• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

steam trading cards

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Hi guys,

Is there anyone with some experience with the steam card trading business?
I figured out for myself that I don’t really care about collecting those to completion, and have been selling them on the market place. I recently installed Steam Idle master, which simulates playing all of the steam games that have cards, and you’ll get 3-4 cards per game it simulates. I set the order to most valuable first, and interestingly, it selected my kickstarter backed AGs first. I own 421 games on steam and approximately 130 have cards.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

for those who are interested, I almost made 20 EUR by letting steam idling and selling the cards on the market place. I sold 1 rare foil card for 2 EUR, not bad Wink I also crafted 3 badges (by collecting 3 full sets) to see what gaining XP does, but it doesn’t seem to do anything useful.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Nice. I occasionally find out I have cards, so I sell them for whatever seems to be the going rate (looks like about 20 cents a piece) and it adds up to a game now and then.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, I stopped being lazy a put up all my cards and TF2 items for sale. I never idled so it’s stuff I collected from gaming.
I wasn’t even finished with putting stuff for sale and had already almost 10€ in my wallet… What a strange market… Who keeps buying these things?

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Right now there’s a Steam auction thing going on that works with you donating trading cards etc. for “Gems” and then using those “Gems” to bid for games & stuff.

I just sold a few (cheap) trading cards this morning that would never have been bought otherwise.

As for the rest of the time (outside this and other such cases when you can actually get stuff for the trading cards (last Summer Sale, for example)) - I guess it’s just people who like to collect stuff. You can get some extra stuff for crafting sets of those cards into badges.

I don’t, but I do keep one of each that I get to myself, just in case (like the summer sale, where I crafted one or two badges to get a chance to win some free games).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I went to look at that auction, game prices are ridiculous, bet 20000-70000 gems and each card only gives 20-30 gems… I traded some items and still only got 1200 gems that I could only use to change for…....... more cards! Neutral Lol, meanwhile Valve is making money from all these million of small transactions going on, no wonder they don’t make games anymore.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yeah, tell me about it…

I did have like two items that would’ve given 200 Gems. Then again, I had a few cards that would’ve given only 7 or so. You can also buy these Gems, but I haven’t checked their rates. Sounds even dumber to me to outright buy them, though. Might as well go and buy the game you want.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

jaap - 22 November 2014 06:34 AM

for those who are interested, I almost made 20 EUR by letting steam idling and selling the cards on the market place. I sold 1 rare foil card for 2 EUR, not bad Wink I also crafted 3 badges (by collecting 3 full sets) to see what gaining XP does, but it doesn’t seem to do anything useful.

How often and for how long do you have the Steam Idler running?

After I first saw your post, I downloaded it and had it running all the time and never managed to get any cards from it. Kind of gave up on because I assumed it wouldn’t work, maybe I was doing something wrong or should give it another shot.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top