• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sorry, you have failed the security test

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I can’t post in this thread - http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2968/P390

Tried latest Opera, Chrome, Firefox…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is it the “Unable to receive your submission at this time.” error that you get?

Have you tried posting a single letter and then editing your message to what you originally wanted to post? That should circumvent that error.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nah, I know that one, this one is:

“Sorry, you have failed the security test. Please ensure that you have javascript enabled and that you refresh the page that you are trying to submit.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Never encountered that one before. Maybe Jackal or Marek could tell you what it means…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Are you able to answer in that particular thread?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

diego - 23 January 2015 07:38 PM

Nah, I know that one, this one is:

“Sorry, you have failed the security test. Please ensure that you have javascript enabled and that you refresh the page that you are trying to submit.”

I also had the same problem a couple of times, exactly the same error message. What I did in those cases is simply close the window in question (the thread of the problem), re-enter the same thread and try again, just once is enough (at least it was for me).

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Can this be caused by an ad that uses JavaScript? The site doesn’t normally use JavaScript does it?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

tsa - 23 January 2015 10:24 PM

The site doesn’t normally use JavaScript does it?

Yes, it does, for more than just the ads.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Sorry to hear about these problems. I think two things are happening:

1) The first time it didn’t submit because a dropped connection or something similar (this might happen on very rare occcasions)

2) Then every subsequent time it got denied by our anti-spam plugin as it was seen as a duplicate submission (which produces the error “Sorry, you have failed the security test. Please ensure that you have javascript enabled and that you refresh the page that you are trying to submit.”)

Rather than pressing the back button and re-submitting, try copying the contents of your message, navigating away from the page (by clicking on another link), going back to the thread, and pasting/submitting the message again. The spam filter should now see it as a new form submission and not a repeat of the same one.

Our filter can be a little overzealous sometimes, though unfortunately we do need it enabled. (It was switched off for a few days recently and we got flooded with spam accounts.)

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Marek - 24 January 2015 05:33 AM

Rather than pressing the back button and re-submitting, try copying the contents of your message, navigating away from the page (by clicking on another link), going back to the thread, and pasting/submitting the message again.

That is how I did it when I had the problem and it worked.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I can’t reply to the voting threads (3rd Quarter final). I keep getting this message
Unable to receive your submission at this time
I tried your suggestions and they are not working. I use Chrome.
I’d like to vote for Broken Sword.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I bypass “Unable to receive your submission at this time” simply by NOT starting the message in the first row of the message space like a default, but pressing enter once and then writing the message.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I got round the “Unable To” problem by typing in the first letter of what I wanted to post, submitting it (always accepted) then editing it with the full message and updated.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I got around the “unable to post” message by going the edit route. That got the message posted, but unfortunately it kept the message on the second page instead of moving it to the front of the line. This is the Casual Playthrough Voting Thread, which only has four days before the vote closes. So keeping it on the front page is rather important. It doesn’t seem like there’s a satisfactory solution to this problem.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 27 January 2015 08:45 PM

I got around the “unable to post” message by going the edit route. That got the message posted, but unfortunately it kept the message on the second page instead of moving it to the front of the line. This is the Casual Playthrough Voting Thread, which only has four days before the vote closes. So keeping it on the front page is rather important. It doesn’t seem like there’s a satisfactory solution to this problem.

You mean you edited the last already existing post instead of a new one that contained only a single letter, right?
That would mean that there was no new post made, hence the thread didn’t get put up front. It’s the timestamp of the newest post that counts for that…

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2015-01-28

PM

I just tried to do a test post in that thread, I also got this:

Sorry, you have failed the security test. Please ensure that you have javascript enabled and that you refresh the page that you are trying to submit.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top