• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 01 July 2016 05:48 PM

Who is the mysterious chillin’ guy? Google acts stupid and comes up with the best guesses male, person and suitPan

He is Matthew Mcconaughey in the movie set for The Dark Tower

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 01 July 2016 05:52 PM

He is Matthew Mcconaughey in the movie set for The Dark Tower

good resemblance eh?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

lol that disturbing smile was your avatar for a while. I distinctly remember.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 01 July 2016 08:00 PM

lol that disturbing smile was your avatar for a while. I distinctly remember.

hehe gotch me!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shiiieeeeeeet

Brutal

Savage

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

we need to make a stand… a revolution! to stop Marek from selling us to our enemies

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

a short tale

A song of mine and a bit of a story behind :-

back in 1997 we/me and the band (Cartoon KillerZ) released an album that later on (we) discovered that it was the first of its kind here in Egypt for/at 2 aspects; 1.A Rock Egyptian band, 2. Singing (that rock sound) in an un-native language .

This song -(If) Only Fate Was fair- at the process of releasing was refused by the Supervisory/Control-arts-committee upon reading the song translation.
the issue was with the word -IF Only Fate was Fair-.. because they considered it wrong/unaccepted here at Egypt, as Islam oblige that no one should doubt fate; fate was considered god (him)self (not only the will of god) due to the interpretation of our government legislative book of rules(..constitution), which leans (at this) over a verse of the Quran that forbids such manner, but this song was (to us) very important; one of the two major hints of the album, so… we had to go on tricking them (foolishly) by removing the word IF and therefore the song becomes -Only Fate was Fair- Smile, adding to this a trick (another); of remixing the vocal track; and the word -IF- is not really audible .

Interesting story, eh?
please ‘Take Into Account’ that i am Muslim and it would hurt me to hear inappropriate attack towards Islam here, even/tho i do have my reservations over many ( wrong)interpretations/understandings used by many people and ... foundations.

Thanks for consideration

Edit: i am not sure if/why myspace page is working today, sometimes this happens (there), seems no one cares about MySpace anymore, the link below is a converted/recorded audio directly from the tape/cassette (bad quality) but might do until the MySpace links works .

Jump to 40:41 to hear the track.
https://soundcloud.com/abol-3omad-tm/cartoon-killers-tomorrows

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Which verse in question?
Didnt know Egypt was that conservative.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 12 July 2016 06:27 PM

Which verse in question?
Didnt know Egypt was that conservative.

but indeed, it’s not.
as i said above it was because of the constitution, which is not the Quran (itself) like at Saudi. but tho at some aspect it just seems to lean over it (as we are a Muslim Country afterall), therefore the constitution can rely on the 1st foundation of Islam in the history ‘Al-Azahar’ (founded in Egypt) and its interpretation, which is considered to be the most modest Islamic foundation in the world, that even gets (first hand) to supervise all the Islamic content at Hollywood Movies (for example among many other world wide matters).

so the point is, it follows the spirit* of the book and not the book itself, so when it comes to an indie band like us, with no kinda producer (certified or even close) they could be an ass and complicate things out of the safety of being blamed or questioned by the people/press/media..etc, in other word it (the song as it is) could have passed if we had some earlier work/famous-name or a familiar producer behind us, or even if it was later on when we were more mature to push the matter to a higher level of counseling, but thats how it was, and how young and inexperienced we were, not to mention how excited to make record happen anyhow, anyway to push it into the market as fast to get it to be listened to (helping us into our concerts and gigs)

and to answer your q more straight, there is no such a solid/straight verse that could imply this as i had studied the Quran quite well for just a certain Muslim individual like i, but the whole thing comes from the interpretations of many verses which could imply such power for the word; Fate, Destiny, Ka, with several interpretations that could easily (as i said above) have had supported our case in a flexible way that suits a wanna be secular* country like Egypt.

Hope this quite answers your question, Nomad, without the need to get into taking the post into some deep religious talk (sharing verses and interpretations) Smile Heart

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Anybody following the Tour de France?

Man, Peter Sagan is a beast! Gasp

Nobody can challenge him for the green. Nobody!
He’s on the offense in almost every stage, and he’s always there for the final sprint.
A windy stage like today, and he destroys the peloton.

And he’s a carefree guy outside of the race, constantly joking, generally having fun.
Best thing to happen to cycling in years! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Since its phenomena now, lets not hijack Tim’s thread, i will put it here

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/man-turns-himself-in-accidently-after-walking-to-police-station-pokestop/

Not surprised with surveillance stuff, must read

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/07/the-cias-pokemon-go-app-is-doing-what-the-patriot-act-cant.html

I like the term Matrix Economy

Social engineering is so easy nowadays…

robbers using it to lure, got me…

Its not just the variety of cases, its the speed at which these are popping up

Pokemon go could use separate section in newspapers for daily dose of strange stories
like craiglist or Florida man.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Starting to read it this Summer, Advie, have a long way in front of me, hopefully to finish it before the movie is out

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Here mine. All 8 books in a neat little row.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

NEAT Lucien!, I am a mess and i know it.
but i have the 8 books, its just they (the rest) are at my parent’s.

Wilco, even if you couldnt finish the series before Feb-2017, Book one (The Gunslinger) will gather as much as you need to know about the movie, it won’t deal much with the rest.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top