• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Barrow Hill: The Dark Path

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Wow what a way to treat your customers. I’m not sure what’s worse: giving a release date and not having released your game FOUR YEARS later (yes that’s you mr. Boakes) or not telling people about the Early Access program (mr. Clarke). Oh well, we can’t change that anyway. I think I will buy Barrow Hill soon now so I can play it while waiting for the Mac version of Obduction.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I’ve finished the game! I personally didn’t mind the preview week/early access, although I agree the bugs were very frustrating. I’m happy to say that the newest update fixed most all of the bugs for me (except having two of the same inventory item). The music is back, things are there now that weren’t there before (or were inaccessible?), and I really loved it. It felt like it captured the atmosphere of the first game quite well, and I’m very happy with it. The postcards especially made me happy. Wink

I bought the first Barrow Hill on Steam as well, and I could have sworn the disk had subtitles. I have no idea where Steam downloaded the soundtrack to.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, I still can’t finish it. There’s a crucial item stuck in my inventory and I can’t use it with anything.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Oscar - 01 October 2016 12:34 PM

Well, I still can’t finish it. There’s a crucial item stuck in my inventory and I can’t use it with anything.

Out of curiosity, did you start over after the updates or are you continuing on a saved game? Which item is it?

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No, I didn’t start over. The item is the mug with purple water

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Well I think I’m finally gonna give it another go, but this starting over from scratch. Seems the only people having bugs for the most part are the ones using previous saves. Wish me luck!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Good luck, I hope it works!

Oscar-I believe that’s the BHR cup, correct? That was the one item giving me trouble as well. I had two in my inventory; one I picked up and it worked fine, and another that just appeared once I found the skeleton and couldn’t be interacted with in the inventory. If you’re still having trouble, I would suggest starting from scratch. I realize this can be frustrating, but it didn’t give me any trouble and some of the things that happen were switched around.

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Ther was another update, now i have version V1.02.
So hopefully your mug-Problems are solved, Sir Beardalot.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Great, now the mug has disappeared entirely. I’m asking for a refund, this is ridiculous. I refuse to start a new game so close to the end, that is totally unacceptable.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I have the same problem as Karlok had: I am completely lost and I can’t find the car back. I made it to the ‘junk yard’ with the rusty kid’s tricycle but I can’t find my way back to the car.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tsa - 02 October 2016 05:53 AM

I have the same problem as Karlok had: I am completely lost and I can’t find the car back. I made it to the ‘junk yard’ with the rusty kid’s tricycle but I can’t find my way back to the car.

You can’t go back that way. You arrived at the junk yard by climbing over a wall, which wasn’t immediately clear to me. I don’t know why you can’t climb the wall from the other side, but there it is. There will be another path back to the car. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Ah is that it! Thanks Karlok. That was indeed not clear at all. I thought I crawled through a hole in the fence.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I started this game the day it came out, played it for a couple of nights until I hit the first major game breaking bug, which wasn’t very far into the game. I hung up my adventurers cap and called it quits til the devs could get the bugs worked out. So finally last night after what felt like an eternity of waiting I restarted with v1.01 and was able to play through without a single problem! Very happy and satisfied with it!!! A wonderful and proper sequel!

So we now know you can’t use previous saves and there is still a chance that some of the sequences may be out of sync depending on what order you do things as of v1.01

BUT… v1.02 is out as of last night, so looks like we’ll have to wait and see how this one goes. I’ll probably play through it again in the next few nights or so just to see if anything has changed or been added. Hopefully no bugs!!!

karlok,tsa the reason you can get over the wall to begin with is because there are tires stacked up next to it. On the other side there is nothing to climb up.

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

Karlok - 02 October 2016 06:08 AM

You can’t go back that way. You arrived at the junk yard by climbing over a wall, which wasn’t immediately clear to me. I don’t know why you can’t climb the wall from the other side, but there it is. There will be another path back to the car. 

You can’t go back, because on one side there are the car tires which allows you to climb over the wall. Oh, i see, this was already answered.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Now they have released v1.03 looks like I have another reason to play through it again lol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top