• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

quest for glory 3 dosbox speed issue with mage duel?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

ok so im in the mage duel, i haven’t played thru qfg in awhile but when the leapordman shaman casts the ‘hole’ spell where you are supposed to levitate (i think?) out of it? ... it doesnt give me enough time to cast anything before saying i’ve lost the duel . sometimes it happens before i even start to drop through the hole.  what am i doing wrong? is there another solution? is it a cpu cycles thing?  just stuck here lol.  thanks for any ideas

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

It’s been a long time since I played QfG3, so I don’t recall how this mage duel should work. A quick glance at a walkthrough makes it sound like you’re doing the right thing, so maybe it is a speed issue or a bug. I assume you tried lowering the CPU cycles?

Are you playing the GOG version or one you installed yourself?

If you installed it yourself, you could try the two QfG3 patches on SierraHelp. They don’t specifically mention fixing your problem, but they shouldn’t make anything in the game worse, so you can try them. The GOG version might already incorporate these patches, I’m not sure.

If those don’t work, you could also try playing in ScummVM, but I’m not sure if ScummVM will be compatible with your existing save game files or not.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-08-17

PM

Don’t know if this problem is down to cpu speed, but if it is you can adjust the cycles whilst playing in dosbox as follows:

To increase cycles (faster) - press ‘CTRL + F12’
To decrease cycles (slower) - press ‘CTRL + F11’

The CPU speed is displayed in the top navigation bar of DOSBox - and it will show the changes as you make them (if you are playing full-screen you can toggle between windowed and full-screen by pressing ‘ALT + Enter’). Remember to reset the cycles afterwards!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top