• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

And Suarez puts Barcelona 2-1 up….great match.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

One of the best finals ever. Both the teams and the game.

That picture with Pirlo and Xavi hugging… If only they had also exchanged shirts Smile

So happy for Xavi, so sad for Buffon and Pirlo.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Barça won has expected but Juve put up a great fight. Excellent match!

UPtimist - 06 June 2015 05:25 PM

One of the best finals ever. Both the teams and the game.

That picture with Pirlo and Xavi hugging… If only they had also exchanged shirts Smile

So happy for Xavi, so sad for Buffon and Pirlo.

I agree, great final. was hoping for a Juve win for Pirlo and Buffon…

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-02-20

PM

Who do you think is going to win the women’s soccer world cup? The US, Brazil and Germany are the favorites in my opinion

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddently you are doing the impossible.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Germany again, imo.
Although the US are strong contenders too.

I don’t think there’ll be an upset like Japan four years ago this time.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Portugal lost today the European sub-21 champioship final to Sweden in the penalties.
It was a harsh ending to a magnificient campaign. In 15 games they won 12 and tied 3, (and beat Germany 5-0 in the semi-final! Tongue ), really proud of our youngsters and showing the future might be bright in a post CR7 era.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 19 June 2015 02:22 PM

Germany again, imo.
Although the US are strong contenders too.

I don’t think there’ll be an upset like Japan four years ago this time.

You were saying?
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/6/30/8873247/usa-germany-2015-womens-world-cup-live-updates-score-results

Go team USA Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2015 11:16 PM

You were saying?
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/6/30/8873247/usa-germany-2015-womens-world-cup-live-updates-score-results

Go team USA Smile

Winner of the Germany-USA semi-final wins the tournament, imo.

So, yeah, go team USA! Cool

That semi-final should have been the final. Lousy bracket draw. Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am a huge football fan. Barcelona is my all-time favourite club, watch every of their games. Other clubs I support are Man U and Galatasaray.

Currently I am watching Copa America, meaning I have to stay up until 3:00 am to watch the games. The final will be played on Saturday Argentina - Chile. Go Messi!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, the Women’s World Cup is getting more news coverage than the Copa America here. They’re even broadcasting the semi-finals and finals live for the Women’s World Cup. Copa America just gets a short highlights clip in the news. Cool

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 01 July 2015 02:43 PM

I am a huge football fan. Barcelona is my all-time favourite club, watch every of their games. Other clubs I support are Man U and Galatasaray.

Currently I am watching Copa America, meaning I have to stay up until 3:00 am to watch the games. The final will be played on Saturday Argentina - Chile. Go Messi!

Been watching that too. Argentina is stylin, much better team than all the others.
But Chile is the home team the final might be interesting.

I switch to Womens Cup at halftime since the games are almost the same time. Germany was robbed yesterday, never a penalty the first USA goal. But that’s football Smile

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2015 03:48 PM

Heh, the Women’s World Cup is getting more news coverage than the Copa America here. They’re even broadcasting the semi-finals and finals live for the Women’s World Cup. Copa America just gets a short highlights clip in the news. Cool

Honestly I always thought that women’s football only in the US was more popular than men’s football.

wilco - 01 July 2015 04:49 PM

Been watching that too. Argentina is stylin, much better team than all the others.
But Chile is the home team the final might be interesting.

Yes, Argentina has a better team, but the home team has been being benefited by the referees, I hope that none of this is seen in the final.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

WTH? Japan beat England with an own goal in the 90th minute. That’s harsh

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2015 03:48 PM

Same here. Some of the women’s games get live broadcasts here. I have to watch Copa America through my laptop.

Imo Argentina is going to take it. When it comes to individual players they’re better, yet Chile plays better as a team. However, I feel that Argentina found its groove and grew a bit during the season so they might be strong enough to take the final.
Messi really wants it bad and I think he’s going to make the difference giving his everything.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So Chile ended up winning the Cup in the penalties. Harsh but deserved since they totally controlled the game. Messi was nowhere to be found since Chile did a great job on stoping him and the rest of the Argentina team was disappointing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top