• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quarterfinal 3 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Duck of Doom - 27 January 2015 12:24 PM

Grim Fandango
...obviously. The only thing speaking against it, is the risk of having to decide between Grim and GK in the next round!

Oh no, you’re right! And it’s the one Gabriel Knight, too, that I can’t instinctively place above Grim Fandango… Frown

Well, I guess since I haven’t played Tex or DotT, I’ll have to skip the next round of voting completely. And, kinda the finals, too, but I can pretty certainly say that GK or Grim Fandango would still be my favorites over either DotT or Tex, for so many reasons but most importantly because they have the best designs of all games I’ve played.

I really would’ve wanted a GK-GM final, rather than semifinal… Oh well, this system is 100% about the winner and nothing else.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

My vote goes to Grim Fandango, so excited to be replaying the remaster now on vita.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Iznogood - 27 January 2015 03:51 PM

And I must add, that even more difficult than pure comedy, is mixing comedy with a dramatic story.

There are plenty of funny games, but there are only very very few games that has managed this mix, and has succeeded in both being funny while at the same time telling a grand dramatic story. Most who has tried either fail at being funny, or end up being just funny and little else.

Exactly.  This is my favorite genre of not only games, but movies and TVs as well.  Things that be both deathly serious while also being very funny when they want to be.

Both Gabriel Knight and Grim Fandango I think very much qualify, while things that just explore the funny, light-hearted side of things feel kind of empty by comparison, from my perspective.  But to each their own.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bogi - 27 January 2015 02:43 PM

Advie, my man, from the first to the last letter in that post Wink

thank you Bogi, I think these forums will feel empty for a while after you are done with this tournament ..

but then what do I know maybe someone is cooking a quiz or something, darkeye? Cool

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 27 January 2015 02:28 PM

The fall of riven I consider a positive thing so gamers and above that developers to know that the most suffocticed (in a good way) ag would not weight much When considered a one time of a life experience , just like me not replaying it even after all those years which makes wonder if it’s that great why I never gotten into wanting to experience it again, what I mean is that the 10 millions and the super originality and the great polishing of the game can make one of the best AGs with just the ‘academic’ standards but still couldn’t push it to be manys fav ag, hope I made sense with this point regarding its very low English terms I used that makes it hard to be followed

p.s: I hate type using this ipad or tablets in general .
Confused

Well, that’s your personal opinon. I replay Riven almost every year and I love it each time much more. I simply love getting lost in such an excellent world. I believe it fell victim mostly to the extreme Myst hate in general and secondly to the luck of 1st person love which also killed other Top 10 games as well. After all, not everyone has the patience to finish a difficult game (or even trying). Certainly the worst and most heartbreaking result in this tournament IMO (along with Callahan’s).

P.S. What a coincidence!!I am also typing from my tablet right now! I hate it too!! Tongue

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 27 January 2015 10:26 PM

thank you Bogi, I think these forums will feel empty for a while after you are done with this tournament ..

but then what do I know maybe someone is cooking a quiz or something, darkeye? Cool

Hey, how did you know that Advie?Yes, I have a quiz ready to post(exactly I’ve got 3 of them), an easy one but a bit more mature themed, medium and the third one should be pretty challenging.Which of them is more appropriate for the beginning of new year?

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 28 January 2015 07:06 AM

Hey, how did you know that Advie?Yes, I have a quiz ready to post(exactly I’ve got 3 of them), an easy one but a bit more mature themed, medium and the third one should be pretty challenging.Which of them is more appropriate for the beginning of new year?

Kitchens one of them? I’d love to see your kitchen quiz.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Karlok - 28 January 2015 07:24 AM

Kitchens one of them? I’d love to see your kitchen quiz.  Cool

Sorry, no kitchens in there Karlok, but maybe someday…

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Grim Fandango by far

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Grim Fandango

I can’t believe BS even made it this far

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - 28 January 2015 07:06 AM
Advie - 27 January 2015 10:26 PM

nothin I just had some sorta a hunch

challenge me Darki

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 28 January 2015 04:25 PM

nothin I just had some sorta a hunch
challenge me Darki

O.K. but be careful what you wish for Crazy

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My VOTE:

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top