• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 25 July 2015 11:20 PM

Got in SFV beta after terrible servers hiatus, got disconnected after 15 mins.
But man , Capcom delivered again.
Would pay 60$ EASILY for just 10 characters, its so good.

@wilco

I want to try KQ ep1, before paying full for the whole season.
Do let me know if you find any link on PSN, for separate EP1 link.

Yeah having played it at E3, SFV is rad. Who is your favorite character so far? I really like Birdie, I think he is hilarious. I’m not too keen on Ken’s new hair style though.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 July 2015 11:20 PM
Tad - 26 July 2015 05:00 PM

Tembo the badass elephant has been getting some great reviews. Most around the 8 mark and many are saying it plays very much like an old Sonic game.

Downloading demo, lets see.

Not as fast as Sonic but it does remind of the old Sonic games where you have to slow down and balance your speed. However the level desing is more linear than ols Sonic games (at least in the first world).

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 26 July 2015 11:22 PM
nomadsoul - 25 July 2015 11:20 PM

Got in SFV beta after terrible servers hiatus, got disconnected after 15 mins.
But man , Capcom delivered again.
Would pay 60$ EASILY for just 10 characters, its so good.

@wilco

I want to try KQ ep1, before paying full for the whole season.
Do let me know if you find any link on PSN, for separate EP1 link.

Yeah having played it at E3, SFV is rad. Who is your favorite character so far? I really like Birdie, I think he is hilarious. I’m not too keen on Ken’s new hair style though.

Ryu felt right at home , till i got owned by Cammy and chunli, some really great players
of Chunli. Birdie was indeed a surprise and have unique movesets even with slow movements can keep oponents thinking.
Nash was slow, but his V moves compensates, i reckon he is for expert players.
Cammy was easy to pick and master, she was my best.
So , Cammy>Birdie>Ryu>Chunli.

I think Ken looks amazeballs. But its just style preference.

That elephant Tembo game is fun but nothing to loose shit over.
If anyone dropping $ for it , first finish Guacamelee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Square doesn’t stop announcing RPGs

Dragon Quest 11 announced for PS4, 3DS and NX. 2016 release in Japan. Who knows in the west…

Dragon Quest 10 also coming to PS4 and NX

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 28 July 2015 06:50 AM

Dragon Quest 11 announced for PS4, 3DS and NX. 2016 release in Japan. Who knows in the west…

Looks beautiful,

UE4, this and quick Bardstale4 video, gives me alot of faith for Shenmue3 and Japanese industry as a whole.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reveal on 5th August.

Hype!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

YES! I loved both Mafia games!!!!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

For those interested, The Swindle has been released:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_swindle
http://store.steampowered.com/app/369110/

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 28 July 2015 11:21 AM

YES! I loved both Mafia games!!!!

Next week gameplay reveals,

Scalebound,
Qbreak,
Crackdown,
Darksouls3,
Mafia3.

And hopefully some surprises like Mercurysteam new game.

Hype!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dragon Quest 8 is my favorite JRPG of all time. I really hope they can go back to that quality. Is the XBOX One not getting any love with DQ10 and DQ 11?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 July 2015 02:04 PM

Dragon Quest 8 is my favorite JRPG of all time. I really hope they can go back to that quality. Is the XBOX One not getting any love with DQ10 and DQ 11?

DQ8 is also one of my favorites!
About the Xbone, there are only about 10 people that own an Xbone (might be an exageration Smile ) in Japan and the series is not very successful in the west. I think there would be a bigger chance of a PC port than to be released on Xbox.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Lmao, I don’t know who runs the official Sonic twitter account, but they’ve been brilliant lately!

For those who don’t know, the CEO of SEGA came out not long ago and said they’ve learnt from Atlus and hope to regain the trust of gamers with more quality in their games in the future. A few podcasts etc talked about it. Kinda funny (Colin Moriarty) was clearly a Nintendo fanboy about it and GameTrailers said they haven’t made a good Sonic game since the Mega Drive days. Here’s “Sonic’s” reply:

XD

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Tad - 28 July 2015 02:43 PM

Lmao, I don’t know who runs the official Sonic twitter account, but they’ve been brilliant lately!

For those who don’t know, the CEO of SEGA came out not long ago and said they’ve learnt from Atlus and hope to regain the trust of gamers with more quality in their games in the future. A few podcasts etc talked about it. Kinda funny (Colin Moriarty) was clearly a Nintendo fanboy about it and GameTrailers said they haven’t made a good Sonic game since the Mega Drive days. Here’s “Sonic’s” reply:

XD

Cheeky! Tongue

Anyone going to gamescom (a.k.a. The Adventure Treff party) next week?

Daedalic will be showing a new project (hope it’s Poki’s new title), but there’s no hint of The Devil’s Men demo/interview. Frown

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/248400/Daedalic_at_Gamescom_2015.php

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

John Carpenter one of top fav directors , have interesting and eclectic taste in videogames. He plays variety of games which is a shame for casual gamers.
Surprised he mentioned, Murdered and RememberMe.
He loves doubling it down for Borderlands, as best game ever made.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/john-carpenter-s-top-5-games-of-2014/1100-5151/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130875-Halloween-Director-John-Carpenter-Names-His-Top-Six-Games-of-2013

He also loved Evilwithin, would have been great if Sony had shopped his talent for
UntillDawn’s DLC.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

lucebend - 28 July 2015 10:20 PM

Daedalic will be showing a new project (hope it’s Poki’s new title), but there’s no hint of The Devil’s Men demo/interview. Frown

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/248400/Daedalic_at_Gamescom_2015.php

That is weird, why no Devil’s Men? Hope it doesn’t mean any trouble in production.

nomadsoul - 29 July 2015 09:23 AM

John Carpenter one of top fav directors , have interesting and eclectic taste in videogames. He plays variety of games which is a shame for casual gamers.
Surprised he mentioned, Murdered and RememberMe.
He loves doubling it down for Borderlands, as best game ever made.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/john-carpenter-s-top-5-games-of-2014/1100-5151/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130875-Halloween-Director-John-Carpenter-Names-His-Top-Six-Games-of-2013

He also loved Evilwithin, would have been great if Sony had shopped his talent for
UntillDawn’s DLC.

His number 1 game of 2014 clearly shows he has excellent taste in games Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top