• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

In the Love of Roberta Williams

Poll: The biggest hit for Roberta Williams
Total Votes: 94
King’s Quest I: Quest for the Crown
King’s Quest II: Romancing the Throne
King’s Quest III: To Heir Is Human
King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
King’s Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Shivers
Laura Bow: The Colonel’s Bequest
Laura Bow in The Dagger of Amon Ra
Phantasmagoria 1

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nice interview!! I missed or forgotten about Wink

good point , I never gave up hope tho

man! there were never any female prophets in history, so that I would love to give her that title, the 1st female prophet ;P

yeah, yeaeh ..the fanboy talk Cool

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 30 September 2014 07:36 PM

man! there were never any female prophets in history,

No? Maybe not in the Islam.
How about Cassandra.  Innocent
Or the pythia of Delphi.
Or Miriam, or…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 30 September 2014 09:35 PM
Advie - 30 September 2014 07:36 PM

man! there were never any female prophets in history,

No? Maybe not in the Islam.
How about Cassandra.  Innocent
Or the pythia of Delphi.
Or Miriam, or…

Oh, I didn’t know, but know we can put Roberta next to Miriam Grin
but I know that a prophet comes with a book or religion/message , those are more like (..you know) holy people, but not to the extend of prophets ??

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ayn Rand has served as a prophet for many in the past 2 centuries. Although I wouldn’t dare to compare them. Roberta and Rand are like heaven and earth.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 30 September 2014 10:34 PM

Ayn Rand has served as a prophet for many in the past 2 centuries. Although I wouldn’t dare to compare them. Roberta and Rand are like heaven and earth.

Ayn Rand a prophet… suddenly I feel cold. Frown I take it you’re a follower, but don’t you think Rand herself would hate to be called a prophet?

I met her lover Nathaniel Branden once. He called me darling and I was young enough to feel flattered. Until I realized he did that when he couldn’t remember your name.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Karlok - 01 October 2014 05:27 AM

Ayn Rand a prophet… suddenly I feel cold. Frown I take it you’re a follower, but don’t you think Rand herself would hate to be called a prophet?

I met her lover Nathaniel Branden once. He called me darling and I was young enough to feel flattered. Until I realized he did that when he couldn’t remember your name.

Haha, sorry to hear that Smile No, I’m not a follower. I don’t even share most of her views. But a lot of people do. Those few books of hers had a large impact on people’s minds, especially libertarians and American higher classes.

You can even say that modern entertainment industry (including video games) follows Rand’s philosophy pretty closely. Now Roberta associates with old school, when games were not all about enormous sales numbers and “effective management”, even though Sierra messed it all up by the middle of 1990s.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This dicussion has taken a pretty odd turn. Though Advie contemplating a church of Roberta shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Good thing that recent events in the World completely obliterated her views and philosophical ideas.

That reasoning is the death for any kind of true art and beauty, which can be perfectly seen in the gaming industry of the last 15 or so years.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bogi - 01 October 2014 06:31 AM

That reasoning is the death for any kind of true art and beauty, which can be perfectly seen in the gaming industry of the last 15 or so years.

Heart  .. that is very well sums it all!!

tomimt - 01 October 2014 06:30 AM

This discussion has taken a pretty odd turn. Though Advie contemplating a church of Roberta shouldn’t come as a surprise.

I don’t need to visit churches to worship her, I can do it at/from home Smile

And now guess who??

Image Attachments

10411902_1464719787129617_8813346441948962016_n.jpg

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Roberta really needs a second coming Smile

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

I also love Roberta and her work.

She understood how to make games fun and exciting, though sometimes the technology of the day didn’t let her do everything she wanted. I love her games’ mix of innocence and unforgiving death.

In KQ6 Jane Jensen brought melodrama and too much seriousness to the script. Didn’t feel right. I also disliked much of the dialogue Jensen gave Alexander. Made him sound like a goofus.

Give me KQ4 lightness and “not in that dress, Rosella!” any day over the serious, stiff KQ6 script.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

KQ6 does have a pretty odd script. At places it’s far too childish, at places far too serious and grim. I do like it as a game, but the script does feel like it’s two different stories, meant for entirely different games, meshed up together, which leads into some issues with the tone of the game.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

I also love Josh Mandel’s work on the KQ1 remake. That script has a light, witty touch. Reminds me of the dialogue from Jones in the Fast Lane, another favorite of mine. The silly, clever stuff that doesn’t take itself seriously is what I think of when I think of classic Sierra.

Anyway, I will be forever grateful to Roberta Williams for her numerous contributions. Had it not been for her and the talented people at Sierra, this site wouldn’t be in existence in the form it is today.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Just Sharing

(The Game Awards 2014)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top