• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Metal Gear Solid V

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Latest Video from TGS, not alot happens. However typical that the only woman in the trailer is wearing a bikini, essential wear for all female soldiers and not exploitive at all Tongue

Although I think her name is Quiet, a mute sniper. Here is some gameplay.

Not as funny as the Gamecom Box Trailer.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kojima said:
“I know there’s people concerning about “Quiet” but don’t worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. “Quiet” who doesn’t have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.”

Really curious about what that reason will be.

I’m concerned no released date has been announced yet…Maybe only Summer/Fall of next year…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 September 2014 03:06 PM

Kojima said:
“I know there’s people concerning about “Quiet” but don’t worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. “Quiet” who doesn’t have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.”

Really curious about what that reason will be.

I’m concerned no released date has been announced yet…Maybe only Summer/Fall of next year…

Probably abuse if MGSGZ is anything to go by.

More stage shows planned, hoping for Rel date, April or May would be fine

Game will loose the impact graphically anyway after Feb titles.

Edit:

Also i am starting to take the series even less seriously only hyped for gamedesign and
some philosophies, otherwise the super powered heroes stuff is going out of hands.

Quiet is flying and speeding like anything, its even next level Pain(bees ,teleporting)
shit that kojima pulled off in MGS3.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Video out for new assist , Diamond Dog,

Like Quiet he is optional.

Really good addition and great animations.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Puppy animations!
Why does he have an eye patch? Seems like a fun companion

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kojima’s swan song , end of an era.
I remember the time when i got lucky to get the japanese demo limited copy, and then the full game in Japanese , i finished it, like other japanese games i used to.
After years of hype and more hype , MGSV is finally leaked and releasing officially soon.
I know there are not much fans of MGS here but atleast the game deserves its own thread , as one of the greatest cinematic series getting closure from original auteur.

The funny part is the plot and main spoilers are already out, which some of us predicted right.
In other words the major twist is already in the trailers, staring at you, but many missed it.
Though there are gaps to fill and final secret ending is still underwraps.

It wont convince non MGS fans but for lovers , The Twist and plot is delivering hard ,
like MGS2 hard, and with more mature presentation.
I can safely say that Kojima is genius in knowledge and incorporating science, religion, philosophy, biology, military and science into one kickass package, which in past felt bit like anime is now more mature.
Wink

Now for some journalism,

IGN - 10

The Phantom Pain is the kind of game I thought would never exist - one where every minute gameplay detail has true purpose. Its lack of story focus is sure to be divisive for the Metal Gear faithful, but the resulting emphasis on my story, my tales of Espionage Action, easily make it my favorite in the series. There have certainly been sandbox action games that have given me a bigger world to roam, or more little icons to chase on my minimap, but none have pushed me to plan, adapt, and improvise the way this one does. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain doesn’t just respect my intelligence as a player, it expects it of me, putting it in league that few others occupy.

Destructoid - 9.0

Despite the fact that I hit a few snags along the way, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain feels like a simultaneous celebration of the series, and a decidedly new chapter. It’s equal parts tough and flashy, and it’s fitting that if this is Kojima’s last Metal Gear, he goes on a high note.

Gamespot - 10

Every fan of Metal Gear has their favorite game in the series. For some, it’s the unique gameplay quirks, memorable set pieces, or specific plot points that dictate their adoration for one game over another. When defining the best Metal Gear game, things get trickier, but with The Phantom Pain, that problem is finally resolved. There has never been a game in the series with such depth to its gameplay, or so much volume in content. The best elements from the past games are here, and the new open-world gameplay adds more to love on top. When it comes to storytelling, there has never been a Metal Gear game that’s so consistent in tone, daring in subject matter, and so captivating in presentation. The Phantom Pain may be a contender for one of the best action games ever made, but is undoubtedly the best Metal Gear game there is.

Kotaku (Impressions)

I’ve Played 30 Hours Of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain And It’s Friggin’ Great

Game Informer - 9.25

Hideo Kojima’s original Metal Gear was a top-down, screen-by-screen stealth title. Compared to the massive and ambitious world of The Phantom Pain, it’s hard to believe both games are products of the same creative mind. A series can’t survive this long without evolving, and The Phantom Pain is a testament to the importance of taking risks. An open world, a customizable base, a variable mission structure – these are not traditional aspects of Metal Gear, but they are what makes The Phantom Pain such an exceptional game. The gameplay, storytelling, and protagonists in Metal Gear may shift with each new installment, but Kojima’s ability to surprise and enthrall gamers remains unchanged.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 23 August 2015 08:51 PM

I know there are not much fans of MGS here but atleast the game deserves its own thread , as one of the greatest cinematic series getting closure from original auteur.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4317/

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All the praising from everywhere! seems the new gameplay mechanis hit all the right notes. Should be great. End of an era indeed.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 24 August 2015 02:24 AM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4317/

Merged!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 24 August 2015 07:15 AM

All the praising from everywhere! seems the new gameplay mechanis hit all the right notes. Should be great. End of an era indeed.

In a way, I think it’s probably for the best. Konami seem to want to sell cheap tat and although I don’t particularly like everything he does, Kojima is better then that. Although we may not see MGS and Silent Hill again, I’m certain we’ll see variations of it in some shape or form from those inspired or from a new formula from the man himself.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Got the copy, gameplay is tight and responsive.
Wilco check your psn inbox.

Later.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The PS4 I ordered was actually the MGS V special edition so I will be joining all of you in Kojima’s last hurrah on September 1st. The reviews for this and Until Dawn have been overwhelmingly reassuring. 

MGS IV was an exciting experience even though I didn’t know what was going on. I’ve been playing though the MGS series on and off throughout the year in preparation for V so hopefully I’ll be in good stead to understand V.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have played them all except for the ones made in the late 80s and early 90s mgs5 takes place before and leads up to the first metal gear game that was made in 1987. so basically the series was told out of order like star wars or a quentin taratino movie ala pulp fiction lol.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 September 2014 09:27 AM

Puppy animations!
Why does he have an eye patch? Seems like a fun companion

This just happened, puppy companion gonna be fun, Shadowdancer and Deadtorights style.

Just an important heads up, hou get the puppy in mission 3 beginning area where Heli drop you off.
Other companion Quiet in mission 11 BOSSFIGHT, defeat her nonlethally.

Thing is they are both optional and gamechangers as thet can assist you in different ways in your missions with their own skillsets.

So dont miss them, there are no savefiles.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

You should be ashamed of your words and deeds,
Looks like Kojima successfully trolled Feminist wing before game release to give us unfiltered fanservice.

Enjoy,
http://webm.host/c3103/vid.webm
http://webm.host/c185e/vid.webm

Grin

Btw, environments graphics are bringing my experience down, low textures on rocks and cheap trees
Gameplay is probably the best in any open world.
Smooth.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Only promotion game needed,

https://d.maxfile.ro/pofmydhxac.webm

Words and deeds.

Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top