• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tales from the Borderlands - Telltale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Overall I’m liking Borderlands (which is funny in its own right as I really don’t care for the original FPS game) more than I’m liking Game Of Thrones (which I find overly brooding a bit failed attempt to be as hardcore as the TV-series is). Borderlands isn’t the best series Telltale has done, but humour does hit me in just the right spot.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 13 October 2015 07:50 AM

Overall I’m liking Borderlands (which is funny in its own right as I really don’t care for the original FPS game) more than I’m liking Game Of Thrones (which I find overly brooding a bit failed attempt to be as hardcore as the TV-series is). Borderlands isn’t the best series Telltale has done, but humour does hit me in just the right spot.

Havent played the original is a huge missink link.
If it works on gamers who arent fan of the original, then its hundred fold on gamers who are, meaning best series of TTG along with Twau.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have the FPS and it is at best Ok - the telltale story game is amazing. I kept the FPS because the Telltales game is so good.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The final episode is due out today for PC/PS3/4 and Mac. Smile

Not sure about elsewhere, but here in the UK they’re normally out around 6pm (in about 10 minutes).

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

And finished. Loved it. A brilliant way to end the season and I hope we have more of them. The story, characters and humour for me make this one of TT’s best to date. I hope we see another one, I really do.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good to hear, can’t wait to play it.
But I doubt we’ll see another one for some time, maybe after Borderlands 3 if Telltale has time between all the projects.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’ve actually lost count now. Isn’t it Minecraft, Marvel, TWD mini series, TWDS3 and a new IP?

And there’s me hoping for a Star Wars series *drools*

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I just finished it. Oh boy that was such a good finale! It had it all: Action, comedy, drama, plot twists, amazing characters. The Stranger reveal was so good, I doubt anyone guessed it!
Telltale just got me back fully on board with this one. I’m with you Tad, give them a Star Wars series to make! (And make them write Borderlands 3)

And

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

God, I loved that reference Smile
Who did you take into the fight with you? I tried to take Felix, but he explained his actions and said he never betrayed them. He switched the money for fake and planned on meeting Fiona and Sasha after the dust had settled over hyperion. He then gives fiona 9 million and buys a vault hunter to help. Turns out, it’s claptrap Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My team was Athena, her mechanic girlfriend (had to choose both to see what would happen) and August, couldn’t chose Felix because he was dead. Claptrap probably lead to some awesome fighting scenes, have to check those videos later.

That whole team selection was very cool and made at least some decisions matter, reminded me of Mass Effect 2.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Overall, very entertaining final episode and as a whole a solid series from Telltale. I’m leaning to think that maybe I should give the FPS game a new spin some time soon just because of this. I do know that I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Borderlands from Telltale, as the setting is pretty fantastic as its own.

I also liked how one of the more bizarre moments in the previous episodes made good sense after this one.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s worth it but completely skip Borderlands 1 that is a bore and jump directly to the second game that’s where the fun starts.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have Borderlands 2 on my PSVITA and it is OK.

I stopped playing Minecraft Story Mode and jumped on this. Loved it - great ending to the series.

As for handhelds, the PSVITA is probably the last time we see a dedicated handheld with lots of adventure games.

I think the future for handhelds with lots of adventure games is the ipad mini. And to be honest, an Ipad mini 4 is WAY more powerful than a New 3DS XL or a PSVITA.

After I buy Danganronpa 3 and Zero Escape 3 for the PSVITA in 2016 all my adventure game purchases will be on my ipad mini 4.

Tales of the Borderlands episode 5 was an amazing experience on my ipad mini 4. I am going to play it twice to see how different choices effect the story.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just finished it, kickass finale indeed, the last team selection is great throwback along with respawn healing of Sasha, and Damn

Tad - 21 October 2015 07:20 AM

He then gives fiona 9 million and buys a vault hunter to help. Turns out, it’s claptrap Smile

I didnt know Claptrap was in and i made the wrong decision in the first ep and now cant have him in last showdown WTF, i was so pissed at gortys and wanted Claptrap all along.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

@wilco

Dude give TTG BL3???
Last ep was written with the help of original BL writer Anthonyburch Tongue
He has now left though.

I wanted to have Fiona and Rhys romance instead of Rhys and sasha , is that possible in this season??
I cleared sasha off as friend.
Guessed Vaughn identity in the end but loaderbot totally stumped me. Smile

Pilot and finale were amazing.

Still i think the constant loading screen interruptions and engine is hurting overall presentation and immersion, but cant complain if its 15$ for the season Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played the ending episode twice, I liked it so much. Sad to see it end, it’s been such a fun ride.

Hopefully we’ll see a season 2, but if only this season is all we get, this game will go down as one of my favorites of all time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top