• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

They actually did, the game is what Doom 3 should have been, 10s after starting the game you are shooting monsters. After that there is a computer that is going to start the story exposition and character just rips it and resumes the shooting. Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dale - 19 May 2016 01:11 PM

I really had no interest in Doom, but the more I hear about it, the more that’s changing. I didn’t like Doom 3, but it sounds like they got it right this time.

Yup Doom3 was lost identity crisis.
Here things are back to its roots.
For many its The shooter of decade, i dont know about that but it definitely nailed the Fps feel of old times with all tech and experience of todays standard.

All you need is to watch this video,

Its indeed resonates to your basic fps instinct, if you dont like this game you never liked fps back in the day, its that legit.

Playing it make me realize how much wrong this industry has become in terms of talent and philosophy.

With this Bethesda is now my top publisher.
2 emergent games,
2 Rpgs,
1 action adventure survival,
2 shooters.

Bring on Cyberpunk Arkane project at E3.

Btw, i am also surprised how they revamped Idtech to 6th iteration which shines like some badass engine.
Carmack was holding them back.
Good riddance.
Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 20 May 2016 01:14 AM

if you dont like this game you never liked fps back in the day

Well, I never liked Doom and Quake, but I loved Wolfenstein. Where do I fit in? Tongue

Doesn’t look like I’ll like this one one bit either.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

but I loved Wolfenstein. Where do I fit in?

There is a new Wolfenstein game with great reviews: “Wolfenstein: The Old Blood”:

It’s available for the PC too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 May 2016 07:11 AM

Well, I never liked Doom and Quake, but I loved Wolfenstein. Where do I fit in? Tongue

You don’t fit anywhere you weirdo! Who likes Wolfenstein and not Doom? that’s just crazy talk. Smile unless you just like to kill Mecha-Hitler.
My favorite old fps games were Duke3D, Doom and Blood.

But like Mikekelly said might probably like the new Wolfstein more since it’s more story-driven than the new Doom

Edit:
Half-Life 3 10 year retrospective:

The pain…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 May 2016 02:06 PM
TimovieMan - 20 May 2016 07:11 AM

You don’t fit anywhere you weirdo! Who likes Wolfenstein and not Doom? that’s just crazy talk. Smile unless you just like to kill Mecha-Hitler.
My favorite old fps games were Duke3D, Doom and Blood.

But like Mikekelly said might probably like the new Wolfstein more since it’s more story-driven than the new Doom

Edit:

The pain…

Blood was my fav too.
But yes wat wilco said, unless you want narrative , Doom has better feel and feedback.
I prefer new Wolfenstein Story over UC series though, nothing can beat humping Anya while her panties hang and animate on her leg. Thats next gen of love making, Masseffect and Witcher aint got shit on Starbreeze pedigree. Smile

The way they presented German race , awesome.

Comments like Tim actually makes me want free Demo for all.
But again Tim watch the video above, if you like the action thats what it is, but the actual gameplay , you have to feeel. And Doom and Wolfenstein werent world apart back then.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/edge-of-twilight-return-to-glory#/

This is the only game i worked on way back, now back from the dead, still half dead.

Hopefully Rare nails something this year at E3,

Encore MiA too.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-05-12

PM

it is really nice game environment design.“Edge of Twilight - Return to Glory” super! visit ur link Smile

[url

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Pic is from other news, Rare pirate game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Edit:

The pain…

Well, the only megaton that can relive last year E3, not even Rdr2 or Agent could match.
Lots of tears and grudges here,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1221904&page=4

Lead ppl left, money making out of skins, l4d3 being first on Source2.

Forget it…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I mostly loved the first part of Wolfenstein. The “human enemies only” (well, apart from some dogs) episode.

Give me human enemies over monsters, aliens or whatnot any day.

That’s all this boils down to.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was similar: loved all the levels with only Nazis to kill, hated the levels with skeletons and ghosts and the likes.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 23 May 2016 07:10 AM

I mostly loved the first part of Wolfenstein. The “human enemies only” (well, apart from some dogs) episode.

Give me human enemies over monsters, aliens or whatnot any day.

That’s all this boils down to.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was similar: loved all the levels with only Nazis to kill, hated the levels with skeletons and ghosts and the likes.

You prefer theme over gameplay than yes Doom is Doom , with hellish freaks.
If you prefer humans get in Killzone series.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 23 May 2016 12:58 PM

The odd thing is that I get overly nervous and freak out easily in games with monsters, whereas I’m a huge horror movie fan. It’s just that when I’m in control, those games scare the crap out of me.

I also prefer it when shooters are set in the past, or at most in present day. No love for unrealistic BFGs.

Gameplay is still important, though, and where shooters are concerned, the thing that I’ll remember most is going to be level design.
Speaking of RtCW: that airfield level was the best. Clearing hangar by hangar until you reach the control tower, and once you complete the mission there, you get assaulted and need to hold the fort / break out. Brilliant level.

Best level design for any game ever made is still the first Max Payne, imo. That hangar filled with containers, that multi-story parking garage, the Matrix-inspired lobby… genius!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 24 May 2016 02:52 AM
nomadsoul - 23 May 2016 12:58 PM

The odd thing is that I get overly nervous and freak out easily in games with monsters, whereas I’m a huge horror movie fan. It’s just that when I’m in control, those games scare the crap out of me.

I also prefer it when shooters are set in the past, or at most in present day. No love for unrealistic BFGs.

Gameplay is still important, though, and where shooters are concerned, the thing that I’ll remember most is going to be level design.
Speaking of RtCW: that airfield level was the best. Clearing hangar by hangar until you reach the control tower, and once you complete the mission there, you get assaulted and need to hold the fort / break out. Brilliant level.

Best level design for any game ever made is still the first Max Payne, imo. That hangar filled with containers, that multi-story parking garage, the Matrix-inspired lobby… genius!

See if you can play Nolf on pc and get Perfectdark to run on n64 emulator on PC.
All humans.
Wink
Along those 2 my fav Fps games are,

Metro series,
Black ps2,
Killzone3,
CoD4MW,
Wolfenstein Tno,
Doom,
Blood Chosen,
Borderlands,
MetroidPrime,
Timesplitters,
Farcry2,
SoldierofFortune,
Breakdown.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well i want to play this, feels like greaaat AG, Dyack could actually throw out combat

Crysis engine doesnt look bad still.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top