• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adding audio clips to forum posts

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Two questions, actually:

1) Is it possible to capture just the audio portion of (say) a youtube video with a program on my PC?

2) Is it then possible to upload that audio to a post in a thread on this forum?

For both 1 and 2: If so, how?

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 which has Window Media Player, and probably a couple other embedded players I haven’t explored.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Mike the Wino - 16 April 2015 12:46 PM

Two questions, actually:

1) Is it possible to capture just the audio portion of (say) a youtube video with a program on my PC?

2) Is it then possible to upload that audio to a post in a thread on this forum?

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 which has Window Media Player, and probably a couple other embedded players I haven’t explored.

1) Audacity is a nice (free) tool to edit audio files. It can record whatever’s currently playing on your computer (see here).

2) See what people have done in this thread (which badly needs to be revived…). Some of us have used kiwi6, others have used picosong.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Mike the Wino - 16 April 2015 12:46 PM

Two questions, actually:

Shall we expect a voice quiz from you soon ?  Wink

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks for the info, Kurufinwe! I’ll check this stuff out.

Abnaxus - 16 April 2015 01:22 PM

Shall we expect a voice quiz from you soon ?  Wink

Now that might be an interesting project, but that isn’t why I was asking. I’ll have to think about that. Thumbs Up  Actually, I wanted to know because there’s another thread (Place that quote!) that I’m “contributing” to where an audio clip would make a great hint.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top