• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 22 July 2014 04:56 PM

So, Brazil has a new head coach: Dunga. In a few yers, after Dunga, they’ll probably go for the experience of Luiz Felipe Scolari.

That’s a weird decision, didn’t they kick him out after South Africa?

Meanwhile Real Madrid paid another boatload of money for James Rodriguez. Gotta catch them all I guess…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 22 July 2014 05:28 PM

Meanwhile Real Madrid paid another boatload of money for James Rodriguez. Gotta catch them all I guess…

While hundreds of millions in debt. Appalling.
If Real Madrid (or Barcelona with their similar debt and 90 mil purchase of Suarez) were a Belgian team, their financial state would earn them an immediate relegation to the Third Division. But in Spain that’s allowed. Shifty Eyed

And yes, the Premier League isn’t much better.
Bundesliga FTW, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Our captain Philipp Lahm has retired from the national team. Frown

He is only 30 years old, so nobody in Germany expected that to happen. However, Lahm had 10 great years in the national team (4 as the captain), and I totally respect his decision.

His departure will be a great loss for the German team. We have an incredible amount of young talents on nearly every position (especially in the midfield), but Lahm was really our only excellent full-back. Right now it seems like it will be impossible to replace Lahm. We’ll see.

In any case I’m very glad that such an outstanding player was able to end his career for the national team like this. Please focus on winning the Champions League for Bayern Munich again from now on, Philipp Lahm!!! Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think Lahm will now be missing out on a European Cup victory and another World Cup victory. It’s four years too soon to retire from international football, his best years are NOW, not in the past…
Having said that, I’m confident the German side have enough class defenders to cover this loss.

If only Mertesacker had retired instead. That guy’s useless. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Of course, sometimes people “retire” and then after a couple years the coach pleads for them to come back and they do.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

TimovieMan - 23 July 2014 08:01 AM

If only Mertesacker had retired instead. That guy’s useless. Tongue

I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about him. I’m not exactly the biggest fan of him as a player. On the other hand, I feel like he is one of the nicest and coolest people in the national team, who is good for the team spirit (even if he doesen’t play) so I’m always trying to focus on my hard feelings against Höwedes instead. Wink

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Neuer against Gibraltar Grin Another joke is that Gibraltar is better than Brazil - they lost only 4:0 against Germany!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

We have still to play Gibraltar in the group, but we beat the Republic of Ireland at home over the weekend so are currently on the same points a Germany.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, Scotland is dramatically better team than 3-5… years ago. Actually, this whole 2016 qualis are with the most surprises yet, although it’s still to be seen which team will win the place on Euro.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

How about this?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! that last shot, marvelous!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

Derby 1 Nottingham Forest 2
Forest are the team that i support, have done so for the last 60 years, they are most famous for having Brian Clough as their manager for years, why he was never given the job of managing England i will never know, like Harry Rednapp he should be the manager of England
anyway back to the game it was the local team really that should have won was they played better, but at the end of the day it is goals that matter and the winning goal came right on 90mins
sorry Derby better luck next time

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh my lord, these semifinals. Amazing games, beautiful football and my dream final. Incredible, just incredible Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hey, time for the Champions League final!

Go Juve!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

My six pack is ice cold and I`m ready to see some quality football and some Messi magic !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top