• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the Witcher 3 - around 50h mark, still had lots more to explore but wanted to see how it ended. I’ll reserve the rest to when the DLC is over for a second playthrough.
I will need to play again in more difficult setting. I wasn’t playing the easiest but at some time when I was reaching level 20, I must have done too many side quests, because I was destroying every enemy until the end without many preparation… I think I died more times from falls than in battles. Combat is no Bloodborne, its still a bit clunky but I think a step above Witcher 2.
Other than that the game was brilliant - world building and exploration, main quest and a lot of side quests, all the great characters and dialogues - some of the best I’ve seen in the genre. The new landmark in open-world RPGs.
And that ending… So good…

@nomad
What you got at the ending?
Got the Nilfgaard conquers the North but Vizima is restored, Cirilla witcher and Geralt going away with Yen for happy days. I think it’s the best possible outcome.
Now I want Witcher 4 starring Cirilla

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 July 2015 05:39 PM

I finished the Witcher 3 - around 50h mark, still had lots more to explore but wanted to see how it ended. I’ll reserve the rest to when the DLC is over for a second playthrough.
I will need to play again in more difficult setting. I wasn’t playing the easiest but at some time when I was reaching level 20, I must have done too many side quests, because I was destroying every enemy until the end without many preparation… I think I died more times from falls than in battles. Combat is no Bloodborne, its still a bit clunky but I think a step above Witcher 2.
Other than that the game was brilliant - world building and exploration, main quest and a lot of side quests, all the great characters and dialogues - some of the best I’ve seen in the genre. The new landmark in open-world RPGs.
And that ending… So good…

@nomad
What you got at the ending?
Got the Nilfgaard conquers the North but Vizima is restored, Cirilla witcher and Geralt going away with Yen for happy days. I think it’s the best possible outcome.
Now I want Witcher 4 starring Cirilla

Yeah Ciri survived and i got the badass witcher sword for her, but on the politics side, i let Radovid live, and Emhyr got pwned by him, witches on hitlist and thanks to threesome with Triss and Yen, neither got with me in the end cutscene.
Ciri is obvious lead but her powers are too badass to be made into a lead, now after ending battle, she can rekt anyone. Did you get Letho, i really liked his role in this, much better VA, also his questline, and his help in the Morhen battle.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 05:59 PM

Yeah Ciri survived and i got the badass witcher sword for her, but on the politics side, i let Radovid live, and Emhyr got pwned by him, witches on hitlist and thanks to threesome with Triss and Yen, neither got with me in the end cutscene.
Ciri is obvious lead but her powers are too badass to be made into a lead, now after ending battle, she can rekt anyone. Did you get Letho, i really liked his role in this, much better VA, also his questline, and his help in the Morhen battle.

Radovid signed his death sentence when he started messing with sorcerers but I had a feeling he was the only one stoping Emhyr. And about Ciri, they could use the “depowered by ending the White Frost” for excuse to kill her powers. Didn’t see Letho, probably didn’t still haven’t seen a lot of stuff. Lambert was also a cool character. The drunk scene with the other witchers in Kaer Morhen was great.

but

nomadsoul - 05 July 2015 05:59 PM

thanks to threesome with Triss and Yen

Whhhaaaaat? I’ve got to see that lol. Edit: Ok, I’ve seen the video, hilarious Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dust: An Elysian Tail

I recently played this game because I had it for free on PS Plus, and it slipped by me the time it came out. Wow was I surprised. It is a very touching and nice story, with amazing graphics, and super fun gameplay. You play as Dust, the bunny like creature who wakes up not knowing who he is. During the course of the game, you unravel the secret to Dust’s identity. Dust has a sidekick called Fidget, who assists in combat as well as provides the hilarious comic relief. The game plays like a Metroid game, where you go through side scrolling levels, fighting waves of enemies, jumping around obstacles, unlocking hidden treasures, and solving side quests. Like Metroid, you pass through certain areas in levels without acquiring access to them till you earn an ability to do so later on, which encourages revisiting levels to open up the new areas.

The fighting is very solid and unique, with Dust’s signature dust storm move. Dust can rotate his sword at ultra high speed, and Fidget throws in projectiles, to create a “storm” of projectiles that is super powerful. The particle effects for that are breathtaking, and you can build more than 1000 hit combos with this technique.
You can also upgrade your character’s stats as you level up, craft items from materials and blue prints that you find, and find hidden “friends” from other famous indie games. These portions for finding friends arre nothing but brilliant. I won’t say much here to avoid spoilers, but let me just say that it is a love tribute to all the great indie games that came before it.

Graphically, the game is superb. The lovely 2D animation, characters, and weather effects make this game feel more like a AAA title rather than a game created by one person.

Overall, Dust has heart. The developer has a deep love for games, and it shows in every aspect of the game. It is a very entertaining experience, with a touching story, solid gameplay and amazing visuals.

5/5

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MarioKart 8

Need to vomit, play this.Shit music and simple gameplay with same mario verse shenanigans.

Puke/5

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 06 August 2015 04:25 PM

MarioKart 8

Need to vomit, play this.Shit music and simple gameplay with same mario verse shenanigans.

Puke/5

You feel the same about all the previous incarnations, don’t you? Why bother, then? They haven’t changed their formula for Mario Kart at all throughout all 8 iterations…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s not Super Mario Kart (Your first Mario Kart game is always the best), but it is universally praised as being a decent edition.

But it’s not for everyone.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Since we are talking about games that don’t change much

Assassin’s Creed Unity

Finally finished last week after giving up at launch with all the bugs and companion mobile stuff. Game is much smoother and chests and missions are all available but it’s still is a bad entry in the series:

Positive
- Amazing detail of the city, huge crowds, Paris buildings
- Actually going inside buildings, palaces.
- Parkour gameplay is better with the designed button for going down
- Investigation side missions were cool, Sherlock Holmes-like - talk to suspects, investigate evidence and try to point the right target. I thought they well implemented.
- Main assassination missions were better than last games, more freedom to tackle how you want to do it and different options. Going completely stealth was not necessary like always but was more satisfying

Negative
- Combat, combat, combat. They changed it managed to make it even worse. Terribly simplistic…. Drop a smoke bomb and kill 5 guards in a row… I only died when I fell asleep
- Too much side stuff because most of it was terrible. Paris story missions were mostly boring, small assassinations extremely limited and easy, tons and tons of chests.
- Nothing like the awesome boat stuff in AC4
- Paris was beautiful but environment was too repetitive.
- Story started interesting but by the end I had no idea what was going on and didn’t care. Terrible protagonist, sister was better
- Some co-op moments were ok but it wasn’t really necessary most of the times

In the end it was a chore to play and only the investigation missions and good looks of the Paris city saved it. I thought it’s the worst game in the main series along with Revelations. The anual release schedule of course is not going to help the series and it will probably reflect in the sales this year…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Lucien21 - 06 August 2015 05:09 PM

It’s not Super Mario Kart (Your first Mario Kart game is always the best), but it is universally praised as being a decent edition.

I found SEGA All Stars Racing Transform far superior personally. Learning to handle each kart was rewarded, the levels were fun and there’s loads more of them and to do in general. It’s not a series they should make every year, but I really hope SEGA make more of them every now and then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 06 August 2015 06:49 PM
Lucien21 - 06 August 2015 05:09 PM

I found SEGA All Stars Racing Transform far superior personally. Learning to handle each kart was rewarded, the levels were fun and there’s loads more of them and to do in general. It’s not a series they should make every year, but I really hope SEGA make more of them every now and then.

Agree, that had fun tracks , also Diddykongracing and thats my contention with MK8.
Its simple, with Daisy pink car i won all grandpix without drift and , damn the tracks were so bad, even though they put alot of them. Zero innovation.
To make it all worse crap music.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Arkham Knight

Objectively the sales helped PS4 dominate PC version.
Subjectively i have to admit PC players didnt loose much.

This game is atrocious thanks to Director who kicked out Pauldini(writer of first 2 Arkham games and Animated series, also who created HarleyQuinn) and he also felt that Batmobile is fun to play.
It started good, with grand scale and whatnot, but mostly same villains , gradually you start feeling they are rehashing same Arkhamcity plot with HugoStrange replaced by Scarecrow, and filler chase story of ArkhamKnight whose identity was revealed through DLC.
Meanwhile, he thought putting Joker back in some form will be a good idea, while bringing Penguin and Twoface in douche roles.
But wait , there is Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing too, who will assist or warrant to be rescued as another excuse for padding.
Oh you want Riddler challenges, xyz challenges, well all challenges are here.
Same game , same formula with added torture of Batmobile.

Batmobile puzzles are good, but it can do only few things which you explore in first 2 hours, then its repeated stuff, worst of all are same drone fights again and again and again.
You can’t roam streets freely because you know same drones, same skin, same pattern, just a little more, so get in Batmobile.

You can easily glide your way through city on the double, so the purpose of driving around to reach objective markers is useless, not to mention you will come across same drones on streets.

There is plenty of other useless stuff, like i came across Azrael and instead of some good mission, you get to play as him in same challenge type missions.

Verdict

Keep away, unless you are hardcore fan of Batman or you can get it cheap or if you love fatigue of Ubisoft games yearly.
Its similar kind of cashin.

6/10 Thumbs Up

Disappointment

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I agree with you. I reached half way through the game, and put it aside because I am finding it difficult to have fun playing the game. I loved Arkham Asylum the most, and liked Arkham City, but this one is definitely my least favorite.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 October 2015 02:02 PM

I agree with you. I reached half way through the game, and put it aside because I am finding it difficult to have fun playing the game. I loved Arkham Asylum the most, and liked Arkham City, but this one is definitely my least favorite.

Even Origins was better, atleast that nailed Cinematic Bossfights.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2015-10-11

PM

SEGA All Stars Racing Transform

I still love this game. No other game lets me race as Ulala.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-06-18

PM

Danknificent - 11 October 2015 08:26 PM

SEGA All Stars Racing Transform

I still love this game. No other game lets me race as Ulala.

This game is not easy to play.How much time you spent to finish it ?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top