• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Definitely some tough choices to be made. But I had one priority for the entire episode (help Kate!) and just tried to make choices that least impacted her. And then the end (which was utterly brilliant and terrifying and heart-breaking all at the same time) I was worried it would be a “doesn’t matter what you choose” kind of situation i.e either she jumps, or she slips, especially as it seemed to take her so damn long to get off the ledge! Grrr. Wink And ultimately it may very well be futile if in the next three episodes, she dies anyway, but I’m glad to see that for the time being at least that I was able to save her.

The game’s still slow, still low-key, still incredibly intoxicating. Smile I love exploring this world and interacting with these characters and unlocking their stories. For me, the mystery plot and the tornado stuff are just side-bars; I’m definitely curious, but it’s just cool to hang out in this world.

Unlike Telltale games, I find myself very eager to replay these episodes at least once. I have two games running concurrently, though I’ve only finished ep 2 once thus far, but I’m thinking of starting a third game too soon.

Adore it.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m done. The hardest choice for me was whether to advise Kate to tell the police or not. Kind of messed up telling a young girl not to report being drugged and assaulted but notifying the authorities didn’t really help Max out in the first episode. It was this decision that led Kate to jump in my playthrough but I’ll just roll with that and see where it leads. Feels like cheating if I try to save her now.

At least I’ve got David out of the picture for a few days. What is with those dossiers at the end though? Is it related to The Vortex Club? Stuff like ‘The End of the World Party’ is a little too obvious to just be a coincidence. I’m also a little weary of Mr. Jefferson - he did let Kate just run off like that and didn’t seem to be much help if you tell him about Nathan. I’m not sure who to trust outside of Warren and Chloe.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

thejobloshow - 27 March 2015 06:40 PM

I’m done. The hardest choice for me [spoiler]was whether to advise Kate to tell the police or not. Kind of messed up telling a young girl not to report being drugged and assaulted but notifying the authorities didn’t really help Max out in the first episode. It was this decision that led Kate to jump in my playthrough but I’ll just roll with that and see where it leads. Feels like cheating if I try to save her now.

It’s not just a single decision or act that affect Kates outcome. I also told her not to alert the authorities but still managed to save her in the end.
I think the whole Kate arc was really well executed. Little stuff litle observing the father message and the Bible notes in her ended up playing an important part in the final part of the episode.

I blamed Nathan at the end. The guy is really annoying, but his family power will probably end up giving me some problems…

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I wasn’t too impressed with this episode. Chloe’s repeated “prove to me that you have powers!” stuff got old (meanwhile they’re completely ignoring the thing that made the ending of episode 1 so compelling—the impending tornado) and I spent an inordinate amount of time wandering around in that junkyard (like, more than an hour, looking for the items + trying to find Chloe again once I had them + trying to find her AGAIN at the end of the sequence, when she wasn’t where she should have been in what appears to be a bug).

Go find five bottles randomly scattered around this place so we can play a game you don’t even want to play—and then in the end they don’t even end up using all five? Feels like lazy “filler” gameplay.

There were points of the episode that I liked better but that middle sequence really dragged it down for me. I want to play again with different choices but I’m not sure I can force myself through that junkyard again.

I saved Kate, and pretty much everything I chose to do was to help Kate… which, looking at the stats at the end, seems like pretty much what everyone’s doing. (I meant to erase the link to the video off the mirror at the beginning but the game thinks I didn’t, maybe because rewinding mucked with that. But, 92% of people did erase it, which goes to show that trying to help Kate isn’t exactly a complicated decision for people.)

I did tell her not to go to the police, because I/Max knows at this point that telling authority what’s going on doesn’t help, so it was frustrating that I couldn’t then explain to her *why* I said that (e.g. I told an authority figure that Nathan had a gun and he called my parents and told them I’m a liar.) But I do wish the Kate thing was a bit more complex. The choices would be more interesting if her responsibility in the incident was more in question.

Also I’m really annoyed at the principal repeatedly calling Max a liar about Nathan and the gun. This is a serious issue. I don’t think an administrator would react the way he did, and it’s problematic to depict that way. Not a good message for any kid playing this game who’s actually in that situation and trying to decide what to do about it. Not that I think games have a moral responsibility and always need to give the “right” message, but there’s something about the very black and white way it’s being handled here that feels wrong.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Aww. What a shame. I really liked the episode. Including the junkyard fetch quest, just coz it gave me an excuse to settle down and explore. I didn’t find it anywhere near as frustrating as others have; you just have to be thorough. I like exploring this world. And I really, really do recommend a second play through with different choices.

And I was deeply affected by the ending. Still different strokes and all that.

But I would love to hear others opinions

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just a little bonus, the developers took the time to create the link - katesvid

I liked the junkyard scene, felt good to just explore the surroundings and each bottle had a bit of story - rachel and chloe hideout, ghost deer, Max just chilling and thinking, etc.
But my favorite scene of the episode was probably the dinner - showing Chloe that the powers were real.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I agree with fov. I didn’t enjoy this episode as much as the first one. I really didn’t like the junkyard and basically most of the time spent with Chloe.

I saved Kate by making every choices to help her. I do regret not taking a photo of David bullying her. The scene on the roof could have a lot more impact but I found the dialogue rather groan-worthy and that prevented me from really connecting with the scene.

Somehow the first episode felt fresh and interesting whereas this episode feels much less interesting and with more fillers (the junkyard scene again).

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I feel the same way about the series as I did after the first episode.  I like it.  It’s not blowing my mind though.

But the dialogue did feel less clunky to me in this one than it did in the first episode, so that was something.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Oops Kate went splat! How do I stop this?!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

aaroncarney - 31 March 2015 06:52 PM

Erase link from bathroom mirror
Tell her to talk to the police in her room
See that her father supports her in some postcard in her room
Read bible passages in her room
Answer the phone when she calls
And Choose the right answers in the roof

I think that’s it but I may be forgetting something

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Well… I didn’t erase the ink from the mirror (I meant to, but the choices screen at the end says I didn’t), read bible passages, or tell her to talk to the police, but I still saved her.

I actually don’t remember anything about bible passages coming up on the roof, but I read something about this in a review, too. I wonder if the questions are somewhat randomized? I did get the question about who cares about her, and knew to pick the father because I read the postcard in her room. I don’t remember all the other questions. If I did get the bible verse one I must have guessed it right.

I wonder if actions from episode 1 play into this? In the first episode I erased what was written on the whiteboard outside her room (again without meaning to, I didn’t even see what was written on it at first…)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You don’t need to have them all (I also didn’t tell her to talk to the police). I was just enumerating the things that are referenced at the ending talk with Kate. Have no idea what really influences it. It’s probably a mix of having some of them “right” and choosing the correct answers.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

You get the questions about who cares about her the most and the bible passage only if you’ve read those items in her room.  If you didn’t take the time to learn about either of those things, I get the impression that it’s pretty hard to keep her alive.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/life-strange-official-merchandise

SE having a little of April Fool fun

This reminds me that I think I forgot to water the plant in Ep 2 Neutral

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

wilco - 31 March 2015 07:58 PM
aaroncarney - 31 March 2015 06:52 PM

Erase link from bathroom mirror
Tell her to talk to the police in her room
See that her father supports her in some postcard in her room
Read bible passages in her room
Answer the phone when she calls
And Choose the right answers in the roof

I think that’s it but I may be forgetting something

I’m pretty sure I did all of that, except tell her to go the police. A few people have already mentioned that it was still possible to save her without telling her to call the police. I guess it was down to what I said to her on the roof and “who cares about her”, god damn i wish i remember what I said to her.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top