• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Detective Ross: Episode 1

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

The updated version looks interesting: (Detective Ross: Episode 1 Trailer), but I can’t find any information on the internets about the original which came out in 2012…no reviews, game play length, etc. Has anyone here played it? Either version?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have been looking forward to this one, is it out already? someone needs to confirm it cuz i cant find anywhere.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Yes, it’s out Advie. You can buy it on the developer’s website for $4.99 US. Check it out here:
Detective Ross: Episode 1 remake

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oh, thanks !!

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Anyone ever played this game? Was surprised to find no review or forum discussion (unless the search function didn’t find the keywords) on the game. Looks good, but FMVs can be hit or miss. Would love to know what people think.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Funny, I asked the exact same question yesterday… EDIT: ...and it looks like our threads have now been merged. Thanks, stealth moderator!

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Thanks for the merge! Surprised I didn’t find this originally. Looking forward to hearing what people think—I’m a sucker for games set in Paris:) (Even Urban Runner is a guilty pleasure of mine!)

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Finished the first episode—took an hour and a half. Production values are pretty good for an indie FMV game, and I actually found the lead character to be believable and a good actor (though I can’t quite place his accent, especially for a former American cop). Also, surprised that he interpeted a French phone message well despite saying he doesn’t understand a French person’s words in an earlier scene?

Promising story, but was disappointed to find that most of the puzzles are hidden-object ones, filled out with tile- and match-based mini games. Maybe more of an FMV title full of hidden-object puzzles rather than inventory- and dialogue-based ones? The game needs to be advertised more as a hidden-object game rather than a traditional AG.

Still, I’m a sucker for Paris-based games and enjoyed it. But I wish it was based more on traditional inventory- and dialogue-based puzzles.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-10-24

PM

Hello Rottford,
I would like to purchase this updated game. I have the original version of the game, but I, as many other players of this game, have experienced the “BLACK SCREEN” problem, which “crashes” the game unexpectedly, and one cannot continue playing it.  Have you experienced this as well?
Sandy

Total Posts: 289

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

If I recall right, I tried to play the demo of the original game but could not get past a crash due to an early bug.  The devs were not much help, basically gave a few generic tips to try and then said sorry, can’t help.  At that point I gave up on the game.

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

sandymc79 - 26 April 2015 10:41 PM

Hello Rottford,
I would like to purchase this updated game. I have the original version of the game, but I, as many other players of this game, have experienced the “BLACK SCREEN” problem, which “crashes” the game unexpectedly, and one cannot continue playing it.  Have you experienced this as well?
Sandy

I actually did not have a single issue with the game—everything worked perfectly.

Joined 2010-10-24

PM

I have just gotten a reply from the developer of this game. He assured me that the “bugs” in the old version were corrected in the NEW version. I just replied back to the developer asking him that “in case I should get the same “Black screen” problem with the NEW version, would he issue me a REFUND. I know that it’s only $5.00, but I’ve already wasted money on the original game”.  I will keep you all posted as to my “progress” in this matter.
                                      Sandy

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-04-28

PM

Hello everybody

I’m Sylvain, one of the creators of ” Detective Ross- Episode 1: A PI in Paris “. First of all, thank you of your interest for our game. To explain the creation of this game, we created it in 2012 with friends. We are professionals in the audiovisual and great passionates of video games (old FMV…). At the time of the first release of the game, we did that on our free time but now we have created our own independent studio in Paris. We are still a small company but we hope to develop us. When the first version of the game was released there were bugs including the “black screen”. That is why with a new developer we completely reprogram the game. We have no bugs during our testing phases, and no player, who buy the game,  talking us about bugs.

Indeed as the Rottford mentioned above, we add mini-games (puzzles, hidden objects). This is an attempt for us to try to be of interest to casual gamers this type of adventure game. We can understand that true gamers can be put off by this but I want to clarify that this is only part of the game. There are other things to do. But we take into consideration your reflexions. For the second episode, we want mini-games and riddles are integrated into the story.

My purpose here is not to promote my game but to listen to our community to improve our future games. So feel we are listening to your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you

(sorry for my english mistakes)

Joined 2010-10-24

PM

Fellow Gamers. on the assurances from Sylvain that the updated game would not have any “bugs” or “glitches, I purchased it.  Sure enough, it is running PERFECTLY on my WIN XP computer: no “Black Screen”, and no “crashes”. I highly recommend. that if you want to play this game, you should purchase it.  (I get a commission.  LOL).I thank Sylvain and his support team for their help and for their honesty.
Sandy

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Space Asylum - 28 April 2015 12:35 PM

Hello everybody

I’m Sylvain, one of the creators of ” Detective Ross- Episode 1: A PI in Paris “. First of all, thank you of your interest for our game. To explain the creation of this game, we created it in 2012 with friends. We are professionals in the audiovisual and great passionates of video games (old FMV…). At the time of the first release of the game, we did that on our free time but now we have created our own independent studio in Paris. We are still a small company but we hope to develop us. When the first version of the game was released there were bugs including the “black screen”. That is why with a new developer we completely reprogram the game. We have no bugs during our testing phases, and no player, who buy the game,  talking us about bugs.

Indeed as the Rottford mentioned above, we add mini-games (puzzles, hidden objects). This is an attempt for us to try to be of interest to casual gamers this type of adventure game. We can understand that true gamers can be put off by this but I want to clarify that this is only part of the game. There are other things to do. But we take into consideration your reflexions. For the second episode, we want mini-games and riddles are integrated into the story.

My purpose here is not to promote my game but to listen to our community to improve our future games. So feel we are listening to your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you

(sorry for my english mistakes)

Thanks for the explanation, Sylvain! Looking forward to the rest of the chapters. The visuals are stunning, and I really enjoy the quality of the FMV.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top