• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanDaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Quantum Break looks really good so call me excited about it. Little Finger is in it so yay for that Grin
Crackdown: Looks cool but too early to tell.
Scalebound: love the dragon, and Platinum is an ace developer so the combat will be super tight.

As far as indies, lots of adventure games announced for XBOX 1 from Daedalic, and Ron Gilbert’s Thimbleweed Park, which makes sense since Germans love adventure games.

PS If I got a dollar for every time I heard the word “Cloud”, I’d be a millionaire.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2015 02:05 PM

Quantum Break looks really good so call me excited about it. Little Finger is in it so yay for that Grin
Crackdown: Looks cool but too early to tell.
Scalebound: love the dragon, and Platinum is an ace developer so the combat will be super tight.

As far as indies, lots of adventure games announced for XBOX 1 from Daedalic, and Ron Gilbert’s Thimbleweed Park, which makes sense since Germans love adventure games.

PS If I got a dollar for every time I heard the word “Cloud”, I’d be a millionaire.

Also for the line, Best lineup in xbox history.

Megaton Silenthill revealed by konami, didnt see it coming.
Looks cool
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1090059

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 04 August 2015 03:34 PM

Megaton Silenthill revealed by konami, didnt see it coming.
Looks cool
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1090059

Damn it! You got me Pan  Pan

Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So, SEGA throw out their old book on how to treat fans, and I’m guessing Konami found? lol

By the way, Nomadsoul, Wilco, have you seen the Alison Road gameplay trailer? What were your thoughts?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 August 2015 04:24 PM

So, SEGA throw out their old book on how to treat fans, and I’m guessing Konami found? lol

By the way, Nomadsoul, Wilco, have you seen the Alison Road gameplay trailer? What were your thoughts?

Looks great, atmosphere and engine. But the monster should be more menacing.

Samlake and Kamiya in bullettime,

http://www.xboxgamescom2015.com/pages/list_detail/120

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally saw the Scalebound gameplay footage. Still super rough framerate (weird for a Platinum game) and the environment destruction model looked terrible but it’s still very early.
If it’s an action-RPG with a big world to explore a different magic systems it might very good. Liked the dragon ally.
Crackdown 3 didn’t look very good I think but I never played a game from the series.

Tad - 04 August 2015 04:24 PM

Looks ok, house looked good and some horror effects. Pacing was a bit weird and the monster laughable but it’s still early. Very smart of the developer to jump in the PT bandwagon

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 04 August 2015 05:01 PM

Finally saw the Scalebound gameplay footage. Still super rough framerate (weird for a Platinum game) and the environment destruction model looked terrible but it’s still very early.
If it’s an action-RPG with a big world to explore a different magic systems it might very good. Liked the dragon ally.

The dragon ally is really cool. I wonder how much control you have over him. It would be such a fun feature if you can play as the dragon Grin.  As far as the framerate goes, Platinum are perfectionists, so I have no doubt they will get the game running smoothly. The only game I can think of that was made by them and had a terrible framerate was Bayoneta on the PS3, and I remember hearing from them that it was their biggest mistake and biggest regret, because they left the development of that port to a third party.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Can’t say anything they showed blew my socks off.

Scalebound looked well rough and seemed a bit phantasy Star meets Monster Hunter.
Dark Souls III. Meh seen enough of those games.
Crackdown 3 destruction may be fun, but the rest looks like a saints game.
Quantum Break was the only thing thst looked likr ot could be different even if the game play wasn’t all that far removed from other shooters. (The next level of Max Payne slowdown mechanics)

Nothing I would run out and buy and Xbox for.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2015 06:17 PM

The dragon ally is really cool. I wonder how much control you have over him. It would be such a fun feature if you can play as the dragon Grin.  As far as the framerate goes, Platinum are perfectionists, so I have no doubt they will get the game running smoothly. The only game I can think of that was made by them and had a terrible framerate was Bayoneta on the PS3, and I remember hearing from them that it was their biggest mistake and biggest regret, because they left the development of that port to a third party.

From the gameplay trailer it seemed like it was used for fire attacks, will probably have many different abilities in the end.
Yeah, Sega handled the bad port of Bayonetta, usually Platinum polished things to the max.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

45 minutes till EA’s conference…yeah, I know.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 August 2015 07:07 PM
SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2015 06:17 PM

From the gameplay trailer it seemed like it was used for fire attacks, will probably have many different abilities in the end.
Yeah, Sega handled the bad port of Bayonetta, usually Platinum polished things to the max.

Kamiya mentioned on the stage that you can explore via dragon or foot.
Considering the content and madness of his past games, expect lots of Dragon air time, with spaceharrier type shootouts, and plethora of badass bosses.
I am glad he is going for Okami approach, atleast he is not making another shooter or sequel to straight slasher. Its UE4 not inhouse engine, so they will iron it out.
Its prealpha not even alpha, from the looks of it MS thin pipeline forced them to show it,
and they delayed this reveal from E3 for same reason.

New MGSV trailer is hype, gonna be Goty contender.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Shock horror! Cars! If only they had sports at this event…something, like a really tedious discussion on football!

/sarcasm

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ohh! Mirrors Edge!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 05 August 2015 04:11 AM

Ohh! Mirrors Edge!

Damn amazing, it makes Asscreed looks like a bad joke.
Full marks to EA for not giving up on this like Ubi did on BGE.
Full marks to my one of fav games that inspired ME.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yup. Looks good.

That sims trailer seemed a bit sexist…

oh dear god, why? Who thinks we want this?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top