• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Grim Fandango Remastered

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

What I’ve read people seem to have some performance issues when using some Nvidia cards and Linux.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’m actually a little bit upset I can’t play this. Won’t work on my PC nor my laptop. Stupid OpenGL!

I can quite easily play Grim on my XP PC- has always worked fine for me- but I want point-and-click and audio commentary!

Sigh. I guess I should have payed those system requirements more heed.

Dangnabbit!

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Antrax - 28 January 2015 12:26 AM

The audio in my Gog version stutters Frown

It happen to me also. At least, the GoG version. Not always, just in some parts.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

tomimt - 28 January 2015 04:12 AM

What I’ve read people seem to have some performance issues when using some Nvidia cards and Linux.

I’m using neither and it’s running fine. So there’s another bit to back up the theory.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

GoG version runs smoothly for me aswel

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Apart from a bit of lag here and there it mostly runs smoothly. I guess its caused from the new effects maybe? The commentary and new controls are definitely worth the £10.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Runs very well for me, but I have an ok system. Actually it’s pretty pathetic by present day standards, but it was a solid game rig a couple years ago, which makes it better than the 10 year old computers some people are trying to run it on.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

There is the option to run the game with the old graphics, which should ease performance problems for those interested in the other new features. Also, there’s an option to turn off “advanced lighting” for something in between.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

UruBoo - 28 January 2015 05:13 AM
Antrax - 28 January 2015 12:26 AM

The audio in my Gog version stutters Frown

It happen to me also. At least, the GoG version. Not always, just in some parts.

A friend picked up the Steam version and told me it has already been patched once. I’m wondering whether we can expect the same from GOG, which is my download source of choice.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Frogacuda - 28 January 2015 09:31 AM

Runs very well for me, but I have an ok system. Actually it’s pretty pathetic by present day standards, but it was a solid game rig a couple years ago, which makes it better than the 10 year old computers some people are trying to run it on.

These 10 year old computers (8 in my case) have been more than adequate for most adventure games up to now, including DF’s previous adventure Broken Age.

I’ve gotten by being quite a bit behind the times up to now. But for it not to play an adventure game from the 90’s is quite a rude wake up call.

More than any of that, I’m now especially peeved there’s no PS3 release. Frown

Anyway, I get Life is Strange and Kings Quest. And Telltale, for the moment. So there’s that.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

nomadsoul - 25 January 2015 11:58 AM

http://i.imgur.com/QFbV7Zd.png

2 playthroughs confirmed.

I don’t know if this has been discussed, but can somebody explain why he so passionately encourages “tank control”? I can’t think of a way it demonstrably helps UX at all in this game.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

RockNFknRoll - 28 January 2015 03:31 PM

I don’t know if this has been discussed, but can somebody explain why he so passionately encourages “tank control”? I can’t think of a way it demonstrably helps UX at all in this game.

He’s explained it in interviews before, and it’s also noted in the commentary. The reason he wanted tank controls was to make it feel like you are in the centre of the character, rather than just directing them about with a mouse-click or whatever.

I wouldn’t say he passionately encourages tank controls though; he’s definitely not convinced it was the right decision in the end.

I’m a sucker for trophies so am playing through it with tank controls but really wish I didn’t have to.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

RockNFknRoll - 28 January 2015 03:31 PM

I think he’s being somewhat coy at this point. He said originally he was convinced it was superior because it was more immersive to use character-relative controls, but he seems to admit now that it was the wrong choice.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

One disappointment I had was that the 16:9 ratio stretches the game, rather than it being reworked to support that resolution, especially when played on a console on a high def TV.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

That would have probably required them to have the original 3D scenes.  My guess is they only had the pre-rendered backgrounds to play with, which would explain why not much was done with them.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top