• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabrielwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Rhem 4 SE Support on Steam Greenlight

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2003-09-23

PM

I received an email from Knut Muller announcing a ‘special edition’ of Rhem 4. He is looking for support on Steam Greenlight. It includes a new area and several new puzzles. Apparently, Knut is hoping that this will bring in some new income to support the completion of Rhem 5.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=472943524

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A new area and new puzzles?  Tongue I’m in.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Wow! the first page of the adventure forum has mention of 2 new first person puzzlers. Haven’t seen that in a while.
Great news.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-07-07

PM

I spoke to Knut Mueller, the man behind the Rhem series, yesterday. There will be a new area with new puzzles in the Steam Edition of Rhem IV. But whats more important in my eyes is that once Rhem IV is up on Steam, he can start working on Rhem V. So, there is hope many more adventure fans will give him a thumbs up on Steam Greenlight. Here is the link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=472943524

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I was on Knut’s homepage and saw that the Rhem 4 SE page contained this passage:

Dear friend,
If you have visited here at RHEM IV before, you will notice a few changes. Two new areas with secured entrances have been discovered. For the successful conclusion of this extended Rhem IV World; not only will you have to find the nine golden fragments but you must obtain an item that will gain access to RHEM V.

Rhem IV - The Golden Fragments - Special Edition (RHEM IV SE) expands the huge world of RHEM IV by two new unseen areas with many new puzzles and challenges. The additional goal is to find one quarter of a medaillion that you may need in the exploration of the upcoming RHEM V!

To me this is confirmation that Rhem 5 will be made. Fantastic!

Has anyone played the SE yet? What are the new puzzles like? Worth $10 for someone who already has the original?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

From his homepage it looks like Knut isn’t working on RHEM V but instead a SE version of RHEM I.

Disappointing - I hope he isn’t going to do that with the whole series. Updated versions are nice, but not at the expense of a new sequel.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

It’s not at the expense of Rhem 5 but part of the Rhem 5 layout as I understand it. In Rhem 5 all the Rhems will be connected as one big completed area (game). To me it is a very interesting idea.
So I guess we have to wait for 5 as all the previous Rhems will get this modernization treatment. At least this is how I interpret it.
You can read about it at Steam Rhem discussions.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Never liked RHEM.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Good for you then. Don’t have to wait.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There was a thread a month or two ago that was a basic list of very popular games that a few people disliked. I don’t remember RHEM being on that list, but perhaps it should have been. But the bottom line is that just about everybody has a game that received popular support, but they hate. MYST may be the most despised. TLJ may be the most controversial. I liked the first, but didn’t care for the second. So I wouldn’t take my dislike of RHEM, (never made it to the halfway point of the first game,) as having any merit one way or the other. Was just a statement of fact. You are correct though, I will not be hovering over my non-existent Steam account waiting to be the first to play the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Rhem isn’t a popular game, by any means. I would guess that if you made a poll, you would get more dislikes than likes.

I say that because it has no story or dialogues - two of the most beloved things around here. Rhem isn’t for everyone but it does two things incredibly well: challenging but fair puzzles, and excellent navigation.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Very excited to hear about Knut M working on remakes of sorts of the RHEM games (and on a fifth part). I have so far only finished the first two, but both are on my top 20 list for sure. Especially the second one is a fantastic game. And even though the technically/graphically somewhat underwhelming feel of the RHEM:s are part of the, well, feel of the games, it would be interesting to see what they can be in a more modern shape and form.

Must play the existing III and IV soon! Been ages since I finished the second one. But these games demand a special mood to take on.Smile

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I just visited Knut’s homepage and it looks like RHEM I Special Edition has come out, featuring higher resolution (yay!) and more puzzles (yay!).

If you haven’t discovered the series, this is the perfect opportunity to begin your journey.

Demo available:
http://rhem-game.com/en/rhem1se/index.htm

(also, RHEM II SE is in development!!)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top