• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Story

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Frogacuda - 25 June 2015 02:26 PM

So does this have an end or a “win” case? I played it for a bit, found out all the details of the crime and whodunnit and how and why and I still have more than half the videos to uncover but I’m not terribly sure why or what I’m looking for.

How can you be so sure you’ve found out all the details of the crime when you haven’t seen most of the videos yet?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Karlok - 25 June 2015 05:13 PM
Frogacuda - 25 June 2015 02:26 PM

So does this have an end or a “win” case? I played it for a bit, found out all the details of the crime and whodunnit and how and why and I still have more than half the videos to uncover but I’m not terribly sure why or what I’m looking for.

How can you be so sure you’ve found out all the details of the crime when you haven’t seen most of the videos yet?

Well I had found out sufficient details of what happened, how it happened, and why it happened that I didn’t have any nagging questions.

In any event it seems I just didn’t notice or didn’t trigger the endgame, so my notion that I had found the answers was correct.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Frogacuda - 25 June 2015 11:39 PM

Well I had found out sufficient details of what happened, how it happened, and why it happened that I didn’t have any nagging questions.

In any event it seems I just didn’t notice or didn’t trigger the endgame, so my notion that I had found the answers was correct.

Answers to what question?  Tongue It’s not just about innocent or guilty, there’s other stuff. (No “endgame” by the way, although you must have missed a chat session.) But if you don’t feel intrigued enough to contine playing, you shouldn’t. Games are supposed to be fun.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Karlok - 26 June 2015 05:02 AM
Frogacuda - 25 June 2015 11:39 PM

Answers to what question?  Tongue It’s not just about innocent or guilty, there’s other stuff. (No “endgame” by the way, although you must have missed a chat session.) But if you don’t feel intrigued enough to contine playing, you shouldn’t. Games are supposed to be fun.

I just didn’t notice or didn’t trigger the chat thing when I first posted. I got it now. That’s what I was trying to say.

I’ve been uncovering the rest, but most of it isn’t terribly revealing. I did, in fact, find the most interesting stuff rather quickly. I get that it’s more than just who did it, but also the backstory as to why and how.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i thought this was neat. i bumped into the big plot twist about 15 minutes in.. and it damaged the feel of the pacing… but thats kind of the brilliant thing about this little experience.. its non-linear, the words you type can take you anywhere in the story whether youre ready for it or not. I felt done with it after an hour and a half, though i know im missing a piece of the puzzle: not sure exactly how she gets caught, besides assuming that she mentions eve by mistake or something, and cant really make out the tap codes. Also a little unclear on hannah and eve’s fates.
Buut not feeling compelled to play it more. Wouldv been nice if the game let you replay clips youve unlocked sequentially. Could do it on youtube…but eh…

EDIT: i was curious to trace back my logic and see why i bumped into the spoiler so quickly. And found through the search history: in one of the first videos she says simon wouldnt do anything crazy and he must have had some kind of accident. I then immediately typed accident and got one of the videos from the last interview talking about her mother. So then i searched mother.. and spoilers poured from there.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@zane. I didn’t get the codes either. I read they are LOVE U the first time (Hannah) and BYD HANNAH (Eve) the second time. Yes, BYD. A code typo. Did they already use textspeak abbreviations like U in the early nineties…?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I think I figured out the twist 2 minutes in.
I hope I didn’t.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Origami - 29 June 2015 09:33 PM

I think I figured out the twist 2 minutes in.
I hope I didn’t.

well you’d likely know for sure if you did. Because once you do the words will keep leading to one thing to another, to another.
I can tell you what isnt the twist: its not the fact she gets arrested, they tell you that immediately on purpose

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Well I had two possible scenarios so it isn’t too impressive lol.
I just wished I considered them a little later down the line.
So 95% of the game was just confirmation of what I thought to be going on.
On my third search query I already ended up at a video that explained:

that the girl being interviewed had her period synced with Hannah.
At that point I knew this going in one of the following two directions:
Either she has a split personality or two sisters shared the same identity

The other twist I didn’t see coming though.

Still a nice experience though, felt myself wanting to know more and more as the actress slowly grew on me. Unfortunately there is no surprise or reward for watching all the videos.

A lot of people seem to be in favour of a split personality theory.
In my case I don’t believe this to be true because it can easily be disproven through witness testimony.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^hmm really? interesting, hadnt thought about it. I dont really see a split personality theory as a possibility… it would almost be plausible except the days where she goes from having the bruise to not the bruise. Oh and also because the investigator apparently confirms her story with the car accident. Making it impossible for her to be in both places unless theres 2 people..

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

zane - 30 June 2015 12:07 PM

^hmm really? interesting, hadnt thought about it. I dont really see a split personality theory as a possibility… it would almost be plausible except the days where she goes from having the bruise to not the bruise. Oh and also because the investigator apparently confirms her story with the car accident. Making it impossible for her to be in both places unless theres 2 people..

As a reaction to your latter comment:

That actually is explained in the game. Apparently Eve smashed Simon’s watch to create an alibi trick. She could’ve easily adjusted the time before smashing it. Actually….regardless of smashing the watch, I don’t think the game ever establishes a timeline. From what I get Simon gets murdered in the evening and she just drove to Glasgow later that evening and returned the next day. I don’t know how long the ride is from their place to Glasgow, maybe that provides an answer.

Anyway, to me the split peronality doesn’t make sense because apparently Eve performed regularly at bars. It is easy to find witnesses to testify to Hanna’s whereabouts during one of Eve’s performances.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Origami

The distance Glasgow-Portsmouth = 600 kilometres = approximately 7 hours by car, like she told the police. Yeah, I took the trouble to check her story about leaving Glasgow at eight and returning home at three PM. Smile

I don’t want it to be a split personality. For one thing, split personalities are not supposed to be aware of each other’s existence, that’s more or less the whole point of the disorder. But there’s also the tattoo, I’m not buying the explanation that she uses make-up to cover the tattoo when she’s Hannah. And the bruise, as mentioned by zane. Eve also touches the wrong side of her face when asked about it. It’s also an overused and lame explanation. So I’m going for the existence of twins, which is hardly plausible either.  A midwife stealing a baby, living across the street, staying hidden in the attic for 8 years, plus the months when Hannah had already moved out… are those parents deaf and blind idiots or what?

I enjoyed the game immensely, but I wish the silly and contrived story didn’t force the player to suspend all disbelief. 

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Yeah that was another thing I considered, as far as I am familiar with split personalities the people don’t remember memories of the ‘other side’.

Actually, the twins scenario is the best way for me and I don’t have trouble accepting it. The whole story hinges on themes of a fairy-tale like scenario, parallels being made with the Rapunzel fairy tale. Yes, it doesn’t seem plausible in real life but so haven’t countless of locked room murder mysteries I have read, yet they really work as a story of fiction. I approach the game the same way. It is slightly mystery with the writer wanting to give it a surprise element and I think he made it work out fine. Leaving some room for ambiguity but also making it seem possible, however implausible.

Regardless, for me it is easy to accept the twins theory but at the same time I know this doesn’t need to be the truth. I gave the explanation that a split/personality or Hannah making up Eve will not hold up well trough scrutiny. But who knows….maybe she still got arrested because they found out it was not true. The game doesn’t make this outcome very clear and that is the little ambiguity that is in place.

A lot of people explain the bruise by saying it is Hannah throughout some of the interviews and Eve during the latter ones. Imho this oould be possible and works well within the narrative.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Question: [spoiler]assuming they are twins, what does Eve mean in the very last interview when she said Hannah won’t be back? She killed her own twin?? Too much to swallow for me.

Yes, the bruise supports the twins theory, but not the multiple personality disorder.

I liked figuring out who is who during the seven interviews. Doesn’t matter what theory you favor, there are two personalities anyway. [/spoiler]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top