• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 24 May 2016 09:44 AM
Thorn - 24 May 2016 08:45 AM

I just saw the trailer and loved everything about it… Except one thing.

There’s a doctor tying Kate to a chair, all the while Kate is stripped of her regular gear and given a top with sideboob. Of course, this leads to the camera to focus on said sideboob in cutscenes.

Kate Walker is one of the few heroines I truly looked up to as a kid, and I find it a bit disrespectful to treat her like that. I don’t want to see her breasts, especially not when she’s being restrained.

How much is it to ask for to give your main character a top that covers her breasts when she’s in an insane asylum?

It’s creepy. Cry

Revealing booty is part of her journey which is not bed of roses.
Infact they should start the game with her Shower scene in Newyork, enjoying breakfast only to realize later its just a dream of her past.

In other words she is past her old character, new frontiers new reveals.

I’m sure she is going to play volleyball at some point.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

There’s a doctor tying Kate to a chair, all the while Kate is stripped of her regular gear and given a top with sideboob. Of course, this leads to the camera to focus on said sideboob in cutscenes.

Kate Walker is one of the few heroines I truly looked up to as a kid, and I find it a bit disrespectful to treat her like that. I don’t want to see her breasts, especially not when she’s being restrained.

How much is it to ask for to give your main character a top that covers her breasts when she’s in an insane asylum?

It’s creepy. Cry

Disrespectful? Just because it is seen a little of her breasts? Uh? She’s not a nun after all, she is an independent woman, I personally see nothing wrong in the fact that we see a little of her female parts. Saving the differences it remember me of those people who get “offended” if they see a woman breastfeeding her child in a public square becasue they consider that as a lack of respect that should not be done.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

Renacimiento - 24 May 2016 10:28 AM

It’s creepy. Cry

Disrespectful? Just because it is seen a little of her breasts? Uh? She’s not a nun after all, she is an independent woman

My point was that it’s while she’s being tied up in a chair, so no, she’s not completely independent at that point—she even looks around her groggily. I’m totally for sexual freedom, but given the context there’s no freedom involved.

I am rubber, you are glue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thorn - 24 May 2016 10:30 AM

My point was that it’s while she’s being tied up in a chair, so no, she’s not completely independent at that point—she even looks around her groggily. I’m totally for sexual freedom, but given the context there’s no freedom involved.

We don’t really know the context here but it’s pretty common for an asylum to not care about what to wear. Who is going to look at breasts when they are watching a woman being strapped to chair for therapy or whatever?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

wilco - 24 May 2016 10:37 AM

We don’t really know the context here but it’s pretty common for an asylum to not care about what to wear. Who is going to look at breasts when they are watching a woman being strapped to chair for therapy or whatever?

If you looked at the images I posted then I as a player currently am due to the camera angles.

We can agree to disagree here, but I for one am really disappointed in the designer’s clothing choice. There’s way too much sexualisation going on with mental health care in general that I’d rather not see Kate Walker be subjected to it.

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 24 May 2016 09:53 AM
nomadsoul - 24 May 2016 09:44 AM

It’s creepy. Cry

Revealing booty is part of her journey which is not bed of roses.
Infact they should start the game with her Shower scene in Newyork, enjoying breakfast only to realize later its just a dream of her past.

In other words she is past her old character, new frontiers new reveals.

I’m sure she is going to play volleyball at some point.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thorn - 24 May 2016 10:43 AM
wilco - 24 May 2016 10:37 AM

If you looked at the images I posted then I as a player currently am due to the camera angles.

We can agree to disagree here, but I for one am really disappointed in the designer’s clothing choice. There’s way too much sexualisation going on with mental health care in general that I’d rather not see Kate Walker be subjected to it.

rtrooney - 21 May 2016 07:57 PM

When this game appears in December I can already see a dichotomy of viewpoints. One side will complain that the new vision of Syberia does not conform to the nostalgic view that they were expecting.

As i said, Dichotomy dont have to wait for Dec, we can argue now about Kate Booty in new vs old games.

Sideboob is sexualization?
Topless females for gender equality is must.
Free the nipple.

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

nomadsoul - 24 May 2016 10:48 AM

Free the nipple.

Amen.

~

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 May 2016 10:48 AM

Free the nipple.

go play larry

but mumsy, No!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, the thread as taken a turn now

Oscar approves:

Kate wants to go back to New York
[img]
[/img]

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

What the hell is Larry doing here? hahah.. It’s a shitty game and Larry as character is an idiot who treats women as mere objects. Don’t think anyone here adhere to this line of thought so obtuse thank God.

~

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Renacimiento - 24 May 2016 04:56 PM

What the hell is Larry doing here? hahah.. It’s a shitty game and Larry as character is an idiot who treats women as mere objects. Don’t think anyone here adhere to this line of thought so obtuse thank God.

Yeah that toony boobs has no place in this Mature style world od Syberia.
Larry felt like juvenile fan service with bad art.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Well this thread has sunk to a whole new level (and managed to go off-topic too). Can we get back to (sensibly) discussing Syberia 3 please?

Thanks

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

feels good now with Syberia3 on my wishlist Cool
http://store.steampowered.com/app/464340

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Would Syberia3 has achieved any success on KS , what target can you guess would have been feasible, 2 million 3 million or 800k?
Why Sokal never opted for KS?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top