• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Planescape Kickstarter?

Poll: Would You Want This To Happen?
Total Votes: 29
Yes
No
Maybe
What’s Planescape?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 March 2013 05:38 PM

BTW, those 1 million achieved much faster than any kickstarter yet.

Amazing! I guess kickstarter is really here to stay. Really excited to see all these new single players RPG.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Lucien21 - 06 March 2013 03:35 PM

Thier other project was nearly as fast. It took 43 hours for Wasteland 2 to be funded and it ended up just under $3million.

I know both projects is/was moving fast, I was just happy and a bit surprised that Torment got funded to quickly, since it’s their second Kickstarter project, and many people are suffering from crowdsourcing fatigue.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 06 March 2013 07:02 PM
nomadsoul - 06 March 2013 05:38 PM

BTW, those 1 million achieved much faster than any kickstarter yet.

Amazing! I guess kickstarter is really here to stay. Really excited to see all these new single players RPG.

Word is tommorow Shadowrun gameplay video will be released.Smile

I hope they nail this look

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Basically you want the SNES ShadowRun look. Grin I agree. My favorite interactive media version of the universe.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Amazing track, wait is harder now

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 March 2013 08:56 AM

The Shadowrun gameplay video is out. I never played a Shadowrun game but it looks awesome.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 March 2013 11:23 AM
nomadsoul - 07 March 2013 08:56 AM

The Shadowrun gameplay video is out. I never played a Shadowrun game but it looks awesome.

Yup looks exactly what i wanted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9MiMjQwd2VE

Imagine Syndicate revival in this engine

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Torment Kickstarter only amassed 10K in the last hour. It’s stalling. I still hope they’ll make 900K within the time limit, but if it doesn’t pick up soon, it’ll be touch-and-go… Crazy

I’m sorry, this is not even the lamest joke I’ve made this evening… Sealed Lips

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The execution of level design is almost perfect, 29 ours to go, 3.6+ million

and this

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2004-09-30

PM

Hey all,

I would just like to mention that Torment: Tides of Numenera by inXile entertainment:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

is about to end in less than 7 hours. If you haven’t yet heard of it or are still thinking about to pledge, go to the site and check it out. Now is the time before it’s too late Grin

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It’s kind of amazing that a little over a year ago, Double Fine had smashed all previous records for crowdfunding by more than triple, and now like 7 projects have managed to best that record.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Frogacuda - 05 April 2013 12:34 PM

It’s kind of amazing that a little over a year ago, Double Fine had smashed all previous records for crowdfunding by more than triple, and now like 7 projects have managed to best that record.

Campaigns have gotten better at milking money out of their backers (it seems weird now that DFA only had five Kickstarter updates during the campaign!), but DFA still holds the record for the number of backers.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 April 2013 12:37 PM

Campaigns have gotten better at milking money out of their backers (it seems weird now that DFA only had five Kickstarter updates during the campaign!), but DFA still holds the record for the number of backers.

Well, on Kickstarter they do, but Star Citizen blew that record away. They’re at over 150,000 backers last I checked.

The way Double Fine did it was a very strange experiment, indeed. There’s something different about saying “I’m going to make a game. I don’t know what it is, but you trust me, right?” It’s proving that the creator is the brand in a way that no one else has. It wasn’t the best way to raise the most money, but I think it made an important point.

That’s really what a lot of my pledge history on KS was about: Supporting game designers who haven’t been able to make the games they want.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Over 4 million now Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Resurrecting this thread because some gameplay footage of Torment: Tides of Numenera showed up on a kickstarter update:

Amazing!!

Divinity Original Sin
Shadowrun Returns with a big update
Wasteland 2 is releasing this week
Pillars of Eternity on beta now and releasing at the end of the year

So many RPG goodness!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top