• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation

Really enjoyed this action packed film. All the elements of a classic thriller, great car chases, real stunts, good fight scenes and a twisting plot.

Rebecca Ferguson is great as the Femme Fatale that is a match for Hunt’s character while the ultimate bad guy is clever and menacing.

Christopher McQuarrie did a great job revitalising this series.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Mr. Holmes
What a brilliant movie. The acting, the emotions, the very well put together story, the scenes… I loved it. One of the best movies I ever saw.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Tad - 24 July 2015 11:47 AM

Okay, I know this is suppose to be about movies we’ve seen, but I was never going to watch this as I knew it would be bad. But, this review is brilliant:

My god that movie is so bad even the trailer was far too long for me.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Ant-Man

Surprisingly good for a movie I expected to be an utter disaster. The shrink-down sequences (and the fights where he shifted from tiny to normal repeatedly) were a lot of fun to watch. Not sure why Cross went straight from inorganic shrinkage to live sheep, though. Seemed like he could’ve tried a steak first.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw the Fantastic Four!!! Yeah, it’s terrible Neutral  (but I liked the cast)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How does it compare to the previous one, as that one was terrible as well?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s been 10 years since I’ve seen the other one but I remember it being mostly harmless boring with some really bad casting.
This one tries to be different, does some interesting things in the introduction of the characters and when they get their powers with some dark moments. The problem is writing is mostly bad, it takes some time to get going and the second part of the movie feels very rushed and utterly pointless.
The tone is completely different from the comic or Marvel movies, I was curious, that’s why I went to see it, but the problem is what they created is not good at all. (Although it’s not as bad as Catwoman…).

So I would say they are equally bad Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

TimovieMan - 06 August 2015 07:51 PM

How does it compare to the previous one, as that one was terrible as well?

IGN gave it a 5/10 and MovieBob thought it was bad too:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wild - 3.5/5

Very good film, and great performance by Reese Witherspoon, but I can’t help feel that it’s just a weaker version of Into the Wild.
And when compared, I have to say that Into the Wild had more social commentary, prettier landscapes and better music…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 08 August 2015 02:57 AM

Wild - 3.5/5

Very good film, and great performance by Reese Witherspoon, but I can’t help feel that it’s just a weaker version of Into the Wild.
And when compared, I have to say that Into the Wild had more social commentary, prettier landscapes and better music…

Reese sex scenes automtically make it better than Intothewild.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So Fantastic Four completely bombed at the boxoffice, not surprising at all. Marvel probably getting the rights sooner or later.

Also saw Wild this weekend, good movie specially because of Reese Whitherspoon perfomance. Made us want to go for some hiking.

And playing KQ made me watch Princess Bride again since it’s been years since I’ve last seen it. I’ts great how the movie holds up so well, even people that had never seen instantly liked it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 August 2015 06:56 AM

So Fantastic Four completely bombed at the boxoffice, not surprising at all. Marvel probably getting the rights sooner or later.

Also saw Wild this weekend, good movie specially because of Reese Whitherspoon perfomance. Made us want to go for some hiking.

And playing KQ made me watch Princess Bride again since it’s been years since I’ve last seen it. I’ts great how the movie holds up so well, even people that had never seen instantly liked it.

Director of Wild who did Dallasbuyersclub also makes it better than Intothewild.
Guy knows how to keep viewers glued to the screen.

I rewatched Christine in HD, J. Carpenter’s classic.
Tight music.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 August 2015 07:53 AM

Director of Wild who did Dallasbuyersclub also makes it better than Intothewild.

Tight music.

Never seen Into the wild but just for the eddie vedder soundtrack should be good.

80s Carpenter is awesome, he could do no wrong.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That’s because The Princess Bride is just that good, and because it’s so insanely quotable. Cool

nomadsoul - 10 August 2015 07:53 AM

And Sean Penn doesn’t? Have you seen The Pledge or The Crossing Guard?

Tight music.

Carpenter’s music was always tight, and was always an added value, even on a synthesizer.

wilco - 10 August 2015 10:23 AM

80s Carpenter is awesome, he could do no wrong.

I agree. Late ‘70s as well. Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, Elvis.
The Thing, Escape From New York and Starman are absolute masterpieces.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2015-08-12

PM

Pleasantville - seen it long time ago, still an excellent movie!

What we do in the shadows - many of my friends disliked it, but I thought it was hilarious :p

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top