’s treatment journal of various surgeries removing organs because he dressed like a girl, and then you find out he is just a small boy, and then you find out it was his mother that wanted a girl… That one hit hard…

I was disappointed he didn’t get to explore the men’s ward.

The puzzles were typical Legend good, the only one I felt it was a bit unfair was getting the key in the rhino head… The clue was getting a cold and after that the reference that you can get a cold from a rhinovirus….
It has timed sequences but like the review says they very well handed and don’t get frustrating.

And that concludes the Legend adventures playthrough (don’t feel like playing a strategy or FPS game right now). It would be very hard to rank the games, it’s an amazing catalogue of very diverse adventures that keeps the high stardarts through most of the games. I would say my favorite was Death Gate but I would recommend anyone to play through all of them (well. maybe not all Spellcasting games). Thanks for joining in and for all the comments and tips.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It was interesting and fun. 
So, what’s your next project going to be?  Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 28 May 2016 05:50 PM

So, what’s your next project going to be?  Cool

I’ve got a couple of ideas but not sure. Any recommendation?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I think you should put your newly installed win98 to good use. Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That was one of the ideas. What games should I look into?

Black Dahlia
Dark Eye
Faust

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 29 May 2016 07:05 AM

That was one of the ideas. What games should I look into?

Totally up to you. Tongue

Black Dahlia

Good game, although I suspect I wouldn’t like it today as much as when I first played it. The standalone puzzles are criminal (I used the official cheat codes for many of them), the other puzzles are fine.

Dark Eye

Great game. No puzzles. If you choose this one, I’ll try to play along with you.

Faust

I joined Kurufinwe’s community playthrough but had to give up. A fatal bug in the first chapter. Something to do with a pair of shoes that either disappeared or refused to disappear. Nobody else encountered this idiotic bug. I’d still like to finish the game, but I have no idea how.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

If you try Faust, there’s a nasty problem with the DVD version (wrong audio in the ending cutscenes). See here for the fix:
http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220381#post220381

(I’ve been wanting to play Black Dahlia forever; I might give it a try if you do.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The first step will be to actually get the games so I’ll probably try the ones I get first.

Another plan, but for the vacation time, is to play Infocom text adventures but they are so many… I’m trying to come up with a “best of” list but there are so many opinions

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Then what is the reason you picked those three games if you don’t own them yet?

Infocom’s best according to Karlok:
Trinity - Wishbringer - Lurking Horror - AMFV - Journey - Border Zone - Deadline

EDIT: If you pick Black Dahlia, I will enjoy watching Kurufinwe and you struggle with the insane standalone puzzles. Smile And I’ll be happy to find the cheat codes for you. Fortunately, I’m not masochistic enough to replay it.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Karlok - 29 May 2016 08:29 AM

EDIT: If you pick Black Dahlia, I will enjoy watching Kurufinwe and you struggle with the insane standalone puzzles. Smile And I’ll be happy to find the cheat codes for you. Fortunately, I’m not masochistic enough to replay it.

If Wilco does go for Black Dahlia I may dig out my Win 95 box and play along. It will be interesting to see what I think of it after all these years. And not to worry about the cheat codes Karlok. I do still have them and need the ones for the folding and runes puzzles

Life is what it is.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 29 May 2016 08:59 AM

If Wilco does go for Black Dahlia I may dig out my Win 95 box and play along. It will be interesting to see what I think of it after all these years.

Smile

And not to worry about the cheat codes Karlok. I do still have them

I bet 95% of all BD players worldwide have used them.

and need the ones for the folding and runes puzzles

Oh, the runes! the runes! A nightmare.

Wilco and Kurufinwe, don’t let me put you off your nice Bladk Dahlia. It’s a good game. Long too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top