• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Looks pretty nice. How’s that other stop motion adventure game doing that was in KS?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s the same point-and-click interface as Neverhood just at a higher resolution. That’s all it needs to be too, it’s great.

The voice acting is really nice. What else can be said? It’s great what they’ve done at an indie level. I can’t wait.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Looks great!  Cool Hope there will be subtitles for us non-natives though.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

New behind-the-scenes featurette thing:

This really has to be chalked up as one of the best looking Kickstarter games.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

thejobloshow - 26 February 2015 12:56 AM

This really has to be chalked up as one of the best looking Kickstarter games.

I agree. Despite the controversy surrounding TenNapel, the game doesn’t seem to represent any of it. It looks and sounds fantastic and I’m really looking forward to it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 15 November 2014 05:53 AM

Hope there will be subtitles for us non-natives

Hear, hear, HEAR!!!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, this is shaping up very well. One of my most anticipated adventures right now. I loved Neverhood and this looks completely worthy of that heritage.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

A new game, similar to Neverhood?  Smile  Klaaaaaayyyyyymmaaannnn!!!!!

Since reading up on 21 pages for info would take me forever, can someone post a link to let me know more?  Like a release date and such.

One mean, green-eyed fitch.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

To my knowledge the release date hasn’t been pinned down beyond “coming 2015” but here is the official website which will introduce you to a few more details about the game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s looking great.

A question for backers. Has anyone received the beta key? They talked about starting beta some time ago

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

silvermitt - 27 February 2015 09:18 AM

A new game, similar to Neverhood?  Smile  Klaaaaaayyyyyymmaaannnn!!!!!

Since reading up on 21 pages for info would take me forever, can someone post a link to let me know more?  Like a release date and such.

Short version: The original creators of The Neverhood (Doug TenNapel, Ed Shofield and Mike Dietz) are making a new clay adventure similar to The Neverhood. Terry S. Taylor is once again doing the music as well, and many additional members of the Neverhood team have had “guest” involvement. They don’t have the rights to the Neverhood IP so it’s more spiritual successor than sequel.

There’s no fixed release date right now, but it’s likely summer at the latest, since the game is transitioning to beta and is more or less complete and playable minus polish and testing. It’s unlikely that’ll take more than a few months.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2015-02-05

PM

Thanks!

Hey they made Earthworm Jim?!  I love those time killer games!  I think it helps that Korn did the soundtrack. 

Wonder if the game developers could poke Reznor for a few notes on the upcoming game (I have a rabbit’s foot, 4 leaf clover, and a shiny lucky penny for hopes on THAT!)  Ok, so not likely NIN would cough up a video game gimme, but it sure would be nice.  At least in my little fantasy.

Edited:  Methinks Doug likes Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman.  What’s not to love?  I think this latest release will be well received.

One mean, green-eyed fitch.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

silvermitt - 27 February 2015 10:52 AM

Ok, so not likely NIN would cough up a video game gimme, but it sure would be nice.  At least in my little fantasy.

Well, he did do the music for Quake, and did some early work for Doom 3 that sadly got scrapped, so it’s not that far a stretch… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Terry Taylor’s got the music covered. Neverhood had one of the best soundtracks ever.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For those who didn’t back (booooooo!), the game is now available for preorder on Steam and GOG. Seems like the release can’t be too far away!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top