• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

So I have a tech question that I feel stupid asking, but as gamers I’m hoping you guys may know. You know how each game wants to download it’s own Dirext X, and some of the older games won’t run with newer DirextXs? Can you have multiple Direct Xs installed, or will one overwrite the other, so when I want to play a new game or an old game, I’ll always have to be downloading the correct one…?

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Multiple versions of Direct X can co-exist without any problem. That’s how Microsoft designed it.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Thanks so much soccerdude!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Direct Eggs! DIE, THREAD!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi Hammie! Back from La la land?

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I got a sweet dual citizenship thing going on. It feels weird how I don’t post on here anywhere near as much I used to. I should probably rectify that! Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hammerite - 13 February 2015 03:25 PM

I got a sweet dual citizenship thing going on. It feels weird how I don’t post on here anywhere near as much I used to. I should probably rectify that! Smile

Yes you should. It’s much more fun here than on FaceBook!

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

You’ll be pleased to know that I still find the time to dedicate towards developing a relatively eclectic and broad taste in music, y’all:

It’d seem appropriate to up my here-time, given that I’m going to undertake a ‘Grim Fandango’ (shiny new version!) replay soon… other than that, my adventure (or adventure-esque) game activities primarily involve waiting for the next ‘Kentucky Route Zero’ with baited breath.

That is one hell of a work of art.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yay, Ham-Ham!

And what a beautiful piece of music that is Smile

And Tsa is right! Facebook is for schmucks! Schmucks, I tell you! You don’t want to be a schmuck, do you?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/exploding-kittens-is-the-most-backed-project-of-all-time

Wow Exploding Kittens on Kickstarter made $8,782,571 dollars when all they were asking for was $10,000. Cats sell stuff big time.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yeah, as I recall, it went to 100 % funded in less than 20 mins and 1000 % funded in an hour.

Also, looks like a very fun card game Smile

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I just played through the “5 Days a Stranger” games (“7 Days a Skeptic” was my favorite). I really loved the atmosphere. I don’t usually let games affect me…but last night I really did have a dream about the Tall Man. 0.0 lol

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Haha I’m playing Under a Killing Moon and I dream about Tex sometimes. Not that I’m gay but the ladies in that game don’t appeal much to me Wink

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I don’t think I’ve ever dreamed about an Adventure Game character - I must need to play more of them! Wink Glad I haven’t dreamed about the tall man though!

I do love the “x days a y” series although I know they don’t get a lot of love round here.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 25 February 2015 12:39 PM

I just played through the “5 Days a Stranger” games (“7 Days a Skeptic” was my favorite). I really loved the atmosphere. I don’t usually let games affect me…but last night I really did have a dream about the Tall Man. 0.0 lol

Smile
My favorite was the first one. It was the least horror-y of them Tongue

Ah, those were the good old days. A lot of great stuff with AGS back then. Haven’t played an AGS game in ages, now…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top