• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

An adventure cinematic/shared universe

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Cinematic universes are all the rage this decade with Marvel leading the pack in creating completely separate film series that all take place in the same universe.

I can really only think of one game series that tried to deliberately have wildly different games attached to one universe; Oddworld.

There’s also Ace Attorney Investigations depending on whether you consider those games a spin off to Phoenix Wright or not.

Would you like to see a shared universe for adventure games?

What universe would you like to see expanded into different series?

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

I wouldn’t mind seeing other similarly-styled adventure games in Deponia’s universe.
Rufus’s story is over and done with, but the world itself still has promise.

I don’t like the concept of a shared universe, though - it somehow suggests sharing being the default, sharing the universe which every little production mistake, instead of a more controlled decision. Maybe it’s just me, though. (It’s not, shame on you for thinking it may be!)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Discworld - the best think is that it’s all already written, just pick a book or character and make more games for it.

Fables - See above

Grim Fandango various lands - I want to see more stories in that world with other characters.

Stark / Arcadia

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 24 May 2016 07:26 PM

Discworld - the best think is that it’s all already written, just pick a book or character and make more games for it.

Fables - See above

Grim Fandango various lands - I want to see more stories in that world with other characters.

Stark / Arcadia

Grim fandango i always wanted, semi openworld with dead paper made mexicans.
Even 2D pnc GF could work.
Fables is also ripe for more stories.
Good picks.

There are already for Dronpa, Tlj,

I could always use more stories in Swery or Suda Multiverse.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 May 2016 05:57 AM

I could always use more stories in Swery or Suda Multiverse.

Thumbs Up The possibilities!

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’d like to see more games that take place in the Loom universe, like Brian Moriarty planned back in the 90s. One of the best fantasy adventure settings in my opinion. Also give me a new Zork game any day.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

any gritty post-apocalyptic could do for me, i liked Dead Synchronicity set, or TMoS were conspiracies are everyehere, even using a pen and paper is a crime (not sharing it with the global-net) also, Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy ser was a nice job ..etc

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

A heated sex scene of a guy suddenly realizes on her new gfriends bed that how much he misses Katewalker.
Thus starts his journey to follow her leads and find her in Syberia sidestory.
It will take you to other part of europe with new innovative automatons.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

wilco - 24 May 2016 07:26 PM

Strong choice right off the bat. There would be no obligation on the game devs’ part to have to explain the other games in the universe because the world is so well realised.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top